House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

R K

Chrome Supercars

Saw on of these yesterday - Presumably it belongs to a footballer. Google says Gallas has one and Blackburn's Diouf has one, so given it was in Manchester I'm guess Diouf unless Gallas is also on his way to Eastlands........

If you're going to have an outrageously ridiculous 'look at me' toy then this should be on the list. It looks unbelievably good in the flesh (or chrome).

http://www.luxuo.com/automobile/chrome-mer...lr-mclaren.html

Saw on of these yesterday - Presumably it belongs to a footballer. Google says Gallas has one and Blackburn's Diouf has one, so given it was in Manchester I'm guess Diouf unless Gallas is also on his way to Eastlands........

If you're going to have an outrageously ridiculous 'look at me' toy then this should be on the list. It looks unbelievably good in the flesh (or chrome).

Accident waiting to happen on a sunny day.

I like it :ph34r:

But only on a supercar. Supercars are supposed to grab attention. They should be in Red, white or even yellow if a lambourghini.

If that were put on some run of the mill big saloon, then it would be unacceptable. Saloons should be black grey or dark blue.

Guest theboltonfury

I'm sure that's Joeschmo's

Guest Skinty
I'm a car lover but that thing is very Gordonesque.

See, it's one thing coming up with a catchy word, but half the battle is finding something very specific to apply it to.

Mews, porsches. BMW X5's could be called Gordonesque, but that chrome car can't be bought on debt-wealth alone. (Oooh, that's a good word, I'll remember that one)

I think you should use the word Gordonesque to describe behaviour while holding a position of responsibility where a person subverts resources at their disposal to maintain their own power base. Specifically if it results in a scorched-earth policy.

The sheer over-the-top nature of it is kind of appealing. It's like a weird hybrid of Aliens, Terminator and Knight Rider. The ridiculousness almost makes me want one. But I'm also aware that anywhere other than a film set or a car show it would look idiotic.

As for what happens on a sunny day, that's just another mark in the awesome/stupid category. On a July afternoon, you're driving a car so shiny it causes other drivers to go blind.

See, it's one thing coming up with a catchy word, but half the battle is finding something very specific to apply it to.

Mews, porsches. BMW X5's could be called Gordonesque, but that chrome car can't be bought on debt-wealth alone. (Oooh, that's a good word, I'll remember that one)

I think you should use the word Gordonesque to describe behaviour while holding a position of responsibility where a person subverts resources at their disposal to maintain their own power base. Specifically if it results in a scorched-earth policy.

It's only a prototype for the real thing Scunnered.

I'd be happy if it makes other people try and think of something. It'd be the ultimate legacy for Brown to leave behind.

Guest Skinty
Having asked around, it seems it isn't real chrome at all, but a vinyl 'wrap' that has been applied.

http://www.raccoon.co.uk/gallery.php?indcatid=MQ==#

Oh gawd blimy! Scroll down for the Linfoot Rolls Royce Phantom. I don't like Rolls Royces, I think they are ostentatious. But at least they do what they do. And that orange wrap does the complete opposite.

If I ever had ridiculous amounts of money, I'd go to them with an Aston Martin and ask them to put some girly pink wrap on it with lots of yellow daisies :) Just to annoy all the men out there that lust after a silver one so they can pretend that they're James Bond!

Guest Skinty
It's only a prototype for the real thing Scunnered.

I'd be happy if it makes other people try and think of something. It'd be the ultimate legacy for Brown to leave behind.

I'm Skinty :)

Gordonesque is a good word. What about using a noun, like Gordon-debt?

It's not like we'll be paying it off anytime soon so we'll need a word to describe his legacy.

Super-Kitsch

Guest Skinty
I've got a gun, she's got a herring. It's an easy mistake to make.

I hope you're referring to my knife rather than making some kind of sexual innuendo ...

In all honesty football makes me more angry than anything Labour have managed over the last 12 years.

Guest Skinty
In all honesty football makes me more angry than anything Labour have managed over the last 12 years.

It's just a game ...