House Price Crash Forum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doublethink

According to the novel, doublethink is:

“ The power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them....To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just so long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies — all this is indispensably necessary. Even in using the word doublethink it is necessary to exercise doublethink. For by using the word one admits that one is tampering with reality; by a fresh act of doublethink one erases this knowledge; and so on indefinitely, with the lie always one leap ahead of the truth.[1] â€

Orwell explains that the Party could not protect its iron power without degrading its people with constant propaganda. Yet, knowledge of this brutal deception, even within the Inner Party itself, could lead to disgusted collapse of the State from within. For this reason, the government uses a complex system of reality control. Though Nineteen Eighty-Four is most famous for the Party's pervasive surveillance of everyday life, reality control means that the population of Oceania — all of it, including the ruling élite — could be controlled and manipulated merely through the alteration of everyday thought and language. Newspeak is the method for controlling thought through language; doublethink is the method of directly controlling thought.

This is very similar to Nietzsche's idea of "the truth is just as important as the untruth".[2]

Labour making you proud to be British and free.

Debt is wealth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doublethink

Labour making you proud to be British and free.

Debt is wealth.

Well at least we know what tactics they are employing!!!

the constant barrage of media nonsense is frankly getting on my tits because it is such blatant bullsh1t.

far from turning the herd into mindless automatons,it's making people exceptionally angry and baying for blood.

Even the police are up to speed on the quasi-fascist policies they are being asked to adopt,and anyone with an ounce of sense can see this is precisely the manner in which hitlers third reich was formented.

disarm the people(knife crime etc)...but give the brownshirts some tazers to bully the workers with.

this will not work.

there are too many angry people now.I can see some very nasty intimidation for the perpatrators and instigators of such policies.

overt riot is very easy to stop,I seriously think that many of the senior level who are responsible for this are going to be seriously stalked and surveilled...and I don't think it will be entirely peaceful.

living in fear is not a nice feeling,but any caged rat will attack whatever foe it faces without remorse if put into a situation where it is a matter of survival.....so plods with tazers ain't gonna make one jot of difference.

...if the situation gets severe enough,even military with guns will not stop the caged rats....

I can quite literally see all hell breaking loose.Uncle enoch was right.

there is going to be blood on the streets.I don't think it is just going to be targetted at some particular race group either.I think it will transcend that,and it will be the corporate execs,ministers and so on that will be the target of their aggression.

Guest happy?
Well at least we know what tactics they are employing!!!

the constant barrage of media nonsense is frankly getting on my tits because it is such blatant bullsh1t.

far from turning the herd into mindless automatons,it's making people exceptionally angry and baying for blood.

Even the police are up to speed on the quasi-fascist policies they are being asked to adopt,and anyone with an ounce of sense can see this is precisely the manner in which hitlers third reich was formented.

disarm the people(knife crime etc)...but give the brownshirts some tazers to bully the workers with.

this will not work.

there are too many angry people now.I can see some very nasty intimidation for the perpatrators and instigators of such policies.

overt riot is very easy to stop,I seriously think that many of the senior level who are responsible for this are going to be seriously stalked and surveilled...and I don't think it will be entirely peaceful.

living in fear is not a nice feeling,but any caged rat will attack whatever foe it faces without remorse if put into a situation where it is a matter of survival.....so plods with tazers ain't gonna make one jot of difference.

...if the situation gets severe enough,even military with guns will not stop the caged rats....

there is going to be blood on the streets.I don't think it is just going to be targetted at some particular race group either.I think it will transcend that,and it will be the corporate execs,ministers and so on that will be the target of their aggression.

Nurse! Nurse! He hasn't taken his meds again.

there is going to be blood on the streets

I really hate people who say 'Enoch was right' without actually reading what he actually wrote. The jist of what he said was that negroes should be treated badly because if you don't treat them badly they will end up with the 'whip hand'.

So unless you are a dirty racist parrot, stop saying 'Enoch was right' and STFU.

I really hate people who say 'Enoch was right' without actually reading what he actually wrote. The jist of what he said was that negroes should be treated badly because if you don't treat them badly they will end up with the 'whip hand'.

there is an element of cyclicality about it.

the indigenous population is now being outbred and outvoted,thanks to our thirst for cheap labour(or rather I should say our merchant's thirst for a quick profit at any expense)

it's only a matter of time before the "whip hand" as you put it will be dealt upon us...and in that situation what are you going to do?

the businessmen couldn't give a shit what colour you are as long as you work...but when it comes to the crunch and the basics of life are hard to come by,it is inevitible that tribalism will kick in.

...no more of this liberal lefty stuff when you have to put food on the table for you and yours.

I am certainly not racist,but can see how quickly a situation which fractures an otherwise fairly cohesive society could be formented.....ney deliberately manufactured and stoked.