House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Gaddafi Embraces Lockerbie Bomber As Libya Says His Release Was Linked To Oil Deal

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...htered-270.html

The international furore over the release of the Lockerbie bomber deepened today after he was seen embracing Libyan leader Colonel Gaddafi.

In scenes that will provoke outrage among victims' families and the U.S. government, TV footage showed Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed Al Megrahi meeting Gaddafi in Tripoli.

It came as Gordon Brown faced fresh pressure after shocking claims by Libya that the release of the bomber was linked explicity to trade deals benefiting Britain.

Gaddafi's son Saif al-Islam said Megrahi's case was discussed at every meeting between the then Prime Minister Tony Blair and the Libyan leader.

But the Foreign Office strongly denied any link between the boosting of UK business interests and the freeing of the man convicted of Britain's worst terrorist atrocity.

A spokesman insisted: 'No deal has been made between the UK Government and Libya in relation to Megrahi and any commercial interests.'

Foreign Secretary David Miliband also rejected suggestions that the Government wanted 57-year-old Megrahi released so commercial relations with oil-rich Libya could be improved.

'I really reject that entirely,' he said. 'That is a slur both on myself and the Government.'

More at the link.

Isn't blood money normal in this part of the world?

If this was the case at least be honest about it.

However Brown doesn't understand what that word means.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...htered-270.html

More at the link.

Isn't blood money normal in this part of the world?

If this was the case at least be honest about it.

However Brown doesn't understand what that word means.

Brown's mortal enemies, the SNP, released him. In any event, Al Megharri's as guilty as OJ Simpson was innocent.

Lockerbie:Now it's payback time

Prospect of lucrative trade deals fuels anger at Megrahi's release

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-...me-1775805.html

The Scottish Parliament has been recalled next week and the Scottish Justice Secretary

Kenny MacAskill is expected to come under fierce questioning.

Alex Salmond the SNP First Minister, hinted the political considerations

played a part:"There is no doubt politics came into it - but not from

the Scottish Government."

Mmmm I wonder who then...?

We haven't heard the last of this one........

The man's innocent! But why hasn't this thread been merged?

I don't know the facts of the case enough

to comment

but it sure looks like he's been used as

a political pawn of the highest order

innocent or not

I don't know the facts of the case enough

to comment

but it sure looks like he's been used as

a political pawn of the highest order

innocent or not

Indeed, the "blood money" might turn out to have been paid in the currency of the guy's life -- eight years of it -- part of the price of Libya's return from pariah-statehood. The fact that the compassionate release seems to horse-traded his appeal (which is apparently being dropped) is highly questionable ... compassion and confidence-in-conviction (should) have no relationship in a justice system.

(edit: factual sentence correction)