House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Svenne

Glasgow: Ifa & Solicitor

Greetings all,

Having just arrived from Sweden and already looking fast and furious for a flat to buy in Glasgow, I would really appreciate some suggestions as to a good IFA to help me navigate through the maze of mortgage options and also a top-notch solicitor. It can be a bit daunting to know where to begin when local contacts are very, very few....

Thanks!

Svenne

Greetings all,

Having just arrived from Sweden and already looking fast and furious for a flat to buy in Glasgow, I would really appreciate some suggestions as to a good IFA to help me navigate through the maze of mortgage options and also a top-notch solicitor. It can be a bit daunting to know where to begin when local contacts are very, very few....

Thanks!

Svenne

Recommend you rent for a while till you know where you want to live. What's the rush to buy?

"Good IFA" - is that an attempt at Swedish humour?

Hi Svenne,

I agree with Pyracantha - take your time, what's the rush?

Average prices in Glasgow are indeed relatively and, perhaps, alluringly low at the moment - but take a look at the attached graph and you might draw your own cautionary conclusions about price trajectories and seasonality.

Picture_1.png.png

Source: Registers of Scotland

RoS Quarterly data is here, and goes into some depth about property type and location.

Welcome to Scotland and welcome to Glasgow. "No mean city."

post-14504-1251029615_thumb.png

Hi Svenne, I am currently using and cannot recommend him highly enough, he works for ;

I was going through the buying process and we were dealing with a very difficult seller, I won't go into details but he dealt with it very well, provided excellent advice etc, eventually we pulled out on his advice and it turned out to be very good advice.

When I was looking for a solicitor I initially called about 7 or 8 and spoke to many and he impressed me the most, very sharp, if you need someone give him a call. Actually very competitive price wise also.

PB

MOD EDIT : SORRY NO BUSINESS DETAILS ALLOWED ON THE FORUM

Edited by doccyboy

Hi Svenne,

I agree with Pyracantha - take your time, what's the rush?

Average prices in Glasgow are indeed relatively and, perhaps, alluringly low at the moment - but take a look at the attached graph and you might draw your own cautionary conclusions about price trajectories and seasonality.

Picture_1.png.png

Source: Registers of Scotland

RoS Quarterly data is here, and goes into some depth about property type and location.

Welcome to Scotland and welcome to Glasgow. "No mean city."

Thanks for the data and the thoughts. It's not so much that there's a rush, just more of wanting to make sure that I have access to the right people and the right information when the right property does appear. We don't use solicitors in Sweden for purchasing property, so it feels like I need to talk to some and get a sense of how they can contribute to the process beyond their formal role. As for an IFA -- well, I could just be a skeptic, but I suspect that mortgage advisers connected to the EAs may not exactly be on my side. Then again, neither would an IFA who worked on commission....

Big thanks for the welcome. It feels good to be here.