House Price Crash Forum

How To Know If You're A Goldbug

AvidFan

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

If you feel compelled to a have a precious moment with your stash.

My Preeeciouuuuus.....

:lol:

I've got a platinum Isle of Man Noble in my stash. It has a nice design with a viking ship -

in fact with 19% VAT it was only the design that persuaded me to buy it. At least platinum was

almost as cheap as gold at the time - I mean almost as precious at the time. :lol:

Also a young queen on the other side.

Aesthetically I find the Australian silver coins with animals the best.

HOLA444
I accept that.

All I then said was this makes no sense and it's a bubble cause dby dodgy thinking and mass hysteria.

Which is fine, lets call things what they are.

Always slightly worrying when I find myself agreeing with Injin.

What interests me with the gold-bugs' arguments is the following:

Argument A: Gold is a brilliant long term holder of value, and has been for thousands of years.

Argument B: I bought gold 'x' years ago and look how far it has gone up, I have made such a lot of money.

If Argument A holds, then QED, Argument B is a temporary aberration.

To work out the consequences I generally substitute the words 'property' for 'gold' in the above arguments.

I will be happy to pass on my congratulations to all those who get out at the top, but selling gold, at any point, automatically disqualifies you as a gold-bug.

HOLA445
Always slightly worrying when I find myself agreeing with Injin.

What interests me with the gold-bugs' arguments is the following:

Argument A: Gold is a brilliant long term holder of value, and has been for thousands of years.

Argument B: I bought gold 'x' years ago and look how far it has gone up, I have made such a lot of money.

If Argument A holds, then QED, Argument B is a temporary aberration.

To work out the consequences I generally substitute the words 'property' for 'gold' in the above arguments.

I will be happy to pass on my congratulations to all those who get out at the top, but selling gold, at any point, automatically disqualifies you as a gold-bug.

yes, but not all goldbugs buy gold to make money, just as a store of value at historic juncture points like now....apparently.

Otherwise, yes I agree, it could be viewed as a VI ramping bubble.

HOLA446
yes, but not all goldbugs buy gold to make money,.............

:lol:

Yes, as Wren points out, some buy it so they can stroke it and pet it in private away from prying, judging eyes.

Which reminds me. Another way of telling if you're a Goldbug:

You're over 40 foot long, have scaly skin, wings, breath fire and find your stash the most comfortable place imaginable to sleep.

HOLA447

... you know when ...

Your contemplative moments in the bath are inordinately dominated by plots and schemes to disguise your stash as bathroom fittings in the event of a confiscation order ...

You close the curtains in the daytime but don't subsequently log on to "asian babes". You crack one off nonetheless.

You think jewellery is best worn by a crucible, and rolexes much improved by a blow torch.

You know exactly how many ounces you could buy with the kids tuition fees.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
If you measure your net worth in Troy Ounces.

If you have a copy of "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre" in you DVD collection.

I measure everything in Troy ounces, not jut the PMs, it's the superior measure to go by.

I bought a Blu-ray player just so I could watch the new HD version of Goldfinger.... The Fort Knox vault scenes look fantastic.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

When you calculate how much gold 200 000 dollars in the 19th century

would have weighed.

It's quite a lot, I tell you.

Here's Clint "there are two kinds of people in the world: those with loaded guns

and those who dig".

HOLA4416

Archived