House Price Crash Forum

Serfs Ruled By Oligarchs

HOLA441
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
central planning doesnt work no matter who is doing the planning whether it be Brown, Stalin, Mussolini, Lincoln, Obama etc...

Yes, there needs to be a fixed number of notes in circulation, adjusted only for population, and then just left alone. While ever there is meddling with the supply, there will be the opportunity for profiteering. Perhaps you could argue that gold inflates with population growth in the same way (as more is freshly mined).

The more I think about it, the more I think the government should not be able to borrow at all. If it is a good idea, they must be forced to convince the public that their tax should be raised to pay for it.

But there are several monies. Paper money is the least of these. The real money in the world in bank credit. Because it is unregulated, having grown to 40:1 over fictitious paper money assets, it is counterfeit. Now that it is cut off the deflationary scenario kicks in, which CB react to by QE. Once you recognise that real money is bank credit and not paper it becomes clear what has happened. All that will happen with monetization is that we set up the banks for another credit expansion from the new now higher monetary base.

Yes - this point is crucial. It also shows the solution to be simple - force banks to hold higher reserves to neutralise the new money. Narrow money can increase or decrease without causing inflation, but the broad money which reacts to these narrow money changes can. The problem is, the private banks control the broad money through credit, which is why we keep having large fluctuation in the money supply.

HOLA443
why is there nothing in the UK like this

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=24068

Our Northeast Regional Conference on Sept. 17-19 in Valley Forge, PA will feature Congressman Ron Paul, Judge Napolitano, Tom Woods, Phil Giraldi, and Peter Schiff.

And Daniel Hannan... he seems to be reaching the US audience far better than the UK one. It's a shame he is out on a limb in both the conservative party, as well as being an MEP, rather than an MP.

I think a libertarian movement could start to gather pace here with time - people are starting to wake up - but there certainly doesn't seem to be the same momentum here yet.

I take it that Daniel Hannan would support monetary reform too then? I haven't heard him comment on this topic yet, unless I have missed it?

HOLA444
HOLA445
What was wrong with the gold standard and why did they change it ? Surely it has to be better way of doing things than fiat for long term stability.

There are problems

The ultimate amount of currency would be decided by gold mining and people who own gold mines..humm

The total value of the amount of gold excavated is less than the money circulating just in the us, which means that if it were to be used as the currency, its value would have to rise at least several fold (hence the vested interest)

Gold is not very widely available - the sources are well monopolized

HOLA446

I don't remember specifically, but I do remember that during his many appearances on American TV that I got the idea that I should interview him for the new project. Unfortunately, I never got around to it. I was near the end of shooting and had already made my swing through the UK.

And Daniel Hannan... he seems to be reaching the US audience far better than the UK one. It's a shame he is out on a limb in both the conservative party, as well as being an MEP, rather than an MP.

I think a libertarian movement could start to gather pace here with time - people are starting to wake up - but there certainly doesn't seem to be the same momentum here yet.

I take it that Daniel Hannan would support monetary reform too then? I haven't heard him comment on this topic yet, unless I have missed it?

HOLA447

Can't there be some sort of information clearinghouse that we can send these sorts to? Oh yeah, that great new film, "The Secret of Oz". That'll bring them up to speed on just exactly why gold-only money systems only work for the plutocrat, not for the commoner.

What was wrong with the gold standard and why did they change it ? Surely it has to be better way of doing things than fiat for long term stability.

HOLA448

What a great response. I'm so happy to have found folks who understand this -- and know more about it than I.

Yes, there needs to be a fixed number of notes in circulation, adjusted only for population, and then just left alone. While ever there is meddling with the supply, there will be the opportunity for profiteering. Perhaps you could argue that gold inflates with population growth in the same way (as more is freshly mined).

The more I think about it, the more I think the government should not be able to borrow at all. If it is a good idea, they must be forced to convince the public that their tax should be raised to pay for it.

Yes - this point is crucial. It also shows the solution to be simple - force banks to hold higher reserves to neutralise the new money. Narrow money can increase or decrease without causing inflation, but the broad money which reacts to these narrow money changes can. The problem is, the private banks control the broad money through credit, which is why we keep having large fluctuation in the money supply.

HOLA449
The problem is that considering 9/11 was not done by Al Qaida is considered crackpot, and everything else is lumped in together.

Prevents any rational discussion about it.

9/11 was clearly an inside job. I'm sorry but if you think differently you are wrong.

+1

HOLA4410

Not Shakespeare, but beats Machiavelli. :D

There is a line in Henry VI, I think: "The first thing we do is kill all the lawyers."

Loved the last line from the original article:

No, of course not. The whores took their orders from the same military/security oligarchy that instructed Obama.