House Price Crash Forum
athom

Britain Fast Becoming A Nation Of Bitter Cynics

It's the watch video phone, you know off the saucepan ad

As a kid it epitomised the heights technology might reach. And now it's here. I give you the video wrist phone, ta da

article-0-06218ACE000005DC-156_468x345.jpg

And what is the response from the Daily Mail readers?

im not going to buy a phone that is £500 and dosent even have web browsing and why is it limited time only its not ground breaking futureistic its not even futureistic when i see a mobile watch phone with i phone capibilities then i will spend the £££££ no need at the moment during teh reccession

- oober, nottingham, 22/8/2009 13:29

Wrist Phones Great .Had mine fo about a year .Cost £60.00 .Unlocked

usual mp3 .mp4 .Touch Screen etc .China Import..

- Mike Eade, Brighton Sussex, 22/8/2009 9:18

orange used to be great decent tariff's and customer service lines that were actually manned by people in the UK. But then the tarriffs went up and the customer service went down the drain. I left after being with the company for 10 years , it will take more than a bad phone watch type gimmick to win my custom back .

- chris sutch, bristol, 22/8/2009 2:58

Just the thing for car drivers particularly on these boring 70 MPH stretches of motorway.

- Fred, Aberdeenshire, 21/8/2009 22:14

A millions times I heard some advices as keep your phone far from your body due the microwave ,reduce communication as possible for child and now the phone is wedged with arms .Now we'll gonna see if safety is more important in future.

- Olivier, Compiegne,France, 21/8/2009 21:12

What in God's name for?

- hilary, preston, 21/8/2009 17:50

And the crime rate shoots up as people get mugged for it lol

- Charles, London, 21/8/2009 13:50

When are we going to have a toilet that wipes your backside!?

- Bubba, East Cleveland, 21/8/2009 13:30

Are they in league with SpecSavers?. It won't be long before everybody needs glasses due to the miniturisation of mobile phones.

- Dave, Leeds, UK, 21/8/2009 13:22

Funny how this article doesnt mention "battery life"

- P, London UK, 21/8/2009 11:56

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/art...atch-phone.html

You just can't please some people. Or almost everyone these days.

Right.. so not going nuts over a massively expensive for what it is product that for the vast majority of people is pointless with no practical use what so ever is now cynical??

I thought rampant consumerism and pointless bling was bad?

As a kid it epitomised the heights technology might reach. And now it's here.

Well, now you're an adult. Guess what? The future's shit. :P

Well, now you're an adult. Guess what? The future's shit. :P

:lol: well yes

Funny you know on tomorrows world when they said we'd have all those time saving devices they forgot to mention we would have to work our bolloxs off to buy a new version every few years because it broke or became redundant technology etc

I am now subscribing to the idea that the simple life has more to offer. Less is more.

Right.. so not going nuts over a massively expensive for what it is product that for the vast majority of people is pointless with no practical use what so ever is now cynical??

I thought rampant consumerism and pointless bling was bad?

You're quite right. It wasn't just this article but i've noticed so many articles, about all manner of subjects, just get a bitter and cynical response these days. I'm sure not long ago people weren't so vocally cynical

:lol: well yes

Funny you know on tomorrows world when they said we'd have all those time saving devices they forgot to mention we would have to work our bolloxs off to buy a new version every few years because it broke or became redundant technology etc

I am now subscribing to the idea that the simple life has more to offer. Less is more.

I'm still waiting for my holiday on the moon that I was told I would get by 1980!

I don't think we are cynical enough............reality is about to impinge on our collective delusions.............

+1 We still swallow the lies told us by governments about Iraq, Afghanistan, swine flu, the economy etc

Where's my jet pack and 20 hr week.

Raymond Baxter was a lying twit... he can stick his spitfire up his 'arris

As a kid it epitomised the heights technology might reach. And now it's here. I give you the video wrist phone, ta da

article-0-06218ACE000005DC-156_468x345.jpg

And what is the response from the Daily Mail readers?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/art...atch-phone.html

You just can't please some people. Or almost everyone these days.

They can rot in hell, i've been waiting for this day since i first saw inspector gadget.

Wow i'm now happy that i live in the future.

Pills for my next meal, nom nom nom.

Where's my jet pack and 20 hr week.

Raymond Baxter was a lying twit... he can stick his spitfire up his 'arris

You know all this cash for clunkers thing makes me realise how good a horse was, it lasted for 12-15 years similar to a car, it ran on biofuels, pretty advanced for it's time but cars are nearly catching up there, you didn't need to buy another one, you just stick it in a field with a female horse and out comes a brand new horse, and if you were desperate you could always eat it. By comparison cars are rubbish, i want to get back to horses.

Daily Mail readers seem a bit reactionary and not very progressive - didn't see that one coming.

Edited by Soon Not a Chain Retailer

Britain Fast Becoming A Nation Of Bitter Cynics, can't think why
I thought we'd been a nation of bitter cynics for ages. The most cynical people seem to be the 15-25 year-olds and the over 55s.