House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bob Loblaw

Tandarei: The Faraway Town Fat On Uk Benefit Fraud

An estimated £1 billion a year is defrauded from the benefits and tax credits system, with tens of millions of pounds lost to organised crime. While some fraud is inevitable, there is mounting concern about the high proportion of fraudulent claims orchestrated by traffickers which are being rubber-stamped after only the most basic checks.

Some of the suspects behind this fraud can be traced to Tandarei, a town of 15,000 people in eastern Romania which includes a 2,000-strong Roma gypsy population. Over the past five years, previously rundown neighbourhoods have inexplicably prospered.

The minor economic boom has seen 100 imposing new homes built, valued at about £20m. BMWs and Land Rovers with British numberplates cruise the dusty streets.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/c...icle6806484.ece

The crime is relatively risk-free and relies on a simple formula: the more people the gang trafficks, the more benefits they get.

Not really a problem though. Just up my tax a bit more, cant have Romanian gypsies going without can we.

Edited by fossildog

Some of these poor people were on the news a few weeks ago. It was reported as a vile racist attack by Northern Irish people who were less than pleased with their new neighbours.

Not really a problem though. Just up my tax a bit more, cant have Romanian gypsies going without can we.

I wonder if this is what Labour means by spreading wealth to the 3rd world?

I have to say I stopped buying the big issue when every (and I mean EVERY) seller I now meet is Romanain/Bulgarian.

I mean I thought the paper was set up to help the homeless by giving them paying jobs? Where are the guys that used to sell the paper? Are they no longer homeless? Were they EVER homeless??

I have a feeling I'm getting lied to from all quarters these days :angry:

I wonder if this is what Labour means by spreading wealth to the 3rd world?

I have to say I stopped buying the big issue when every (and I mean EVERY) seller I now meet is Romanain/Bulgarian.

I mean I thought the paper was set up to help the homeless by giving them paying jobs? Where are the guys that used to sell the paper? Are they no longer homeless? Were they EVER homeless??

I have a feeling I'm getting lied to from all quarters these days :angry:

regarding the big issue, a good few years ago a big issue seller was murdered for his £60,000 savings!!!!

Certainly enough for a deposit on a flat.

All the child benefit going to Poland too!

ps love that cat

Why single out Romanian gypsies? They do less harm to us than the malign folk from Jesusland.

regarding the big issue, a good few years ago a big issue seller was murdered for his £60,000 savings!!!!

One I knew wasn't homeless. Told me none of them were.

He was making £400 a day in Manchester.

One I knew wasn't homeless. Told me none of them were.

He was making £400 a day in Manchester.

Oooooh, where can I apply? Is it taxable?

In an operation in northeast London on August 11 involving Romanian officers and lawyers, police visited 24 addresses and identified 20 children believed to have been trafficked. They found individual backdated payments for benefits ranging from £14,000 to £24,000, with suspected fraudulent claims totalling £100,000.

FFS

and..

In one of the few prosecutions to date, Peace Sandberg, a housing official in London, was jailed for 26 months last year for illegally bringing a child into the country. Sandberg paid more than £300 for a three-month-old baby from overseas so she could get priority housing.

What we have always suspected and told we were wrong by New Liebour. And I bet thats just a tiny little tip of the iceberg. The entire Labour Government should be shot for this.

Some of these poor people were on the news a few weeks ago. It was reported as a vile racist attack by Northern Irish people who were less than pleased with their new neighbours.

Apparently we will be the first country on earth where the 'indigenous' population becomes a minority 'voluntarily'

At least the Aborigines/red indians/etc got a chance to protect theyre territory, even if they failed! Try it here and youre locked away.

I do like benefit arbitrage. Paying people more than the minimum wage to do nothing was going to become unsustainable eventually. The more scroungers come from elsewhere in the EU, the sooner a solution will have to be found.

It does mean a race to the bottom, but maybe benefits set at a level that could fund the usual living standard of a Romanian Roma will be just the thing to get workshy chavs into employment (since we are talking a living standard that does not involve scrouging in a wealthier country).

Oooooh, where can I apply? Is it taxable?

Yes.

Office on Oldham Road in Manchester.

At the top end away from town.

Don't know....

Implies not

— The magazine, produced by professional journalists, is sold to more than 2,500 vendors at 70p a copy. They sell it on at £1.50, keeping the difference as their earnings

The magazine now sells 146,000 copies in the UK, according to the latest figures. “Last year Big Issue vendors earned — rather than begged or stole — £8 million.â€

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle6134657.ece

Yes.

Office on Oldham Road in Manchester.

At the top end away from town.

Don't know....

Implies not

— The magazine, produced by professional journalists, is sold to more than 2,500 vendors at 70p a copy. They sell it on at £1.50, keeping the difference as their earnings

The magazine now sells 146,000 copies in the UK, according to the latest figures. “Last year Big Issue vendors earned — rather than begged or stole — £8 million.â€

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle6134657.ece

Well, if you do your maths, that means that the average they earned was less than £3,200 in a year. Would you like to try living on that?

Well here goes......... I expect I'll be lambasted for this.... but what the heck !

Bring back all the troops from Afghanistan, deploy them on our own borders. this should minimise the risk of terrrorism from overseas. and stop illlegal immigration

Immediately Repatriate all illegal immigrants, no appeals etc

Halt inward economic migration, except for highly skilled workers or entrepreneurs.

Reinstate capital punishment for murder. Hard labor for other serious crimes.

No benefits unless you contribute to society by working for the local community - no excuses - everybody can do something quantifiable.

This would solve our housing crisis and keep house prices down by stunting demand.

This would ease the country's finances by reducing benefit payments.

This wwould make the chavs and yobs think twice about stabbing someone, if they knew one of their mates had taken a long drop on a short rope.

I could go on.......... I'm so bloody exasperated at the parlous state of this nation it's turning me to the far right.

ajax

so all big issue sellers are loaded? or even have enough cash not to have to beg on the streets.....maybe the guy had just got a claim sorted ect ect... no one sells the big issue because they are rich...

Or our own born and bred, and uneducated, chav masses.

The story is about Romanian Gypsies, not about our 'home grown chavs'. I dont think anyone denies we have issues with some British people being benefit scroungers. The answer though is not to allow even more benefit scroungers in. We are just adding to the problem.

Will be interesting to see how 'right wing' the British people turn when we are scrapping over the last loaf of bread in the supermarket and people are deciding if they should buy food or heat the house.

so all big issue sellers are loaded? or even have enough cash not to have to beg on the streets.....maybe the guy had just got a claim sorted ect ect... no one sells the big issue because they are rich...

I did not say all big issue sellers are loaded, I did state what actually happened, and it was not due to a claim being sorted, he had saved £60,000 from selling the big issue, sorry my friend but they were the facts.

Well here goes......... I expect I'll be lambasted for this.... but what the heck !

Bring back all the troops from Afghanistan, deploy them on our own borders. this should minimise the risk of terrrorism from overseas. and stop illlegal immigration

Immediately Repatriate all illegal immigrants, no appeals etc

Halt inward economic migration, except for highly skilled workers or entrepreneurs.

Reinstate capital punishment for murder. Hard labor for other serious crimes.

No benefits unless you contribute to society by working for the local community - no excuses - everybody can do something quantifiable.

This would solve our housing crisis and keep house prices down by stunting demand.

This would ease the country's finances by reducing benefit payments.

This wwould make the chavs and yobs think twice about stabbing someone, if they knew one of their mates had taken a long drop on a short rope.

I could go on.......... I'm so bloody exasperated at the parlous state of this nation it's turning me to the far right.

ajax

HAH!

"Bring back all the troops from Afghanistan"

Screeching From the Middle Class Armchair 'Dick-brains' on HPC >

"Common CHAVS are the brunt of all our problems"

95% of the Blitish army are RECRUITED from the so-called "CHAV" classes!

Ever stopped and worked that out?

You are protected by trained "Chavs" who die for you - whose cousins and brothers you mock!

I did not say all big issue sellers are loaded, I did state what actually happened, and it was not due to a claim being sorted, he had saved £60,000 from selling the big issue, sorry my friend but they were the facts.

so you are saying he has sold about 100 thousand big issues?