House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eric pebble

Property Developer Commits Suicide: A Very, Very Sad

Property Developer commits suicide: A very, very sad story. But very indicative of out times, imho. We are reading/seeing more stories like this. But what is so sad is that SO MANY PEOPLE think/thought that they could just go on and on and on "making millions" via property...... There is/has been SO MUCH delusion and foolishness out there in the last 10+ years. There should be more media focus on the DOWNSIDE of all this crap imho.... But of course - the media CONTINUES to peddle the LIE that you will ALWAYS "make money" with property....... :angry:

My fiance committed suicide weeks before our wedding after credit crunch caused collapse of his firm

To the outside world, Mark had everything to live for. He was a handsome 36-year-old property developer, popular with his friends. We were deeply in love, about to get married and shared a £1.7 million London house that Mark had bought for us to renovate.

But behind the scenes I knew that he was depressed. His business was collapsing. He had a huge portfolio of London properties once worth millions on paper but, with the credit crunch looming, he was unable to sell them. He was mortgaged to the hilt and facing financial ruin.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/articl...l#ixzz0OxhLFIPV

THIS IS THE REALITY out there -- but they DON'T want the general public to know about/see this side of things.........

I bet he swaned round doing bugger all work in Audi Q7 or RR or Merc Or a BMW............Laughing @ the "Little People".

Mike

I bet he swaned round doing bugger all work in Audi Q7 or RR or Merc Or a BMW............Laughing @ the "Little People".

Mike

I favour the Range Rover for its superior 'out of my way peasants' driving position.

________

An article about a tragedy where the house price features with incongruous prominence. Oo look, it's from The Mail.

Mike

I'm not sure that he did. He was just one of many people in a particular mindset......where the thing of PARAMOUNT importance was to be "successful" --- and "in property"........... This is a parable of our times. Many, many people of all types have been brainwashed into thinking that "success", money, and being "in property" is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing in life............ Look at all those tv progs, media articles............

It is deeply sickening. I have found all this very disturbing for a long, long time.

DO WE HEAR/SEE/HEAR about the stories of people like this - DEEPLY indebted, beyond saving?

Hardly. Apparently house prices are going "back up" now, and everything is rosy.... There's a "recovery"....

A "recovery" to WHAT? Do we WANT a "recovery" back to this terrible, destructive, odious way of life?

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO BE TOLD THE TRUTH -- IT WAS ALL A MASSIVE PYRAMID SELLING SCAM - FUELLED BY MORTGAGE FRAUD AND LIAR LOANS? WHEN IS THE MEDIA GOING TO FINALLY TELL US ALL THIS?

[Never, of course.]

I got bets going with JUST how long it will take for the VAST "Fleets" of BMW/Merc/Audi to get replaced by Chevy Cruze & Toyota Prius...............2 years i think.

Notice the + 20 YES TWENTY!....Pages of ads in Autocar this week for Merc tells me we are well on our way!

The CO2 tax will kill off the Evo & Scooby market as well, just wait till some bugger finds his "bargin" Ford St Focus will cost him £435 a year in Road Tax !

In 3 years all the scum will be back behind shi*y little 100 BHP Rep mo-viles.

Mike

I thought this bit was kinda spooky considering

Mark and I had met on a blind date in 2005, and from the beginning our relationship just seemed to make sense. My parents had separated when I was eight, then, when I was 14, my mother died of leukaemia at only 42; a year later my older sister Louise had a horrific car crash at 19, suffering brain injuries from which she has struggled to recover. I had always had a fear of abandonment – a fear that the people I loved were not going to stick around.

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
I thought this bit was kinda spooky considering

Good God, man, she's been killing people all her life!

Chasing money is an empty existence. Feel sorry for the fiance.

Quite right.

All the greatest figures in history are remembered for the contribution they made to society.

Mike

In the article picture it looks like a Toyota Landcruiser

shame.

ANOTHER schroedingers Fat Cat revealed. a multi millionaire at the same time penniless.

only this one was DEAD when the box was opened.

Debt can look very much like wealth.

shame.

ANOTHER schroedingers Fat Cat revealed. a multi millionaire at the same time penniless.

only this one was DEAD when the box was opened.

Debt can look very much like wealth.

Indeed. Just another of the long list that remain to be revealed.

there is nothing more depressing than a cocker spaniel with a full length tail. looks odd.

Mark was a greedy ****. Doesn't deserve to die for that reason of course. However that was his decision to take, and he did.

Sad story - but that doesn't change the central fact. Mark was a greedy ****. If he hadn't been a greedy **** he would most likely be living today a very comfortable pleasant existence.

Maybe not the most PC thing to say. However im my opinion - totally true.

Greed killed him.

Mark was a greedy ****. Doesn't deserve to die for that reason of course. However that was his decision to take, and he did.

Sad story - but that doesn't change the central fact. Mark was a greedy ****. If he hadn't been a greedy **** he would most likely be living today a very comfortable pleasant existence.

Maybe not the most PC thing to say. However im my opinion - totally true.

Greed killed him.

I agree entirely.

Anyone who works hard to build up a business and try to make something of their lives deserves to be dealt a rough hand. He got what he deserved in my opinion.

Nanny looks after us all very well, during both good and bad times, its important not to stray from the crowd.

I also think people who invest in an education so they can earn a good living are also the scum of the earth. The best people in this world can be found sitting in the corner of a bar, snorting coke and kicking the shite out of their missus and kids when they get home.......real men.

There's always a way out - suicide is not one of them.

Grant Bovey, Donald Trump, Neil Morrissey and many others have gone bust, and start again.

Think, of starting Ltd companies, Offshore accounts, gold,fine art, diamonds, transfering assets to others etc.

Have control, but nothing in your name.

Guest KingCharles1st

Thanks for the heads up Eric-

Pulling the positives- he didn't leave any kids- so they won't be affected thank god.

Also, there is the fact that errrrr........ uuuummmm...... :unsure: eeerrrrrrrrrrr ........uuummmmmm.... :(:unsure:

(shrug)

There's always a way out - suicide is not one of them.

Grant Bovey, Donald Trump, Neil Morrissey and many others have gone bust, and start again.

Think, of starting Ltd companies, Offshore accounts, gold,fine art, diamonds, transfering assets to others etc.

Have control, but nothing in your name.

this is the bad part of the recession. People with delicate egos build up a life that is supported by a boom. his was property. He built himself up in his own mind that he WAS what you saw...the big house, the portfolio, the car, the trophy wife.

She did too.

I bet they had row after row....how could she face the "girls". How could he live with the "boys" sniggering behind his back.

How many "friends " would they have kept.

and worse...how many real friends had he left behind...

the old saying is true, the larger they are, the harder they fall.

Its sad, but we will see many suicides in the coming months....not many bankers though.