House Price Crash Forum
AteMoose

Who Raises The Asking Price By 100k

I think the road name gives you a clue to the answer to your question.

I think the real question here is: Who would BUY a house in Twatling Road in the first place?

Edited by ScaredEitherWay

I think the real question here is: Who would BUY a house in Twatling Road in the first place?

a brummie with 1.6 million :P

Was looking at a house in Swansea this week that I have been looking at for 2 years at 180K - now on for 205K. Nuts!

I can only assume they were getting no offers or offers well below the 180!

Someone considerably richer than yowww...

It can work.

A house I was interested in was languishing for ages with an asking price of £500k. Owner would not accept a penny less. They put the asking price up to £545k and it SSTC'd. I am still waiting to see what it actually sold for but I would guess £500k.

Rightmove ...

Property bee:

History

date event

10 June 2009

* Status changed: from 'Sold STC' to 'Not Listed'

09 June 2009

* Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Sold STC'

11 March 2009

* Price changed: from 'Guide Price £500,000' to 'Guide Price £545,000' [Found by n/a]

07 March 2009

* Title changed: Moles End,The The Green,Stadhampton,Oxfordshire [Found by n/a]

05 December 2008

* Subtitle changed: from '4 bedroom detached' to '4 bedroom detached house ' [Found by n/a]

07 November 2008

* Price changed: from 'Guide Price £565,000' to 'Guide Price £500,000' [Found by n/a]

19 July 2008

* Initial entry found. [Found by n/a]

regards

J

22307_MOB4938_IMG_00_0002.JPG

If some asked me how much? I would have said 600K, and it would have been worth 200K 13 years ago... Atleast a million overvalued.

Stick on triangle roof facade and add a couple of pillars around the front door so you can then add 1 million to the asking price. :lol:

Edited by Mammon

People can ask whatever price they like for a property. If someone falls for an overpriced house, the seller is laughing all the way to the bank!

http://www.dezrez.com/DRApp/Search.ASP?WCI...p;WCE=001488022

31 May 2009

* Price changed: from '£989,000' to '£1,100,000'

Have seen a few like this recently. Also all estate agents in the area are talking up the market right now

Two stories below on rising prices and falling numbers of repossession cases going to court

http://www.southportvisiter.co.uk/southpor...01022-24469976/

http://www.southportvisiter.co.uk/southpor...01022-24469975/

So what did it actually sell for?

Its still for sale. and has been for a long time, much longer than the 29 March 2009 date on Rightmove. I would say it has been on the market for around 18 months at least.

Selworthy is a funny road, asking prices went up a lot last year when the golf Open came to Southport. A recent spell of violence and shootings at one of the houses on the road has not put people off asking for such sums. :ph34r:

http://www.southportvisiter.co.uk/southpor...92534-24227462/

Was looking at a house in Swansea this week that I have been looking at for 2 years at 180K - now on for 205K. Nuts!

I can only assume they were getting no offers or offers well below the 180!

If I had a house that had been on the market for 2 years with no action I'd certainly bump the price up by a large chunk amidst the media euphoria at the moment - if you're relying on a fool to buy it in the first place might as well go all out and hope for a REALLY stupid buyer...