House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Austin Allegro

London Paper To Close

The free London Paper is to close.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/aug/2...aper-close-plan

I was looking at it it the other day and wondered how they could possibly keep getting full page ads for 'living the urban dream in Dalston' type new build developments. Presumably they aren't getting those ads any more now.

Or maybe they just ran out of Amy Winehouse/Pete Docherty stories to recycle?

I must admit I preferred the London Paper to London Lite (aka London Sh*te) but they are both pretty dire.

The free London Paper is to close.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/aug/2...aper-close-plan

I was looking at it it the other day and wondered how they could possibly keep getting full page ads for 'living the urban dream in Dalston' type new build developments. Presumably they aren't getting those ads any more now.

Or maybe they just ran out of Amy Winehouse/Pete Docherty stories to recycle?

I must admit I preferred the London Paper to London Lite (aka London Sh*te) but they are both pretty dire.

Given that the content was pretty much the same between the metro, lite and londonpaper, we can probably do without one of them. If I could only get better reception on my phone and I could read HPC all the way home rather than having to revert to the paper in the blackspots.

The only good thing in the London Paper is the cartoon called 'Em' at the back which is very often sublime. I'll miss that when it goes.

Apart from that I think we'd be better off without all these free papers, they make a real mess and the number of trees that get cut down daily to print all this celeb dross is criminal.

I'm surprised it's allowed, really.

Metro is good but I rarely get one nowadays, they are all gone from my tube station before I get there.

Nothing beats a good book though I could really use one of those mobile phone blockers sometimes!

The only good thing in the London Paper is the cartoon called 'Em' at the back which is very often sublime. I'll miss that when it goes.

Eugh. Just looked at some via the link above. Ewww ewww ewww. You won't believe this but I've come out in hives and think I'm going to have some sort of fit I hated that so much.

Each to their own eh :lol: