House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Now It's Payback Time... America Boycotts British Goods As Anger Grows Over Release Of Bomber

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...nger-grows.html

Britain was warned last night it faces ' payback time' from the U.S. over the release of the Lockerbie bomber.

The alert came as American consumers were urged to boycott British and Scottish exports and holiday in Ireland instead of the UK.

The special relationship was under strain over new allegations linking UK trade interests with the freeing of Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed Al Megrahi on compassionate grounds - he has terminal cancer.

U.S. government sources urged Gordon Brown to end his silence and Opposition MPs demanded records of all meetings between ministers and the Libyan regime.

Will Brown now blame the Americans for the future collapse in UK GP and killing off the UK recovery he's bought with debt?

Or will Brown blame Scotland for all this?

Once again it appears none of this is Browns fault.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/s...icle6807289.ece

Scotland’s government faces a fight for its survival as the furore over its decision to free the Lockerbie bomber escalated last night.

Opposition parties north of the Border are preparing to hold a confidence vote over the decision by Kenny MacAskill, the Scottish Justice Secretary, to free Abdul Baset Ali al-Megrahi. Alex Salmond, the First Minister, has confirmed that he would resign if the Holyrood vote went against him.

The development comes after a weekend of fierce criticism from the United States of the decision on the ground of compassion to return al-Megrahi to Libya, where he was fêted as a hero on his return.

Admiral Mike Mullen, the Chairman of the Pentagon’s Joint Chiefs of Staff, said he was appalled by the freeing of al-Megrahi, echoing the earlier attack by Robert Mueller, the FBI Director, who accused Scotland of “making a mockery of the rule of law†and giving “comfort to terrorists around the worldâ€. Threats by Americans to boycott Scottish goods and services on the back of the al-Megrahi decision are being taken seriously by the British Government.

Labour plot to secure the Scottish Parliament so it will at least rule something?

All those protesting yanks converging on Belfast for their vay'cay'tion instead of here.

Edited by Deadman

Guest KingCharles1st
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...nger-grows.html

Will Brown now blame the Americans for the future collapse in UK GP and killing off the UK recovery he's bought with debt?

Or will Brown blame Scotland for all this?

Once again it appears none of this is Browns fault.

See my posts of last week- I really couldn't give a flying f_uck an longer.

It was a done deal orchestrated by Mandy, gordon clutched the usual straws, Obama played ball, (because Mandy is cleverer than him and knew he would get his knicks all tangled)

A pure crock.

And just for good measure- what else slipped through under the radar last week?

I think we should all boycott British made goods - if there are any. Is it only the Yanks who can show their displeasure with our government?

Guest KingCharles1st
I think we should all boycott British made goods - if there are any. Is it only the Yanks who can show their displeasure with our government?

:lol: Maybe English people could boycott Scottish stuff? Great idea- good one!

So what are those Scottish products exactly?

Marmalade

Loch Fyne salmon

Whisky- hheeeeyy now that would REALLY hurt Brown- all that tax revenue lost

Do the Scots make any fags?

Marmalade

Loch Fyne salmon

Isnt there a thriving fag population in Scotland?

Marmalade

Loch Fyne salmon

Scotch eggs

Scotch tape

Haggis

Scotish Widows

RBS

OK, lets see if I have this right.

A country currently flooded with Chinese imports, is threatening a boycott of consumer goods, from a country it doesn't buy consumer goods from.

A country currently flooded with Chinese imports, is threatening a boycott of consumer goods, from a country it doesn't buy consumer goods from.

i think, if you look at the trade numbers, around 50% of our service exports are to the US.

i think, if you look at the trade numbers, around 50% of our service exports are to the US.

Love to see your stats on that one. Link?

Well, I suppose they could always boycott Ultimo by promising not to j3rk off to pictures of Ultimo's new bra & underwear campaign. :P

The Yanks don't like it when their bitches are disobedient do they?

Regardless of which side of the fence you are on, it really wasn't a politically adept move. I wonder what the real goal is...................

Guest sillybear2

Dark clouds are forming over the Iron Bru factory, well... darker than the normal one's, at least.

Regardless of which side of the fence you are on, it really wasn't a politically adept move. I wonder what the real goal is...................

The finalise the independance of Scotland from the United Kingdom. Do something so bad that the rest of the union will have to question you decision.

The dude should have rotted in jail but I'm a heartless git! :)

You guys think would should do what the yanks tell us to do?

I think Scotland should be proud of what they have done. First, the guy was probably innocent and would have been released under appeal anyway.

Second, we need Oil far more than we need America. The US will screw everyone else in its pursuit of oil, having a 'Special Relationship' only counts when it serves the USA's needs. The USA is now only 20% of the worlds economy and its falling away.

This boycott will be short lived and have little impact.