House Price Crash Forum

Lord Mandelson Admitted To Hospital For

IMHAL

HOLA441
He hasn't got prostate cancer. It is benign. My husband had the same thing 16 years ago. It did return 10 years later as cancer, tho'.

Sorry Quork-y old chap, but Jess is right. Most of us blokes are going to have some sort of prostate issue involving uncomfortable hospital visits, but that isnt the same as prostate cancer.

So you can guffaw away at Mandelslime without feeling uncomfortable: Save feeling uncomfortable for when the HCP pulls on the rubber glove and asks you to lie face down with your legs apart and yer troosers off.

HOLA442
Guest theboltonfury
Sorry Quork-y old chap, but Jess is right. Most of us blokes are going to have some sort of prostate issue involving uncomfortable hospital visits, but that isnt the same as prostate cancer.

So you can guffaw away at Mandelslime without feeling uncomfortable: Save feeling uncomfortable for when the HCP pulls on the rubber glove and asks you to lie face down with your legs apart and yer troosers off.

Reminds me of a lovely seen in the film Fletch when Chevy Chase utters the immortal line - "say, you using the whole fist there doc?"

HOLA443
HOLA444
The obvious homophobic comments on this thread are somewhat disappointing.

But expected.

Anyone who sets themselves up as a VIP, and becomes far too pompous when everyone knows what political and social climbers they are and grossly oligenous too boot, must expect to suffer jibes, eminating from any social abnormality or something out of the norm.

To expect anything else is not only wholly unrealistic, it flies in the face of reality and once again, smacks of the protypical social re-engineering ambitions of the Lefty PC moronic idiots who quite obviously believe they can change human reality at the stroke of a statute.

Not only is it about time they grew up, I for one am becoming excessively tired of this constant whining drip.

If people don't appreciate that sort of humour then go elsewhere.

www.browniesweekly.com would be an excellent start...............................

:rolleyes:

HOLA445
The obvious homophobic comments on this thread are somewhat disappointing. More to the point am I the only one who has noticed the strong resemblance between Peter Mandelson and the man arrested for the Graff Jewel Heist?

Mandelson goes into "hospital" for operation on a benign tumour on the day a man is helping police with their enquiries. Co-incidence? I think we should be told.

Angus Deayton surely.

HOLA446
HOLA447
Guest X-QUORK
He hasn't got prostate cancer. It is benign. My husband had the same thing 16 years ago. It did return 10 years later as cancer, tho'.

Yes I was aware of that, but I still think it's a bit beyond the pale.

We all have our limits I suppose.

HOLA448
HOLA449
+1

I dislike Mandelson as much as the next man, but having lost relatives to prostate cancer I'm afraid the subject isn't one I find much of a laugh, even if it is **** related.

Sorry to pi$$ on the parade.

+2 I have prostate cancer so I too prefer to treat the subject with a degree of maturity.

I wonder how many on here have prostate cancer but don't yet know since their GP has never had reason to test for it. Historically it has been a big killer of males, albeit a deferred one, with a noticable non-diagnosed population. It could be you ;)

OTOH I'm quite willing to enter a debate about who dislikes Mandelson most. He's not my favourite person.

HOLA4410
Guest Skinty
I hope Mandelslime catches MRSA.

Damn, you beat me to it.

Imagine the scandal! No doubt the hospital is going to be using (extra?) bleach when cleaning their wards rather than just re-use the same dirty cloth.

HOLA4411

AJ

I very much hope your hubbie received good treatment and avoided the unpleasant lower probability side-effects. "I'll be back" seems to be a bit of a thing with C.

HOLA4412
Guest X-QUORK
+2 I have prostate cancer so I too prefer to treat the subject with a degree of maturity.

Sorry to hear that, hope you beat the bugger.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Guest AuntJess
AJ

I very much hope your hubbie received good treatment and avoided the unpleasant lower probability side-effects. "I'll be back" seems to be a bit of a thing with C.

Thanky you for your good wishes. :) I wish likewise for you.

He had radiography: they scorched his bowel with it so he ended up in hospital for 4 weeks, quite poorly. Yes he did beat it, as he's a tough old bugger, altho' he has something else now that he cannot beat. :(

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Guest AuntJess
Yes I was aware of that, but I still think it's a bit beyond the pale.

We all have our limits I suppose.

What am I supposed to have said now?

HOLA4417
Guest theboltonfury
Thank you. I've every reason to feel confident I'm already doing so. :P

How do you know if you have Prostrate Cancer?

What are the signs?

HOLA4418
Thanky you for your good wishes. :) I wish likewise for you.

He had radiography: they scorched his bowel with it so he ended up in hospital for 4 weeks, quite poorly. Yes he did beat it, as he's a tough old bugger, altho' he has something else now that he cannot beat. :(

Very sorry to hear that.

I hope the inevitable indignities will be postponed as much as possible and that you are getting plenty of support. The pressures on a family carer are immense.

HOLA4419
How do you know if you have Prostrate Cancer?

What are the signs?

I'm sure our resident GP's can give a more knowledgable answer, but based on my experience precious few.

If you're, say, approaching 50 and more frequently finding it necessary to get up during the night to piss then a brief mention to your GP is in order. Its probably purely a function of ageing but your GP might run a PSA blood test.

In my case an insurance company spotted there had been a test a while in the past and insisted it should be repeated annually - which was my good fortune because otherwise I had minimal symptoms and the cancer would not have been spotted.

As I understand it PSA leaks out of your prostate - but it leaks faster through cancer cells. So a higher PSA indicates the possibility of cancer. In which case they may go up your ar$e with a probe, poke it through the bowel wall and take a number of samples from the prostate and test them for cancer. (Hopefully if you have it they sample the spot that does have cancer)

Normally its a slow growing cancer and one form of treatment is to do nothing and regularly monitor to see if it suddently decides to take off like a greyhound out of the trap. When the greyhound leaps options include amongst other things going in and cutting out the prostate, frying it from outside, frying it from inside by inserting radioactive pellets.

If you're unlucky, side efects include impotence and incontinence. Which is a good reason for doing nothing and monitoring if you think the thing is going to grow at a snail's pace for the rest of your life.

And that is pretty much it in outline.

Edit: Your wife will inevitably worry like hell, particularly at the idea of knowing you have cancer inside you but doing nothing about it. She is not being hysterical, there is always the chance a cancer cell will float off and lodge somewhere else. Its a balance of probabilities thing, and how much you trust the consultant. Everyone will view the risk differently.

PS I appear to have diverted a fun thread sliming Mandelthingy into serious discussion. I apologise.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Guest theboltonfury
I'm sure our resident GP's can give a more knowledgable answer, but based on my experience precious few.

If you're, say, approaching 50 and more frequently finding it necessary to get up during the night to piss then a brief mention to your GP is in order. Its probably purely a function of ageing but your GP might run a PSA blood test.

In my case an insurance company spotted there had been a test a while in the past and insisted it should be repeated annually - which was my good fortune because otherwise I had minimal symptoms and the cancer would not have been spotted.

As I understand it PSA leaks out of your prostate - but it leaks faster through cancer cells. So a higher PSA indicates the possibility of cancer. In which case they may go up your ar$e with a probe, poke it through the bowel wall and take a number of samples from the prostate and test them for cancer. (Hopefully if you have it they sample the spot that does have cancer)

Normally its a slow growing cancer and one form of treatment is to do nothing and regularly monitor to see if it suddently decides to take off like a greyhound out of the trap. When the greyhound leaps options include amongst other things going in and cutting out the prostate, frying it from outside, frying it from inside by inserting radioactive pellets.

If you're unlucky, side efects include impotence and incontinence. Which is a good reason for doing nothing and monitoring if you think the thing is going to grow at a snail's pace for the rest of your life.

And that is pretty much it in outline.

Edit: Your wife will inevitably worry like hell, particularly at the idea of knowing you have cancer inside you but doing nothing about it. She is not being hysterical, there is always the chance a cancer cell will float off and lodge somewhere else. Its a balance of probabilities thing, and how much you trust the consultant. Everyone will view the risk differently.

PS I appear to have diverted a fun thread sliming Mandelthingy into serious discussion. I apologise.

Thanks. You sound positive and upbeat. Hope it clears off very quickly.

HOLA4422
Guest X-QUORK
What am I supposed to have said now?

Not you this time AJ, I was referring to the mickey-taking in general. I was just responding on your post that I knew about the growth being benign.

Archived