House Price Crash Forum

Agressive Ticketing On My Street

200p

HOLA441

Had a stroll down my street this morning, and the Traffic wardens were out in force issuing tickets. We have residents permits here, those without have a 2 hour window to park.

Looks like a lot of sleepy visitors who thought they might get away with it on a Sunday, got hit this morning.

2 wardens had already ticketed 3 cars on my street alone. I saw them with their digital cameras. Bet they must have fined people £100s today. A good haul!

:lol:

Muahahaha - HA HA

I don't really like all this fining, as it is bound to happening to me, perhaps for dropping litter or putting out the rubbish on the wring day, but a bit of good HPC schadenfreude is good for one's soul, time to turn to the dark side.....

Taking pleasure n people's pain is GOOD.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
Had a stroll down my street this morning, and the Traffic wardens were out in force issuing tickets. We have residents permits here, those without have a 2 hour window to park.

Looks like a lot of sleepy visitors who thought they might get away with it on a Sunday, got hit this morning.

2 wardens had already ticketed 3 cars on my street alone. I saw them with their digital cameras. Bet they must have fined people £100s today. A good haul!

:lol:

Muahahaha - HA HA

I don't really like all this fining, as it is bound to happening to me, perhaps for dropping litter or putting out the rubbish on the wring day, but a bit of good HPC schadenfreude is good for one's soul, time to turn to the dark side.....

Taking pleasure n people's pain is GOOD.

at least these highly profitable souls are making a excellent contribution to your local budget.

HOLA443

There's been a sudden morphic-resonant rash of parking on the pavement on my street and it really hacks me off. A few years ago, the carriageway was widened, and about 18 inches of pavement was removed, leaving pedestrians barely enough room to squeeze past a wheely-bin on recycling day. If you're pushing a baby-buggy you can completely forget it. Now, what little space has been left for pedestrians has been annexed by the softroaders.

The other day, I congratulated a traffic warden who was booking a car which had parked with 2 wheels on the pavement and encouraged him to "book 'em all!"

My appreciation of his work clearly made his day. And the beaming smile I got from him in return made mine.

Book 'em all!'

HOLA444
HOLA445

A junction near us is constantly view-blocked by people parking on the pavement. It's a 40mph road you come out onto so a bit risky if your view is blocked... and people fly round at 50 (And some kid did it at about 70 and died but there you go) - I wish they'd bloody ticket them. It's dangerous.

And some monkey up the road has a "drive" that is so small his car overhangs the pavement if he parks on it, the only car that wouldn't it one of those tiny tiny ones. I don't know why that's allowed.

And bmw drivers - they're the worst. Got a photo of one parked on a very narrow lane whilst they re-paint yellow lines on the road either side of him...

And then the w*nker who thinks it's ok to text and then dial the phone as he's joining the motorway.

There are too many car owners in the UK.

HOLA446
HOLA447

And some monkey up the road has a "drive" that is so small his car overhangs the pavement if he parks on it, the only car that wouldn't it one of those tiny tiny ones. I don't know why that's allowed.
I know this subject well, & I would guess it isn't allowed. The only problem putting a ticket on it is the wardens aren't allowed on private property ie his drive. They can put a ticket on the protruding part of the vehicle sure, but they need to be able to read and input the tax details to issue a ticket lawfully. If the car is parked front end out to the street, then a warden could read the tax disc from the street and issue.

HOLA448

Councils across the land are putting yellow lines where their is not a parking problom so they can isue more tickes but not in places like Highfields leicester that has yellow lines but not traffic wardens.

did i forget to mention that Highfield is ethnicaly enhanced :lol:

HOLA449

Where I live there used to be a three or four places where you could park for free for up to two hours and wonder into town to do a bit of shopping. It was a five minute walk so a lot of lazy people didn't bother and would pay a couple of pounds to save their fat @rses any effort.

Recent all those places have now been changed to either ticketed parking or 1/2 hour only (not long enough to do anything in town).

It's now impossible to park any closer town than where I live, so now I walk all the way. It's become a disease where a bunch of jumped up little hitlers incapable of doing a proper job are set on extorting evermore money from the public.

Even my local leisure centre (council owned) has introduced ticketed parking - so now I go elsewhere.

Nothing good about it - just lazy useless people stealing from everybody else.

HOLA4410

I completely agree - more tickets should be issued for irresponsible parking. I've seen quite a number of cars recently which have parked on pavements blocking them completely here in Exeter. It forces pedestrians out into the road, which given the number of speeding boy racers around here, is just asking for an accident to happen.

Worse, the standard of driving around here is appalling. No-one seems to indicate around here, and speeding is endemic.

Councils across the land are putting yellow lines where their is not a parking problom so they can isue more tickes but not in places like Highfields leicester that has yellow lines but not traffic wardens.

did i forget to mention that Highfield is ethnicaly enhanced :lol:

And? Whats that got to do with anything? :unsure:

It would surely be a council decision on where to draw yellow lines, and the racial mix of a locality would surely be irrelevant.

HOLA4411

I remember the good old days in the 80s (real wild west back then), you could go most UK seasides, and it would be free to park. Cheap and cheerful weekend break.

You really have to be careful where you park that is unfamiliar - check all the signs, and be sure of the restrictions.

Most town centres ask you to pay up to 10pm, some are even 24 hour. You might think - ah the wardens finish at 5:30pm so won't pay - this is not the case.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
I know this subject well, & I would guess it isn't allowed. The only problem putting a ticket on it is the wardens aren't allowed on private property ie his drive. They can put a ticket on the protruding part of the vehicle sure, but they need to be able to read and input the tax details to issue a ticket lawfully. If the car is parked front end out to the street, then a warden could read the tax disc from the street and issue.

Mirror on a stick...?

See you on Dragons' Den.

HOLA4414
Councils across the land are putting yellow lines where their is not a parking problom ....................

Ah, yes, those very nasty YELLOW lines....the most unappealing, ugly, visually disgusting lines you can paint and yes folks, we have planning officers who question your right to build a nice wooden shed in your garden but our public roads are a free fest for a sea of yellow graffiti legally daubed with missionary zeal at just about any place where they can be squeezed in to make an extra buck.

Such taste. Such a sense of heightened aesthetic. NOT.

HOLA4415
Guest UK Debt Slave
Desperation breads contempt. :(

Indeed

All those council final salary pension schemes have to be paid for somehow

Expect even more punitive measures by local councils to plug the gap.....+ higher council tax bills

Disgusting... ;)

HOLA4416

With every year that goes by wardens and policemen have more and more devices hanging from them, clipped to them, or on their belts.

Pretty soon they'll be unable to walk. All of us will benefit.

I recall when coppers carried only a whistle and a truncheon, and prided themselves on never using the whistle...

HOLA4417
Guest UK Debt Slave
With every year that goes by wardens and policemen have more and more devices hanging from them, clipped to them, or on their belts.

Pretty soon they'll be unable to walk. All of us will benefit.

I recall when coppers carried only a whistle and a truncheon, and prided themselves on never using the whistle...

It's worse than that

They'll soon have the power to issue on-the-spot fines and you will be considered guilty by default

Insisting on a court appearance and the opportunity to defend yourself will deliberately be made prohibitively expensive for most people.

Thus, the police will be judge, jury and executioner. This is the end of habeas corpus and the introduction of EU's corpus juris legal system.

This is the end of centuries old checks and balances that gave Britain a reasonably fair legal system

Typically, nobody gives a fekk. Nobody is protesting about it. Nobody cares.

So I suppose you could argue we deserve what will be meted out to us seeing as we fail to defend even our most basic liberties and freedoms.

Just another reason why I am doing everything in my capability to leave the UK for good.

HOLA4418

In Manchester City Center. 2002 you were allowed on Saturday & Sunday (all day) and after 6pm to park on single yellow lines for free. In 2009, most of them have either been turned into pay and display or double yellow.

Hence, everyone now goes to the trafford center for shopping and out of town dining like the Reebok Stadium, Trafford Center or simply take a taxi.

£60 quid fine is rather an expensive day or night out.

HOLA4419
Guest UK Debt Slave
In Manchester City Center. 2002 you were allowed on Saturday & Sunday (all day) and after 6pm to park on single yellow lines for free. In 2009, most of them have either been turned into pay and display or double yellow.

Hence, everyone now goes to the trafford center for shopping and out of town dining like the Reebok Stadium, Trafford Center or simply take a taxi.

Unspeakable isn't it?

Greedy fekkn knuts

HOLA4420

Theyre all scammers. Ive only been ticketed once, as generally i dont venture into town centres other than outside controlled hours. But that once just illustrated to me what a mafioso gang the local council are. I had actually parked in a designated bay, the council got a truck with a crane on it to lift my car onto a double yellow, took photos of it then lifted it back onto the truck and impounded it. I had done nothing wrong, parked legally, and due simply to their barmy pay structure was landed a £120 fine.

Even acting within the law the facists under the employment of govt screw you. The only way to win is beat them at their own game - ensure youre property is constantly under youre surveillance. If they can plant drugs on you they will, and the same goes for every other 'crime'.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Unspeakable isn't it?

Greedy fekkn knuts

It will be their down-fall in the end people will refuse to go out and spend money to kick-start the economic downturn...I can't count the number of times I have driven on by simply because I am unable to park or I refuse to pay what they request from me to spend to park...their loss of VAT, Council tax, Income tax, Corporation tax....their loss and the community loss...the only winners are the large corporate companies that have the means and clout to provide FREE parking.....

Sad world we live in....when I first started to drive you could drive and park where you wanted when you wanted, how times have changed, you only have to venture outside your home these days and someone will want something from you. ;)

HOLA4424

Hey Mick .. its all going to the public sector and your pensions need it man !!

HOLA4425

This 'ambush' parking enforcement is nasty, all about revenue, implemented by commissioned petty officials. Evening and weekends are no longer excluded, even where traffic 'congestion' is not a problem.

There was a time when going to town and parking wasn't an issue, and guess what, towns thrived. Now we worry or expect to be ripped off - 'mistakes' are costly.

It is very short-sighted, yet they carry on pissing people off. And fail to think through the consequences of these policies.

It does seem to mirror the cultural contempt that officialdom has. Politicians lie; more and more inventive ways are thought up to take money off people. Ordinary people are 'criminalised'.

The proposed on-the-spot fines by the police are a concern. A one man judge and jury. Justice it isn't. Yet I don't hear a lot of complaints. I mean, what is going on with the opposition? Not a whisper.

Archived