House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Garry AKA Pod

Adverts You Hate

Yes, there are more important things in life than upsetting our allies.

So I ask you which adverts do you loathe? Can be current ones, or those of yesteryear.

There are 3 that currently annoy the crap out of me.

1) T-Mobile advert where 1000's of morons sing along to songs. I want to harm the bloke singing total eclipse of the heart.

2) Peugeot advert. Desperate housewives lookalike asks if the car comes in any colour other than black. Smarmy salesman says "it comes in no-arr". Tw@t

3) Pepsi max advert where the bloke goes for a job interview, proceeds to batter himself in order to scare off other applicants, leaving his mate as the only remaining one. 3 pricks then do an 'I'm a 5* dickhead walk' down the street.

Now, the sheer fact that I'm so bothered by these adverts, means that someone is doing their job correctly, so the irony is not lost on me. Doesn't mean I have to like the bloody things though.

Oh for the days of "Look for the DC Cook sign"

Here is a good site to jog your memory. Just select adverts in the drop down menu. There are also some classic public information films, including the classic "protect and survive", which reminds you to close the curtains if the bomb drops.

http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/

Guest KingCharles1st

So I ask you which adverts do you loathe? Can be current ones, or those of yesteryear.

1) T-Mobile advert where 1000's of morons sing along to songs. I want to harm the bloke singing total eclipse of the heart.

2) Peugeot advert. Desperate housewives lookalike asks if the car comes in any colour other than black. Smarmy salesman says "it comes in no-arr". Tw@t

3) Pepsi max advert where the bloke goes for a job interview, proceeds to batter himself in order to scare off other applicants, leaving his mate as the only remaining one. 3 pricks then do an 'I'm a 5* dickhead walk' down the street.

Now, the sheer fact that I'm so bothered by these adverts, means that someone is doing their job correctly, so the irony is not lost on me. Doesn't mean I have to like the bloody things though.

Yes ad no.3 is irritating in the extreme. It's ok up till the pricks walking down the street bit.

I don't really watch telly anymore- just a quick catchup of breakfast news, but that's mainly to see what spin the BBC are vomiting out on the particular day in question.

webuyanycar.com (that tune is so annoying)

The one with the d1ck getting his mother to MEW.

"Life is for living mum, I said" :angry:

webuyanycar.com (that tune is so annoying)

The one with the d1ck getting his mother to MEW.

"Life is for living mum, I said" :angry:

Not seen that one, but if I had I'd probably have an embolism.

Two that really get on my tits are the one for the air freshener with the little kid 'I dont want to do a poo in xxx bathroom.' and, generically, just about any overrought emotional blackmail charidee add: Yes NSPCC, I mean you (ditto ones for doggy sanctuaries).

Yep, every single one of the above incites rage within me especially no. 1 - that bloke is begging for a drop-kick.

How about those trade-in-your-phone-for-cash ads doing the rounds; there's Mazoma and Envirofone (sic) both of those need a good drop-kicking or perhaps a clothesline.

I hate most ads, bellends the lot of 'em.

I hate the 'Halifax Pyramid' ad. Its obvious the Halifax are way over-staffed if they can build a huge pyramid of bank staff just to hand a customer back a fiver. Surely just paying the money straight into the customes account would be more cost effective?

Guest theboltonfury

Shit advert but she happens to be beyond stunning.

The whole catalogue of Confused.com adverts. All cast and crew need a bullet.

Most of the people featured are actually T-Mobile employees down for the day from T-mobile's Welwyn Garden City head office.

I think Charlie Brooker would probably say "Why doesn't the shit-eating Ben Affleck lookalike roughly take her over the bonnet? Because he's probably gay."

Tragically this ad was cowritten by Chuck Palahniuk. Doubtless though to avoid the legal implications of ripping off Fight Club.

The ads I really hate are the really inappropriately targeted ones. Adverts for nappies in the middle of "The Ring" or "Fight Club", the rather sanctimonious "Bifidus-Regularis-Bulsshittium" yoghurt drinks, adverts for stool softeners ("Dulcoease" - euuuw) during cookery programs, but the daftest ones are adverts for baby food during sexually charged thrillers - on the sofa with the girlfriend in the mood for some lovin and an ad for baby-food comes on.

Its almost like the advertisers purposefully want to kill the mood just so that they can ram their product and family values rhetoric into your face and rub it round-and-round. :angry:

Guest X-QUORK

"Fact me!"

"Alright love, here's a fact...your advert sucks ass."

Guest skullingtonjoe

It has got to be any `Lynx` advert. Some sad git puts on Lynx and suddenly becomes a babe magnet? Yeah, right! I`d like to crucify the fu<kers who came up with such a sad series of tv crap - surely the Trades Descriptions Act comes in?

The other was the Virgin `Pendolino` trains advert. I assume that IP addresses are served up by an on-board DHCP server; a quick MITM with Ettercap could see the train`s LAN being flooded in a dos attack. In fact, the advert had me so riled up that at one point I was going to board one of their trains, fire up BT3, put up a lemonparty.org cutting on my local apache server and then redirect traffic to the site with a suitable `you have been pwned` message. Juvenile? Infantile? Definitely, but for God`s sake please don`t subject me to the torture of advertising... :rolleyes:

Guest skullingtonjoe
"Fact me!"

"Alright love, here's a fact...your advert sucks ass."

Oh yes, a most annoying term... :(

Guest X-QUORK
I hate the 'Halifax Pyramid' ad. Its obvious the Halifax are way over-staffed if they can build a huge pyramid of bank staff just to hand a customer back a fiver. Surely just paying the money straight into the customes account would be more cost effective?

More satisfying would be an Abu-Ghraib style naked human pyramid of HBOS directors, complete with savage dogs and Fred The Shred connected to a car battery via his knackers.

Guest theboltonfury
You see?! She even asks him to fact her over the bonnet and he refuses. Definitely a gayer. Those "noir" Peugots are for gayers.

What they lose in rubbish adverts, they make up for by having an eye for a fit bird.

Trailers for TV shows are particularly annoying. At the moment the Jamie Oliver one is making me quite irate. Who exactly does he think he is? He's a fat tongued mockney.

God yes. I just can't abide that ad. It's a kind of "Look we're a really caring bank - even though we failed miserably to prevent our own bankruptcy because of our own greed and even though we are challenging the test case for unfair bank charges, and even though we forecast spiralling house prices but fell silent on our forecasts when prices started dropping, and even though there are monthly charges for this type of account far exceeding the fiver we give back in this ad, we care enough to give our customers .... a fiver."

Most of the people featured are actually T-Mobile employees down for the day from T-mobile's Welwyn Garden City head office.

Really? Do they need that many retarded staff? :blink:

Saw an advert for some sort of cream or lubricant for keeping vagina's PH level neutral a few days ago. How long until they start advertising a smegma co*k cheese removal cream?

I don't know what we can do until that product arrives chaps, aside from maybe having a shower........

Guest X-QUORK
Really? Do they need that many retarded staff? :blink:

Saw an advert for some sort of cream or lubricant for keeping vagina's PH level neutral a few days ago. How long until they start advertising a smegma co*k cheese removal cream?

I don't know what we can do until that product arrives chaps, aside from maybe having a shower........

Then there's the euphamism bloated, used by Activia to describe the feeling women get when their shit's backed up three days due to only eating Galaxy bars and Diet Coke.

car_photo_303798_7.jpg

post-12677-1251191557_thumb.jpg

How about the NatWest 'helpful' banking one ?

Where the bleached-hair, constantly brainless-tittering NW employee asks customer what she's saving for, and customer doesn't tell her to mind her own business?