House Price Crash Forum

There Are Only 2 Sensible Choices Now For Ftb's

HOLA441

The psychotic Scottish criminal is so determined to win the next election that he has chosen to sacrifice the future of this country in order to win another term. He has rigged the market and it looks like he is going to get away with it. The only sensible choices now available for first time buyers are to either rent forever or to get the hell out of this country and move to a country that does not have insane house prices.

Discuss.

HOLA442
Guest tbatst2000
The psychotic Scottish criminal is so determined to win the next election that he has chosen to sacrifice the future of this country in order to win another term. He has rigged the market and it looks like he is going to get away with it. The only sensible choices now available for first time buyers are to either rent forever or to get the hell out of this country and move to a country that does not have insane house prices.

Discuss.

Sounds about right. You could always rent one of Blair's BTLs of course.

HOLA443
HOLA444

Discuss.

There are two groups that influence house the house price pyramic.

You have correctly indentified the FTBs as those who support the bottom of the pyramid.

The second group are the overseas buyers who influence the top of the pyramid. I expect that the second group are contemplating their global alternatives and are saying no to the UK and looking elsewhere.

The collapse of any Ponzi scheme requires both the early entrants and the late leavers to lose faith in the scam. I suspect that we are close to seeing both groups desert the "scheme" shortly.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
Anywhere that anybody normal would emigrate to has similar or worse salary/house price ratio.

Is that really correct? I agree that most of the Anglo countries have had bubbles but the UK has had the biggest bubble (apart for Ireland). There are also plenty of non -English speaking coun tries where they have not had a property ponzi scheme in operation of the past decade.

HOLA448
HOLA449
Is that really correct? I agree that most of the Anglo countries have had bubbles but the UK has had the biggest bubble (apart for Ireland). There are also plenty of non -English speaking coun tries where they have not had a property ponzi scheme in operation of the past decade.

So you have to learn a language. That's quite a big overhead.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
There are two groups that influence house the house price pyramic.

You have correctly indentified the FTBs as those who support the bottom of the pyramid.

The second group are the overseas buyers who influence the top of the pyramid. I expect that the second group are contemplating their global alternatives and are saying no to the UK and looking elsewhere.

The collapse of any Ponzi scheme requires both the early entrants and the late leavers to lose faith in the scam. I suspect that we are close to seeing both groups desert the "scheme" shortly.

WHat about the BTLers replacing the FTBs at the bottom....If they can make it work (with the assistance of IO mortgages and low IRs and have sufficient deposits), they will see value at a point before most FTBs can afford to jump in and well before most hardcore bears on here would see any value. To my mind we must wait for the cranking up of interest rates.

Edited by Hip to be bear

HOLA4412
You sound confident! The market doesn't seem too bothered about the dire state of UK plc.

Early days my lad, early days.

What's coming is HUGE. And it's gonna change the UK forever.

It's been kinda like the calm before the storm shall we say, and it's going to get scary soon.

HOLA4413

It's been kinda like the calm before the storm shall we say, and it's going to get scary soon.

Keep talking dirty to me! :lol: I guess I'm just sick of waiting - I just can't understand what is keeping this sucker up at the moment?

HOLA4414
I guess I'm just sick of waiting - I just can't understand what is keeping this sucker up at the moment?

I've given up hope - most things around by me firmly back to 2007 prices now (what little there is).

Not enough supply to drive a falling market.

Supply not happening because of low interest rates and government mortgage protection.

Old people even seem to have stopped dying round my way!

As I've said before, little in the way of further nominal falls IMO. B ugger!

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
I've given up hope - most things around by me firmly back to 2007 prices now (what little there is).

Not enough supply to drive a falling market.

Supply not happening because of low interest rates and government mortgage protection.

Old people even seem to have stopped dying round my way!

As I've said before, little in the way of further nominal falls IMO. B ugger!

Hmm yes this does seem to be a very good description of the bottom line - zombie housing market, dead yet still moving and no HPC. And low interest rates seem here for a while. Maybe it will last but somehow I don't believe it.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

The emphasis well and truly on scary.

I do hope people have been paying close attention.The medes and the persians are coming!!

we have some none too friendly observers off our starboard bow captain!!

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...t+now&hl=en

Edited by oracle