House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eric pebble

Property Developers Are Going Spectacularly Bust - But We Hear Very Little About This

SO MANY PEOPLE think/thought that they can/ could just go on and on and on "making millions" via property...... There is/has been SO MUCH delusion and foolishness out there in the last 10+ years. There should be more media focus on the DOWNSIDE of all this crap imho.... But of course - the media CONTINUES to peddle the LIE that you will ALWAYS "make money" with property....... :angry:

--------------

Daily Mail article - [this is a rarity.]

=============

My fiance committed suicide weeks before our wedding after credit crunch caused collapse of his [property] firm

To the outside world, Mark had everything to live for. He was a handsome 36-year-old property developer, popular with his friends. We were deeply in love, about to get married and shared a £1.7 million London house that Mark had bought for us to renovate.

But behind the scenes I knew that he was depressed. His business was collapsing. He had a huge portfolio of London properties once worth millions on paper but, with the credit crunch looming, he was unable to sell them. He was mortgaged to the hilt and facing financial ruin.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/articl...l#ixzz0OxhLFIPV

=============

THIS IS THE REALITY out there -- but they DON'T want the general public to know about/see this side of things.........

Edited by eric pebble

THIS IS THE REALITY out there -- but they DON'T want the general public to know about/see this side of things.........

who doesn't? its in the newspaper. where else do you want it?

who doesn't? its in the newspaper. where else do you want it?

IT should be PLASTERED across ALL the media.......... This is a one-off article - already buried by the VIs.......

WE ARE CONSTANTLY BEING TOLD THERE'S A "RECOVERY" - AND EVERYTHING IS "OK" .........

THIS IS A MASSIVE LIE. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Edited by eric pebble

What business did she start up?

It tells you in the article - "Domestic Goddess – providing a home service that organises people’s lives while they are at work. I collected children from school, picked up parking permits, walked dogs."

IT should be PLASTERED across ALL the media.......... This is a one-off article - already buried by the VIs.......

WE ARE CONSTANTLY BEING TOLD THERE'S A "RECOVERY" - AND EVERYTHING IS "OK" .........

THIS IS A MASSIVE LIE. :angry: :angry: :angry:

maybe because suicide isn't really a hugely rare event.

the story you linked happened over a year ago.

It tells you in the article - "Domestic Goddess – providing a home service that organises people’s lives while they are at work. I collected children from school, picked up parking permits, walked dogs."

Cheers, Eirc... I never got far through the article as the woman made me sick - I can't say for sure but I get the impression she had a lot to do with putting pressure on her husband.

Doesn't that sort of prove Eric's point... :rolleyes:

The article is dated 24 August 2009. :wacko::rolleyes:

And it is already buried away... It has not been featured in any other newspapers as far as I know -- and it CERTAINLY hasn't been talked about IN TERMS OF PROPERTY COLLAPSE & DEBTS by ANY of the media -- and it has not featured on tv news as far as I know......

IT HAS BEEN BURIED. Deliberately.

The article is dated 24 August 2009. :wacko::rolleyes:

And it is already buried away... It has not been featured in any other newspapers as far as I know -- and it CERTAINLY hasn't been talked about IN TERMS OF PROPERTY COLLAPSE & DEBTS by ANY of the media -- and it has not featured on tv news as far as I know......

IT HAS BEEN BURIED. Deliberately.

I wouldn't agree. It happened a year ago. Yet the story appears now. So it has not been buried - just delayed. Until everything is ok again. And shows like Property snakes and ladders are telling people that you can still make huge profits on property. Coz all the mess is over with. Recovery is back on. All these nasty property related suicides took place last year when all the banks were collapsing. It is all fine now though. Fill yer boots.

You get the drift...

It looks like Domestic Goddess is no longer operating... :(

Edited by Cozza

Which could be why she has now had to sell the story a year later, sad story.

regards

J

Talk about cheapening the memory of her dead fiance; capitalising on her 'grief' to salvage her business venture?

You're right, it is sad but not in the sense that you allude to.

Small and medium developers and builders are going bust, but until one of the big ones goes under, it's just really just local news. So, are the big national housebuilders out of the woods yet?

Small and medium developers and builders are going bust, but until one of the big ones goes under, it's just really just local news. So, are the big national housebuilders out of the woods yet?

Many, as far as I know, are up to their eyeballs in debt....

Doubtless Gordy and Mandelarsebandit have slipped them a few billion........

I guess all of the upper echelons within these media companies are trying to offload their bad pwoperdie investments by misleading reporting?

Report good property news and you might just grab yourself a foolish buyer before prices slide further

I guess all of the upper echelons within these media companies are trying to offload their bad pwoperdie investments by misleading reporting?

Report good property news and you might just grab yourself a foolish buyer before prices slide further

Precisely what's going on codeine. It's that cynical.

95% of the meedja is controlled by those with massive vested interests in talking up property....

I wouldn't agree. It happened a year ago. Yet the story appears now. So it has not been buried - just delayed. Until everything is ok again. And shows like Property snakes and ladders are telling people that you can still make huge profits on property. Coz all the mess is over with. Recovery is back on. All these nasty property related suicides took place last year when all the banks were collapsing. It is all fine now though. Fill yer boots.

You get the drift...

Whenever the suicide took place, I think Eric is just pointing out that the report of the event has been buried. Even though this news was delayed a year, was it widely reported ?

Guest KingCharles1st

What- you mean like BEING A MOTHER! :blink:

Whenever the suicide took place, I think Eric is just pointing out that the report of the event has been buried. Even though this news was delayed a year, was it widely reported ?

That is right. Thanks Prof.

Precisely what's going on codeine. It's that cynical.

95% of the meedja is controlled by those with massive vested interests in talking up property....

Hey guys, just a polite request. Can you stop typing "pwoperdie" and "meedja"? It's almost as annoying as the little tykes who keep saying "printy printy". Maybe you could start saying "pwinty pwinty" instead?

Hey guys, just a polite request. Can you stop typing "pwoperdie" and "meedja"? It's almost as annoying as the little tykes who keep saying "printy printy". Maybe you could start saying "pwinty pwinty" instead?

+1

I do agree. However the delay is also no mistake IMO.

Look at the latest series of property snakes and ladders. Just being shown when everything is apparently getting back to normal.

Rather convienent.

The sheeple get told everything after the event.

I do agree. However the delay is also no mistake IMO.

Look at the latest series of property snakes and ladders. Just being shown when everything is apparently getting back to normal.

Rather convienent.

The ramping going on every day now in the media is gut-wrenching. Organised LYING.

The sheeple get told everything after the event.

Organised lying. Rampant right across the media every day now.