House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

The Inexorable Rise Of Banter

Every time you turn on the radio or tv, people are 'bantering'.

Invariably individuals who are completely unarmed when it comes to a battle of wits.

Why is every conversation these days interlarded with inane attempts at humour?

What happened to the simple exchange of facts or information?

Frankly, I've had enough of it.

Guest theboltonfury

Invariably individuals who are completely unarmed when it comes to a battle of wits.

Bring back Call My Bluff

:lol:

There is seemingly nothing which cannot be moaned about in a "why oh why" fashion on this forum.

Has this all pervading banter motivated you to leave this country as it's going to the dogs? That seems to be the natural corollary following statements like that.

;)

Guest theboltonfury
:lol: Your clarion call goes well with your avatar. Actually Call My Bluff is back on a week on Thursday.

Who's the host? It was Bob Holness last time I think.

I reckon they make those words up.

Guest theboltonfury
I'm sorry. I feel guilty now. :(

As you should. It would have provided a viable alternative to Loose Women.

Guest Skinty

One of the bus drivers listens to Radio One when I travel to work in the morning. The 'banter' is woeful. I don't know why they bother. The presenters don't even have any chemistry as far as I can tell.

The music is also completely commercial and formulaic.

One of the bus drivers listens to Radio One when I travel to work in the morning. The 'banter' is woeful. I don't know why they bother.

Disgraceful.

I would tell this oaf to turn the radio off, and concentrate on the safety of his passengers. Let him listen to the wit and wisdom of 'Diddy' David Hamilton and his ilk in his own time.

Guest X-QUORK

The banterfest reaches a climax on BBC1 on Sunday mornings with the bile-inducing Something For The Weekend...Jesus wept, just realised even its title is derived from cheeky banter. An hour or so of inane, post-modern drivel spewing forth in one massive banter ejaculation.

Oh, they're cool, so f**king cool and laid back, laid back and chilled, chilling out and bantering with you, their buddy, watching your cool bantering mates on the telly, bantering.

One of the bus drivers listens to Radio One when I travel to work in the morning. The 'banter' is woeful. I don't know why they bother. The presenters don't even have any chemistry as far as I can tell.

The music is also completely commercial and formulaic.

6 music is way better.

Wow, something on the BBC I actually appreciate.

The banterfest reaches a climax on BBC1 on Sunday mornings with the bile-inducing Something For The Weekend...Jesus wept, just realised even its title is derived from cheeky banter. An hour or so of inane, post-modern drivel spewing forth in one massive banter ejaculation.

Oh, they're cool, so f**king cool and laid back, laid back and chilled, chilling out and bantering with you, their buddy, watching your cool bantering mates on the telly, bantering.

'Bantering' with anyone who does not wish to take part in this peurile activity should be made a criminal offence, with or without the intermediary of a wireless.