House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

porca misèria

Get Divorced

Some time ago, my brother got wed and started sprogging, in consequence of which I'm now uncle to a brace of teenagers. The oldest has just secured his place to study Maths at Cambridge.

Now in view of the shape of today's means-testing, his best hope is to be assessed as coming from a poor family and get the full grant. His mother's income is AIUI low enough to qualify for that, while his father's is a bit higher.

So, the best way to fund him - and very probably his siblings in the not-too-distant - through uni is to get them assessed on the lower income.

Plan ahead! Divorce for profit!

Some time ago, my brother got wed and started sprogging, in consequence of which I'm now uncle to three teenagers. The oldest has just secured his place to study Maths at Cambridge.

Now in view of the shape of today's means-testing, his best hope is to be assessed as coming from a poor family and get the full grant. His mother's income is AIUI low enough to qualify for that, while his father's is a bit higher.

So, the best way to fund him - and very probably his siblings in the not-too-distant - through uni is to get them assessed on the lower income.

Or move up to Scotland where its free.

Some time ago, my brother got wed and started sprogging, in consequence of which I'm now uncle to a brace of teenagers. The oldest has just secured his place to study Maths at Cambridge.

Or don't bother to to get married, get parental responsibility instead. ;)

Guest anorthosite
Or move up to Scotland where its free.

Or demand that it be free in England - there's no reason for it not to be.

It all smacks of classic cult/brainwashing.

First remove independent thought and religious freedom, then control the money supply, single out individuals, then go after the family unit.

There you have it. Once a family working for themselves, now a bunch of individuals all working towards the same end.

You can spend a lot of time educating yourself on this site: http://www.rickross.com/

First remove independent thought and religious freedom, then control the money supply, single out individuals, then go after the family unit.

There you have it. Once a family working for themselves, now a bunch of individuals all working towards the same end.

You can spend a lot of time educating yourself on this site: http://www.rickross.com/

I completely agree, our children were regularly told it's OK to tell on your parents (and here's the telephone number of childline/parentline) if you feel something in your house/family isn't the same as other peoples or as described at school, all in the name of child protection you understand.

I am a teacher.

School already does this. School becomes parent and begins to undermine parent for control. Teachers are mostly conservative in opinion, under the spell of media, and so can occasionally be used to present shite like Al Gore's Inconvenient Truth (ergo man made global warming) as fact. The anniversary of terror attacks can serve as vehicles for rememberance and reinforcement of official narratives of world events like 911 i.e. it was them muslims who did it. Then some take little Johnny's finger prints for use in biometric systems to use the library or free school meals..... school is state. State is parent. Parent is worker.

I am a teacher.

School already does this. School becomes parent and begins to undermine parent for control. Teachers are mostly conservative in opinion, under the spell of media, and so can occasionally be used to present shite like Al Gore's Inconvenient Truth (ergo man made global warming) as fact. The anniversary of terror attacks can serve as vehicles for rememberance and reinforcement of official narratives of world events like 911 i.e. it was them muslims who did it. Then some take little Johnny's finger prints for use in biometric systems to use the library or free school meals..... school is state. State is parent. Parent is worker.

My kids refused to give up their fingerprints to obtain their school lunch. ;)

Interestingly, even if you decide never to marry or to have children your brother having sprogs now means that they are legally entitled to make a claim on your estate in the event of your death.

Interestingly, even if you decide never to marry or to have children your brother having sprogs now means that they are legally entitled to make a claim on your estate in the event of your death.

No! :huh:

Better spend it!

I am a teacher.

Two very wise posts.

On the marriage front, if you can get a divorce and still live together and be better off, I would go for it. A marriage and a divorce are just pieces of paper. The emotional aspect cannot be granted by the state, or taken away by it.

Guest X-QUORK
On the marriage front, if you can get a divorce and still live together and be better off, I would go for it. A marriage and a divorce are just pieces of paper. The emotional aspect cannot be granted by the state, or taken away by it.

Inheritance tax would be an issue.

If your nephew decides to get married\have kids, the SLC will regard him as independent regardless of whether he's supported himself for 3 years or not, etc etc.