House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheBlueCat

Brazilian Justice

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/...raud-trial.html

they are likely to have to work in hospitals or teach English in one of the many poor areas around Rio.

Something tells me this part won't come true, but it certainly should:

Turner, from Newbury in Berkshire, and Andrews, from Tunbridge Wells in Kent, are both likely to be barred from entering the legal profession on their return to the UK because of their criminal record.

You've got to be some kind of idiot to claim to have had something nicked that's still in your possession.

As law graduate's, they should know that they still owned at least 9/10ths of the items, and therefore an insurance claim would be thrown out.

In a roundabout way, this illustrates how commonplace insurance fraud has become and the extent to which it's regarded as a victimless crime in Britain. Many's the time I've heard colleagues cheerfully describe the extent to which they've inflated an insurance claim following a burglary or car accident. These bimbos got caught out because Brazil still has some morals left that we've long since abandoned.

These two girls should look on the bright side: at least they won't end up like a certain Brazilian electrician who visited London...

Guest skullingtonjoe
In a roundabout way, this illustrates how commonplace insurance fraud has become and the extent to which it's regarded as a victimless crime in Britain. Many's the time I've heard colleagues cheerfully describe the extent to which they've inflated an insurance claim following a burglary or car accident. These bimbos got caught out because Brazil still has some morals left that we've long since abandoned.

These two girls should look on the bright side: at least they won't end up like a certain Brazilian electrician who visited London...

So much for their law career... all that time, study and money down the drain (plus all the arss-licking required). They probably thought the `stupid Brazilians` wouldn`t check up on them; guess again. At best they`ll end up being duty lawyers at the local nick for the rest of their lives!

Just for a few hundred quid on the insurance...muppets! :rolleyes::lol: Still -as you said - they`re alive.

Am I the only one who read the thread title and had a mental image of painful justice administered by the application and swift, merciless removal of wax strips to delicate parts?

Am I the only one who read the thread title and had a mental image of painful justice administered by the application and swift, merciless removal of wax strips to delicate parts?

Am I the only one who was thinking - that Shanti would seriously get it ?

Look at the bird. Blonde hair, filthy looking. Country with a reputation of bribery. :rolleyes:

I am sure she could have avoided this whole saga with a few minutes of 'payment' to the relevant authority. Job done. Being a potential Lawyer, and one that has no problem with fraud, would she have an issue with providing a gummy for a quick release ?

After me...

At the Copa, Copa Cabana!

<Latin percussion and strings>

Their name was Numpty, and they were students

They were studying the law, and a-looking for a score

They pulled a fast one, while down in Rio

And at lying proved they're gifted; said their cameras had been lifted

But a search back at the Y, quickly proved that was a lie

Now those barristers careers

Have dissolved in floods of tears

At the Copa (CO!), Copacabana (Copacabana)

The hottest spot north of Havana (here)

At the Copa (CO!), Copacabana

All that repentance - still ends in a sentence

At the Copa....they left the Bar!

Giggle!

Almost as good as the encore in an amateur operatic production of Gounod's Faust a couple of years ago, inspired by Mark Oaten's extra curricular activities:

To the tune of the soldiers' chorus...

Poor Mark Oaten,

Why did he get the push?

He went to Clapham Common

and buggered a boy in a bush.

First he buggered the left cheek

then he buggered the right;

And what did the buggery get him?

A nasty political plight!

Guest X-QUORK

:lol:

<Polite golf clap>

You've got to be some kind of idiot to claim to have had something nicked that's still in your possession.

As law graduate's, they should know that they still owned at least 9/10ths of the items, and therefore an insurance claim would be thrown out.

I don't know what I think is worse: the fact that they tried to make up a "robbery" to get some free money off their travel insurance, or the fact that having decided to do this, they were so incompetent that they didn't even think that it mightn't be a good idea to have the "stolen" kit still at their hostel when they reported it stolen.

And these people are supposedly graduates in a reasonably "hard" subject?

FFS....

Reminds me of a divvy bloke from my school who had this car that a mechanic had recently diagnosed as having something terminally expensively wrong with.

So he decides to fake its theft, so he can claim off the insurance.

Gets a mate to "steal" it and burn it somewhere, which he does. Divvy reports it stolen, and the police ask him straight away for his car keys ..... which of course he doesn't have, cos he gave them to his mate so he could "nick" it earlier on..... d'oh!

Divvy gets done for fraud, deception, and generally Being A Tw*T.

Difference is, divvy left school at 16 with 3 CSEs and worked in a chicken factory.

He had a right to be stupid.

These two don't!

Incidentally whatever happened to Louise woodward ? in that I remember he returning to the UK and going into law , as the UK law society or some other body decided to give her an exemption for some reason.

Incidentally whatever happened to Louise woodward ? in that I remember he returning to the UK and going into law , as the UK law society or some other body decided to give her an exemption for some reason.

That reason being that if you had to exclude one lawyer for being crooked and amoral then.....

Guest X-QUORK
He had a right to be stupid.

These two don't!

Reminds me of a guy I knew in the Forces in the late '80s. He'd decided to do an insurance job on his car, by purposely driving it head-on into a tree. He'd taken the precaution of wrapping himself in an army mattress, wearing a bike helmet and wrapping both arms in sleeping mats.

The German police smelled a rat though when they found him unconscious at the wheel of his badly wrecked car.

I think she was running salsa dance classes in Cheshire.

So if you wanna learn hit the dancefloor with the kids, ...

However I shouldn't make a nasty joke - she was in my eyes quite clearly incapable of being shown to be guilty. I mean, if the kid had suffered head injuries then it could quite easily have fallen down stairs / off furniture / etc. Kids do things like that.

Edit: http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/chester-...59067-13450499/