House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OnlyMe

City Pay Rises By 6% As Banks Recover

Nice to see the pigs getting rewarded.

No doubt from the central bank QE trough.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/article....=moretopstories

City pay rises by 6% as banks recover

This is Money

18 August 2009, 2:45pm

Increasing competition to secure the best talent in the financial sector saw the average City pay packet soar 6% between June and July.

Skip additional links

A busy office

Rising rewards: Average City pay now stands at £53,223

WANT TO KNOW MORE?

* Darling: I'll cut City bonuses

* FSA warns against return to big bonus

* The real jobless total six million

Wages are still 1% lower on average than this time a year ago, but the welcome return of City confidence and the pressures of the recessionary squeeze have bumped pay up to an average of £53,223.

Recover, eh?

Rubbish. They've only reclassifed the 'toxic debt' as something else off book and are fraudulently claiming profits.

Oh well, it's just deferring the pain.

This is Britain. Same as it ever was.

Nice to see the pigs getting rewarded.

What do you expect? Government and regulatory capture.

Any noise from Darling is pure theatre for sheeple consumption as he secures his post political future at the "trough face" so to speak.

Edited by HostPaul TAFKA Rover2000

These people are bringing wealth into the country, are you suggesting that they shouldn't be rewarded for their hard work?

;)

Edited by Olebrum

What do you expect?

I expect you to read the article

"The research was carried out by recruitment firm Morgan McKinley, which deals with middle and back office workers in the financial services sector. Its figures do not include jobs and salaries for very highly paid roles such as investment banking traders. "

"The research was carried out by recruitment firm Morgan McKinley, which deals with middle and back office workers in the financial services sector. Its figures do not include jobs and salaries for very highly paid roles such as investment banking traders. "

oh... clerks...thats all right then.

Nosh

It is indeed. I am not sure why the OP bothered to post it.

If you read his post, Noel, these jobs/pay rises are created due to "banks recovering." How exactly are the banks recovering?

More like they benefit from the BoE's QE "trough" oh and the long established banking practice of ripping off the customer base.

Not exactly free wheeling capitalism eh?

Edited by HostPaul TAFKA Rover2000

Love it. 53K... and a 60K bonus.

be fair you gotta subtract your 12K train fares ( 1st class)

These people are bringing wealth into the country, are you suggesting that they shouldn't be rewarded for their hard work?

;)

No, no, their payrises are because they're 6% more talented than last year (after all, inflation has been abolished, so what else could make them worth 6% more?)

Their bonuses are to reward their hard work.

No, no, their payrises are because they're 6% more talented than last year (after all, inflation has been abolished, so what else could make them worth 6% more?)

Lending to hard working families?

I work in the city (don't hate me). Know and chat to many people at many banks.

No-one's getting a pay rise. Anyone in work is happy they still are.

No way 6%. No way.

I work in the city (don't hate me). Know and chat to many people at many banks.

No-one's getting a pay rise. Anyone in work is happy they still are.

No way 6%. No way.

My parents both worked in banks. So I've got that personal baggage to deal with on top of all the common-to-everyone stuff. Dont take it personally.

Guest X-QUORK
My parents both worked in banks. So I've got that personal baggage to deal with on top of all the common-to-everyone stuff. Dont take it personally.

They probably worked in banks when banking was a useful service rather than a crazed parasitical monster. Hope that helps?

course, it IS an employment agency saying this.

they may be trying to attract work.....you know, getting people to change jobs, thereby creating a vacancy...and the higher the salary they can garner, the more commission they get...often 3-6 months salary.

They probably worked in banks when banking was a useful service rather than a crazed parasitical monster. Hope that helps?

Agreed. And when banks stood on their own feet.

I have to take issue with you here General.

They are actually 12% more talented than last year, but they are only being paid 6% more.

They are underpaid. It is essential therefore that they receive greater payrises in future to make up for it.+

They are after all leading us out a recession that was nothing to do with them (just Gordon Brown's fault).

Edited by Cogs