House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

0q0

Perils Of Taking The P Out Of A Motorist's Passenger

Broad daylight, passenger emerges from a car, he's male and quite young, on his phone.

He proceeds to walk to the hedge right at the front here and urinate, one hand on his pride and joy, one hand cupping his mobile to his phone.

Once finished, he zips up and checks his reflection in the tinted window reflection of the car he is passenger in, paying particular attention to his lower areas (what a poseur, he has to arrange his plums?) and then jumps in and they zoom off.

Apart from wondering what the odds were he'd choose my hedge of all streets around, it got me to wondering why, if urine is sterile, does it smell? Surely bacteria causes odour.

By the way, sonny, if you're reading this - about 6 pretty girls live just across the road and if they caught sight of your little tiddler then no wonder they keep making "tiny" gestures every time they walk past the hedge.

True story btw.

Guest X-QUORK

More than likely he's aspiring to get a semi but will have to settle with the terrace in the meantime.

if urine is sterile, does it smell? Surely bacteria causes odour.

True story btw.

What makes you think his particular urine was sterile?

Might have a dose of something. :blink:

When urine first leaves the body, it should be sterile and not smell particularly bad. If someone can smell something amiss when they urinate the main possibilities are that they have a bladder infection (possible with women, very rare with men) or that they the smell is actually associated with their genitalia.

Urine provide a rich mix of nutrients for bacteria, just like milk does. Just as if you poured a pint of fresh milk around a phone box, the smell would be unpleasent a few days later, so it is with urine. Once in the open, bacteria will break down compounds such as urea to give ammonia (NH2-CO-NH2+ H2O => 2 x NH3 + CO2 ), giving a bad whif.

More than likely he's aspiring to get a semi but will have to settle with the terrace in the meantime.

He deserves a detached for a brazen performance like that!

Broad daylight, passenger emerges from a car, he's male and quite young, on his phone.

He proceeds to walk to the hedge right at the front here and urinate, one hand on his pride and joy, one hand cupping his mobile to his phone.

You should be grateful he didn't need a pony. Someone did this in my drive last year.

You should be grateful he didn't need a pony. Someone did this in my drive last year.

:( oh dear!

I was once on a date with a lass who insisted I stop the car so she could pee. She did it in the road by a drain. What it is it about me that attracts those who should really still be in nappies?! :blink:

I guess you should be grateful they didn't do it in a paper bag, then set alight to the paper bag so you came out to stamp out the blaze.

When urine first leaves the body, it should be sterile and not smell particularly bad. If someone can smell something amiss when they urinate the main possibilities are that they have a bladder infection (possible with women, very rare with men) or that they the smell is actually associated with their genitalia.

Also what you eat can affect the smell too - asparagus is the usual example of this.

Urine tends to smell when you are dehydrated, after drinking for example.

And eating beetroot turns urine purple.

That is all.

urine smells because it is also designed to mark out a territory to others of the same species . So at your next veiwing don't forget to piss in all four corners

urine smells because it is also designed to mark out a territory to others of the same species . So at your next veiwing don't forget to piss in all four corners

It would appear in my current rented flat that the previous tenants did indeed do just that. The smell while I watch TV is quite something, I have steam cleaned it and now Vaxxed it in the hope it finally goes away. It was only the hot weather that "awoke" the aroma from the carpet.

Which makes it all the more coincidental that the chap chose my hedge to p in, unless of course he is the former tenant and old habits die hard.

(Maybe he was aiming to get through the window to his usual spot?)

Thank you Doccy, will have a wee look later. At present, so far, the Vax seems to have done the job (if you pardon the expression there).

Guest X-QUORK

A mate of mine went on a health kick and being the kind of guy who doesn't do things by halves, he started taking a very long list of vitamins every day. To his horror his urine turned bright green shortly afterwards. Being a mate I agreed to try one vitamin a day to identify the source, and sure enough on day three I had a bright green piss - the only problem is that now I can't remember which vitamin it was...something obscure like "J" I think.

So at your next veiwing don't forget to piss in all four corners

If you are viewing a new build, this can be done whilst standing in the centre of the room and simply rotating.