Adverts You Hate

Garry AKA Pod

HOLA441
  • Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

The ad for the anti-bac spray with the kid eating the carrot that turns into a raw chicken leg... With "dramatisation" written in the bottom corner -because there must be some people out there who worry that maybe carrots can turn into chicken. :blink: Scaremongerers.

The ad for the cancerous woman insurance - from "only" 5.95/month to get up to £25,000 if diagnosed with cancer that is gender specific - and in a terribly jolly way, "I could use the money for a holiday!" It's not a savings scheme you daft cow!

And all adverts for massacre - every single one of them has some clause or another about them being styled with lash inserts/enhanced in post production etc. If you're going to say that something does wonderous things to eyelashes, then you shouldn't need all the inserts and photoshop stuff. For a massacre company to sell anything by it's adverts, I want to see someone with no eye makeup on, and the magical transformation being shown on just one side - no gimmicks - just the magic wand of eyelash wonder - so I can see the genuine difference between the before and after.

HOLA444
The ad for the anti-bac spray with the kid eating the carrot that turns into a raw chicken leg... With "dramatisation" written in the bottom corner -because there must be some people out there who worry that maybe carrots can turn into chicken. :blink: Scaremongerers.

The ad for the cancerous woman insurance - from "only" 5.95/month to get up to £25,000 if diagnosed with cancer that is gender specific - and in a terribly jolly way, "I could use the money for a holiday!" It's not a savings scheme you daft cow!

And all adverts for massacre - every single one of them has some clause or another about them being styled with lash inserts/enhanced in post production etc. If you're going to say that something does wonderous things to eyelashes, then you shouldn't need all the inserts and photoshop stuff. For a massacre company to sell anything by it's adverts, I want to see someone with no eye makeup on, and the magical transformation being shown on just one side - no gimmicks - just the magic wand of eyelash wonder - so I can see the genuine difference between the before and after.

Advertising massacres? That's the news innit?

HOLA445
HOLA446
Anything selling tampons. Are there no things which are private?

Do they even need advertising anyway?

"I'm bleeding out of my hole, oh what on earth am i going to use to stem the flow?"

"Here you go love, stuff this bit of compacted cotten wool up your chuff and don't forget to poke the little string up your bumhole when you go pee-pee""

HOLA447
Guest theboltonfury
Do they even need advertising anyway?

"I'm bleeding out of my hole, oh what on earth am i going to use to stem the flow?"

"Here you go love, stuff this bit of compacted cotten wool up your chuff and don't forget to poke the little string up your bumhole when you go pee-pee""

I guess the manufacturers of snatch-mice want you to buy their brand though.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Guest theboltonfury
moneysupermarket.com.. Does Peter Jones love the taste of all that corporate c0ck?

True, like he gives a ****** if he saves £60 on his car insurance.

HOLA4412

Any advertisement with an American voiceover. It is lazy, sloppy and unprofessional and why would anyone be persuaded to buy something because an American says so?

If this creates job opportunities, well my softly spoken, slightly (but interestingly) modified Received Pronunciation is available adenoidenly at a modest rate.

HOLA4413

Ads which are just so boring that you just switch off and end up having no idea what they're advertising. They're annoying because some Nathan Barley probably got paid a big whack for such poor ideas.

http://www.tellyads.com/show_movie.php?filename=TA9179

http://www.tellyads.com/show_movie.php?filename=TA9179

Oh and those Here Come the Girls ads - was that Boots or something?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
I hate the 'Halifax Pyramid' ad. Its obvious the Halifax are way over-staffed if they can build a huge pyramid of bank staff just to hand a customer back a fiver. Surely just paying the money straight into the customes account would be more cost effective?

+1 I hate every Halifax ad with a passion. Something to do with that bald, talentless chap with comedy glasses, perhaps

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Lets have an old classic to cheer ourselves up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkNeXksKK1o

And try this:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...rrent&hl=en

Yes, I know its the dreaded Star Wars Holiday Special, but every 20 minutes or so the adverts are still there - 70s American adverts are, quite frankly, unique...

The Peugeot Bhangra Nights adverts is funny...........or should I get the old sense of humour checked??

HOLA4424
Guest anorthosite
The Peugeot Bhangra Nights adverts is funny...........or should I get the old sense of humour checked??

Its more than an advert - its a mini-movie almost. A work of art even.

HOLA4425

Archived