House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sibley's Love Child

Golden Balls

Has anyone seen this on ITV yet, hosted by perennial favourite Jasper Carrott?

What a grotesque insight into duplicity and avarice. The bulk of the show is just a side-show for the finale where the remaining two contestants have to decide whether to split or steal the day's cash prize. Invariably, the contestants will out-do each other on the 'you can trust me' patter before opting to steal from the other contestant. The obvious drawback to this is that both are greedy feckers and will both opt to steal thereby forfeiting any prize money and go home with nowt.

Yesterday's final was with (by the sounds of it) a well-to-do old girl and a ditsy Northern blonde. The ditsy blonde made a big song and dance about "just think what we could do with 50k if we split". Needless to say the old girl decided to trust her and then promptly got stung by said ditsy blonde. Her justification? "I'm sorry but just think what I could do with that money".

Perhaps i'm too honest but this sort of spectacle leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Rant over.

I've seen it a few times and it is indeed a grotesque show.

Quite simply, the only way to win is to be a deceitful lier. Honesty will always guarantee that you go home with nothing.

The message that this sends to youngsters watching surely cannot be questioned.

At least Deal or No Deal, whilst also dross, doesn't pit contestants against each other in a fight to be the biggest fraud.

(Edited for spelling)

I've seen it a few times and it is indeed a grotesque show.

Quite simply, the only way to win is to be a deceitful lier. Honesty will always guarantee that you go home with nothing.

The message that this sends to youngsters watching surely cannot be questioned.

At least Deal or No Deal, whilst also dross, doesn't pit contestants against each other in a fight to be the biggest fraud.

(Edited for spelling)

Quite, another memorable final saw the final cash prize a paltry hundred-and-odd quid. Most people would think feck-it, it's enough for a night out each. The bloke duly followed said mentality and yet the lass opposite still opted to steal, and for such a pitiful amount. Morality is obviously a trait on the decline.

As you say, at least the other dross on TV promotes the ethos of winning fairly (or in the case of Deal or No Deal; sheer randomness).

Guest X-QUORK

I saw this a few times when out of work at the start of the year. I'm grateful to the OP for explaining what it was all about as I'm buggered if I knew when I was watching it. Distrubingly, my three year old son started playing Golden Balls in his Bob The Builder house, now and again you'd hear him saying "six thousand pounds" or "killer ball". I'm glad to say he's over it now.