House Price Crash Forum

We Are All Dying In Our House.

eightiesgirly

HOLA441

All four of us have gone down in just less than a week. Cough, shivers, loss of appetite and feeling very rough. Just wondered how many others are suffering as the media seem to have gone to ground about it. The surgery avoided us like we had plague. Phone the helpline and don't come here.

The helpline thingy is hellish scary as well, you feel like you're defo going to die of something terrible by the time you've answered all the questions.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

As yet, don't know anyone who's had it. Nor does Mr B.

Since I work in the front line with the gen. pub (inc. an awful lot of kids) I would have expected at least one of my colleagues to have succumbed by now.

Especially since nobody ever seems to tell their kids any more to put their hands over their mouths, let alone turn away when they're coughing, sneezing and spluttering. We get sprayed on a regular basis, and I do mean sprayed. :ph34r:

And this is largely 'nice' middle-class mummies I'm talking about.

HOLA446
Guest X-QUORK
Especially since nobody ever seems to tell their kids any more to put their hands over their mouths, let alone turn away when they're coughing, sneezing and spluttering. We get sprayed on a regular basis, and I do mean sprayed. :ph34r:

I hope you say something, I know I would.

HOLA447
All four of us have gone down in just less than a week. Cough, shivers, loss of appetite and feeling very rough. Just wondered how many others are suffering as the media seem to have gone to ground about it. The surgery avoided us like we had plague. Phone the helpline and don't come here.

The helpline thingy is hellish scary as well, you feel like you're defo going to die of something terrible by the time you've answered all the questions.

Sorry to hear that... fluids is what you need and lots of it, and if you have a chicken in the freezer and can somehow manage to get in that kitchen and cook, now is the time to make soup with the bird, be sure to break the bones so that the marrow is released, because this contains the magic stuff that boosts your immune system.

You should always have a 3-day emergency ration of chicken stock in the freezer and at the first sign of flu, get in that kitchen and cook up a chicken soup, before you're completely felled.

Another trick is also to defrost the birdie (or have Tesco bring a fresh one), then put the entire thing in the slow cooker on it's back, put the cooker on auto and 6 hours laters you have perfectly cooked juicy chicken(no cripsy skin tho, discard that, but the meat is divine), and the bones of that will also make good soup.

Get well soon!

ps.: might be an idea to add 1/2 spoon of sugar and 1/2 of salt to a liter of water, because when you're sick you easily get dehydrated.

HOLA448

My wifes mum is a teacher, and got hassle from one of the parents to tell her the first moment someone had symptoms of swine flu so they could take their kid out of school, basically trying to pin all the responsibility on to the teacher. Well, the parent were asked to make sure their kids all had a tissue on them, anyway you can guess which one of the kids didn't have one!

As for the swine flu, I only know one person who has had it, and that was a while ago when it was big news, but have not known any since (although heard of others 2nd or third hand stories, like on here for example)

HOLA449

It is really ugh! Coughing and coughing like a constant deep lung tickle that no amount of coughing seems to cure. I've re-discovered Vick's vapour rub which seems to really help at night, funny how the old things still work. (stinks though!)

The eldest daughter is on tamiflu as she really has it far worse than any of us, we'll see how that goes.

Hope y'all manage to escape the blasted thing, I've never felt so depressed and ill in my life. Normally I'm pretty chipper.

Thanks to Cinnamon for the chicken soup advice, 'Jewish penicilin' I believe.

Keep well.

EG.

HOLA4410
Guest absolutezero

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...howtopic=121437

Lots of info there.

HOLA4411

I think I might possibly have it. Started shivering and feeling tired yesterday afternoon. Feel rough as arses today. Shivers, high temperature, aches and I feel really tired. No cough at the moment though. I have to sip water because I keep throwing it up.

HOLA4412
I think I might possibly have it. Started shivering and feeling tired yesterday afternoon. Feel rough as arses today. Shivers, high temperature, aches and I feel really tired. No cough at the moment though. I have to sip water because I keep throwing it up.

Sounds awful, make sure you take care of yourself, hope you get well soon.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Guest absolutezero
Cheers, I was beginning to think it wasn't that common. It's not quite as bad as real flu ( if you know what I mean) but seems to last a lot longer.

It was bloody awful and I've never felt so ill in all of my 29 years.

Anyone who says it's nothing hasn't had it and has had a seasonal cold instead.

HOLA4416
Are you feeling better yet?

Yes thank you, I have been ill for about two weeks though, my eldest girl is just about coming to life from under the duvet. I've been lay awake at night listening to the poor thing cough for hours and hours on end. Pergatory for any parent.

HOLA4417
Sounds awful, make sure you take care of yourself, hope you get well soon.

Thanks. I've felt pretty much felt the same all day with ups and downs so hopefully it won't get worse. It's enough to keep me in bed for the week but it doesn't feel any worse than regular flu.

HOLA4418
Guest absolutezero

Bit naff to quote yourself but this is from the FLU PANDEMIC thread.

I definitely have it. Over the worst of it now apparently.

Got taken to hospital in the back of an ambulance last night. Never been one for drama though.

Went to bed at 9 and woke up at 11. Felt like I was going to black out. The room was spinning. I had little co-ordination and couldn't speak in full sentences. The NHS direct woman called an ambulance.

The thing that got the ambulance called was the tingling sensation all up my left arm.

The hospitals aren't taking swine flu patients at all! "Infection control".

The medics got here and made we wear a face mask like surgeons wear.

They took blood pressure, heart rate, blood sugar readings, temperature - the lot. Everything fine.

They put me on the ECG because they were bothered about my heart and took blood. I'm 29, don't drink or smoke. Have virtually no risk factors for anything heart related.

After a 4 hour wait in a cubicle on a trolley wearing the damned mask the whole time (hated that thing) I was seen by a doctor.

She told me the dizziness is most likely to be a swine flu symptom as nothing in the tests indicated anything else.

The tingling was probably something like a trapped ulnar nerve because of the muscle inflammation due to the swine flu. Nice to have it confirmed that I've had it I suppose.

The really interesting thing was the reaction of the public in the hospital when I was walking in and out. They insisted I wore the mask and the figure of a confused man in a dressing gown wandering about in a mask scared them witless. There was terror in their faces.

The doctors on the other hand weren't remotely bothered. She even said it's only flu!

Makes me wonder if it's all been hyped.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Yes thank you, I have been ill for about two weeks though, my eldest girl is just about coming to life from under the duvet. I've been lay awake at night listening to the poor thing cough for hours and hours on end. Pergatory for any parent.

That's good to hear. At least you are all in the clear when the autumn version arrives.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Guest absolutezero
No sick pay for me so I'm dreading getting bloody swine flu.

Ah! The joys of being in the public sector. :ph34r:

Even though I got it during the first two weeks of the summer holidays. :lol:

I know what'll happen in the winter.

All the other teachers will catch it. I'll be one of the few with some immunity to the new, mutated version so I'll not be hit as much and it'll be me and the headteacher with 1100 kids.

Not only does it foul up my holidays but I have to cover for everybugger else! Priceless...

HOLA4423
It is really ugh! Coughing and coughing like a constant deep lung tickle that no amount of coughing seems to cure. I've re-discovered Vick's vapour rub which seems to really help at night, funny how the old things still work. (stinks though!)

Commiserations. Exactly the same here, like someone is sitting in your throat with a feather? The initial flu part was not the worse flu that I had had in that very high temp and aches were gone in about 3 days but the coughing which set in around day 4 is a complete and utter nightmare and even a bit frightening at night.. Just sipping warm water all of the time which seems to help. It's a very odd virus with a new bit of the body being attacked each day. I joked that it would reach my big toe next - well today I have a painful shin as if it's been strained.

The nausea that I had for the first few days was not something I've experienced with flu before which made me think swine flu.

Didn't bother with tamiflu as I could feel things subsiding at first but had I known about the cough I think I would have taken it.

The person that I got it from was on the sofa for a couple of days then better - they got lucky. I know of a lot of people who have had it here in London, to various degrees.

Very much hoping this means immunity to a second wave that will doubtless kick off once schools are back and vaccinations get going.

HOLA4424
Commiserations. Exactly the same here, like someone is sitting in your throat with a feather? The initial flu part was not the worse flu that I had had in that very high temp and aches were gone in about 3 days but the coughing which set in around day 4 is a complete and utter nightmare and even a bit frightening at night.. Just sipping warm water all of the time which seems to help. It's a very odd virus with a new bit of the body being attacked each day. I joked that it would reach my big toe next - well today I have a painful shin as if it's been strained.

The nausea that I had for the first few days was not something I've experienced with flu before which made me think swine flu.

Didn't bother with tamiflu as I could feel things subsiding at first but had I known about the cough I think I would have taken it.

The person that I got it from was on the sofa for a couple of days then better - they got lucky. I know of a lot of people who have had it here in London, to various degrees.

Very much hoping this means immunity to a second wave that will doubtless kick off once schools are back and vaccinations get going.

Yes that sounds just like it, the coughing is merciless. I shudder to think what it would so to someone with asthma.

I too hope we have some resistance to any second wave, much as it's not that serious, it's bad enough!

HOLA4425
Yes that sounds just like it, the coughing is merciless. I shudder to think what it would so to someone with asthma.

I too hope we have some resistance to any second wave, much as it's not that serious, it's bad enough!

I hear in the US they're estimating a 2-3% death rate, with 40% of the population hit. Think I read it on Denninger, although he couldn't confirm the figures.

My sister in law in London knows a lot of people who've had it, but isn't planning to remove kids from school. The person hit hardest was a father in his mid-40s.

Archived