House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Britain's Youngest Bridegroom... Married Just Days After 16th Birthday

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...h-birthday.html

He may be too young to drive, drink alcohol or vote, but 16-year-old Leslie Coneley is old enough to wed his childhood sweetheart.

The teenager has become Britain's youngest groom after marrying just 18 days after his 16th birthday.

Leslie married long term girlfriend Bonnie Buckland, 17, at a lavish ceremony in Swindon, Wiltshire on August 7.

No expenses were spared at the wedding, which saw Bonnie arrive in a white horse-drawn carriage wearing a £1,800 dress.

After a ceremony at Christ Church in Old Town, the couple held a reception for 450 guests at the the Hilton in Swindon, which was paid for by their families.

Leslie told the Daily Mirror: 'All my mates are a long way from settling down. But there are people who get married at 40 and end up divorced, so why can't there be people who get married at 16 and stay together for life?

'So what if I'm Britain's youngest groom? Age is just a number.

'I don't think I'll be missing out on anything. If anything, growing up will be even more special because Bonnie and I will be able to share all our experiences.'

Leslie started dating Bonnie when he was 12, and the couple now live together in a room at the home of the bride's brother Paul.

Bonnie has given up her job as a nail technician so that she can be a traditional housewife.

I wish them all the best and hope it lasts, some childhood sweethearts do stay together. However in todays fickle world the stats are against them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...h-birthday.html

I wish them all the best and hope it lasts, some childhood sweethearts do stay together. However in todays fickle world the stats are against them.

How much did the wedding cost?