1929crash

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest anorthosite

Wouldn't it have been nice if he'd warned us all beforehand instead of jumping on the bandwagon afterwards?

HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest anorthosite
It would have been nice, but you're too harsh in your judgements IMO.

Michael Moore is also not someone I'd trust as as a source.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest anorthosite
The way I look at it, Wall Street and the Military-industrial Complex have good publicity machines so we need all the help we can get.

Beggars can't be choosers.

The trouble is, he has such easy targets, yet he has to make stuff up about them. He is no more honest than that he reports on.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
The trouble is, he has such easy targets, yet he has to make stuff up about them. He is no more honest than that he reports on.

The man always goes off on some political tangent, like in Columbine suggesting that workfare programs killed a little girl. Regardless of the thousands (millions?) on workface whose children dont play with guns and dont get shot. Ridiculous 'linkages' like that totally devalue documentary making. And then at the end plays a recording of him outwitting a senile and alzheimers ridden Chalton Heston. Similarly in he picks on some gun nut loser/loner to validate his position. Arent you brainy, Mikey?

I pity the people who are simple enough to fall for Moore's one sided rants. Absolute tools.

HOLA4414
Guest anorthosite
What was fictional in Farenheit 9/11?

There were lots of misrepresentations. GIYF in this case as they're well documented. I think he even admitted it himself.

HOLA4415
And then at the end plays a recording of him outwitting a senile and alzheimers ridden Chalton Heston.

That defence is worse than the accusation!

A senile and alzheimers ridden Charlton Heston who owns various automatic weapons he is not shy about brandishing and is wheeled on stage by the NRA (who elected him as their president until 2003) to represent them? Thats so much worse than anything Moore alleged. And he didn't have Alzehimers, that is something scurrilous George Clooney said about him.

I think the word you are looking for before you started exaggerating for effect is "old" but if you put yourself up for a political office (and the NRA is nothing if not political) you can't really try and weasel out of things like that.

HOLA4416

He has some valid points to make and then he goes and spoils it all by doing just that. People also seem to forget he's more of a Jeremy Beadle type presenter than a serious journalist.

Archived