House Price Crash Forum

Boob Op Callie's Blown The Lott

cashinmattress

HOLA441

Boob op Callie's blown the Lott

TEENAGE Lotto winner Callie Rogers is facing bankruptcy - after blowing every penny on boob jobs, boyfriends, booze and buying-sprees.

Callie, now 22, who scooped £1.9 million when she was 16, is now skint, single and living with her mum in a tiny two-up two-down.

She is locked in a custody battle over one of her two kids - and has attempted to take her life for a SECOND time.

Pretty Callie - a £3.60-an-hour shelf stacker when she won the dosh - has now taken on THREE cleaning jobs to make ends meet.

But despite everything she is GLAD her money has gone.

She told a pal last week: "It's brought me nothing but unhappiness. It's ruined my life.

"I've just wanted to make people happy by spending money on them - but it hasn't made ME happy. It has just made me anxious that people are only after me for my money.

"My life is a shambles, and hopefully now it has all gone I can find some happiness."

Now broke and alone, she is driving a £2,000 second-hand VW Golf and has put her home in High Harrington, Cumbria, up for sale at a cut-price £180,000.

If it isn't sold soon, Callie - who was spotted with a binbag outside her mum's house last week - faces being made bankrupt because she cannot pay a £3,000 solicitors' bill.

But her pal told us: "Now there's no money left, at least people will accept her for what she is and not what she has got.

Callie - now mum to a son, four and a girl aged one - became the second youngest Brit to win the top lottery prize in 2003. The youngest, Belfast schoolgirl Tracey Makin, wisely invested most of her £1million in 1998.

But troubled Callie, who'd been in care and dropped out of school, went on a dizzying spending spree. She bought and furnished four homes for herself, her mum, dad and gran. And she splurged £200,000 on luxury holidays with relatives and pals.

Around £190,000 went on gifts and unpaid "loans" to loved ones.

Two boob jobs boosted her 34C curves first to a DD then an F cup - and cost £13,000 in total. And she spent £115,000 on luxury cars plus £250,000 on parties and enjoying the high life.

But a vast chunk went on a string of sponging boyfriends.

How Lotto winner Callie blew the lot

At the time of the win, Callie was dating Gary Fidler, 25. He quit his timber-yard job, lived off the £200-a-day "wage" Callie paid him and blew cash meant for furniture on booze benders.

Callie's next love, Simon Winthorpe, was given a £7,000 car and £3,000 to be her chauffeur. Two weeks later he vanished - with the motor.

Then there was unemployed factory hand Nicky Lawson. Callie bought him a £15,000 sports car and they got engaged.

But she went on to accuse him of stealing £53,000, dumped him but dropped the allegation and discovered she was pregnant.

They got back together before their son was born - only for Lawson to get arrested for fighting. Amid escalating rows with her family, and battling depression, Callie overdosed on 60 pills.

Then in 2007 she gave birth to Lawson's daughter - only to discover two months later he had been bedding her sister.

She dumped him again, had a fling with trucker Joseph Galleen then took Lawson back briefly. He is currently fighting for custody of their daughter - and was granted a temporary residence order last week, which means the little girl is living with him.

Callie's last relationship was with Ryan Thompson but he was arrested last December for dealing cocaine and having a stun gun - then jailed for two years.

Shortly before the arrest she slashed her wrists and was found in a pool of blood by Ryan, who rushed her to hospital. Afterwards she had counselling.

Her pal said last night: "She might be broke now but she can't be any more unhappy than when she had loads in the bank."

Scummy, stupid chavs.

That's the way of the lottery though, wrapped up nicely in that disgusting human drama piece.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/46556...lie-Rogers.html

TEENAGE Lotto winner Callie Rogers is facing bankruptcy - after blowing every penny on boob jobs, boyfriends, booze and buying-sprees.

Callie, now 22, who scooped £1.9 million when she was 16, is now skint, single and living with her mum in a tiny two-up two-down.

She is locked in a custody battle over one of her two kids - and has attempted to take her life for a SECOND time.

Pretty Callie - a £3.60-an-hour shelf stacker when she won the dosh - has now taken on THREE cleaning jobs to make ends meet.

But despite everything she is GLAD her money has gone.

She told a pal last week: "It's brought me nothing but unhappiness. It's ruined my life.

"I've just wanted to make people happy by spending money on them - but it hasn't made ME happy. It has just made me anxious that people are only after me for my money.

"My life is a shambles, and hopefully now it has all gone I can find some happiness."

Now broke and alone, she is driving a £2,000 second-hand VW Golf and has put her home in High Harrington, Cumbria, up for sale at a cut-price £180,000.

If it isn't sold soon, Callie - who was spotted with a binbag outside her mum's house last week - faces being made bankrupt because she cannot pay a £3,000 solicitors' bill.

So from being set up for life she's blown it in 6 years. At her rate of spending I'm surprised Brown hasn't snapped her up for the Treasury.

I thought the lottery gave advice to people on how to cope?

Spelling

HOLA448

So from being set up for life she's blown it in 6 years. At here rate of spending I'm surprised Brown hasn't snapped her up for the Treasury.

So 2 million would give you around 70-80 k per year. Take off your tax and that leaves you 40k per year for doing fu(k all. Maybe splash out on a nice house and nice car. How the heck do you spend the rest? Idiotic

HOLA449

So from being set up for life she's blown it in 6 years. At here rate of spending I'm surprised Brown hasn't snapped her up for the Treasury.

She should have stood for Parliament, that's just a moderate expense claim.

If somebody has a big win then somebody from RBS turns up to offer financial advice; and quite often open a bank account as a surprising number of people don't have them.

However they cannot be forced to take this advice and when the publicity happens the vultures descend, especially when they sense a patsy.

It's a stupid amount of money to win at 16; it would have turned my head at that age when it was rare if I had as much as £20 at any time.

There really should be a hgher age limit. Most people would handle it a lot better at 25 so that's the limit I'd apply.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Guest happy?

I can't help thinking your vitriol is misplaced; this girl seems to have lost money at a much slower pace than say an RBS or Lehmans, she did so despite all the disadvantages of a poor education and unlike say Adam Applegarth or Fred the Shred has cost me nothing. Perhaps she should be appointed to the MPC.

HOLA4413
Guest tbatst2000
has now taken on THREE cleaning jobs to make ends meet.

Good for her, at least she doesn't seem to be expecting anyone else to bail her out.

HOLA4414
I can't help thinking your vitriol is misplaced; this girl seems to have lost money at a much slower pace than say an RBS or Lehmans, she did so despite all the disadvantages of a poor education and unlike say Adam Applegarth or Fred the Shred has cost me nothing. Perhaps she should be appointed to the MPC.

Vitriol?? For saying she's blown £2m in 6 years? I would hardly say that's being savage.

As noted above she's got several jobs so she's getting on with it, but she could have had a far more comfortable life if she hadn't gone on a huge bender.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Very sad story. I assume she ignored any investment advice given by the National Lottery financial people. At 16, with a win of £1.9m she could have lived a fairly comfortable, if unremarkable, life.

Fairly?

Fairly?!?!?!!?

<faints>

HOLA4418
Vitriol?? For saying she's blown £2m in 6 years? I would hardly say that's being savage.

Don't concern yourself, pal. Mr. Happy there likes to draw his own (usually illogical) conclusions from member posts then argue against them.

Basically he's not very bright.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
So 2 million would give you around 70-80 k per year. Take off your tax and that leaves you 40k per year for doing fu(k all. Maybe splash out on a nice house and nice car. How the heck do you spend the rest? Idiotic

The problem is interest rates are naff all even on balances of 1M at the moment -so even if she's not spent it she'd be getting jackshit in interest. And having to have loads of bank accounts to protect it all (Are there enough banks in the UK now?)

HOLA4421
She should have stood for Parliament, that's just a moderate expense claim.

If somebody has a big win then somebody from RBS turns up to offer financial advice; and quite often open a bank account as a surprising number of people don't have them.

However they cannot be forced to take this advice and when the publicity happens the vultures descend, especially when they sense a patsy.

It's a stupid amount of money to win at 16; it would have turned my head at that age when it was rare if I had as much as £20 at any time.

There really should be a hgher age limit. Most people would handle it a lot better at 25 so that's the limit I'd apply.

It should be 18 like any other gambling and it should also not pay out to anyone with a criminal record as per who wants to be a millionaires rules, there's a convicted rapist sat in jail with a couple of million to look forward to upon his release, disgraceful.

HOLA4422
No, but people like that fail to understand why telling everybody is not a good idea so that's who you get to hear about.

True. I can't really believe how people agree to be photographed and named in papers, when there are heaps of stories in papers telling of all the begging letters etc.

Also, people don't find out who owns for instance six car dealerships and is loaded and send them begging letters. Because they know they'll tell em to go jump. If you didn't tell anybody but some people twigged on, you still wouldn't get many begging letters.

The problem is interest rates are naff all even on balances of 1M at the moment -so even if she's not spent it she'd be getting jackshit in interest. And having to have loads of bank accounts to protect it all (Are there enough banks in the UK now?)

So she should have bought shares, or even houses six years ago.

HOLA4423

Couple of million? Pah, doesn't even scratch the surface of those UBER chavs Goodwin, Applegarth, Hornby, Black..........they were educated, la creme de la creme and they p1ssed tens of BILLIONS up the wall.

Who gives a fig about a teenager with a troubled background?

Keep your eye on the ball rather than the misdirection of the criminal Bankster CHAVS.

HOLA4424
Fairly?

Fairly?!?!?!!?

<faints>

Well she couldnt live a millionaires lifestyle on it. I estimate after buying a modest house she could have had an income around £30,000 a year leaving a little interest to offset inflation. So yep, a fairly modest lifestyle

HOLA4425

Archived