House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sneeze

Bt9

"Ideal First Time Buy!"

at £190k?

as far as im aware the offer was accepted at £197k

The house needs some modernisation as the decor is a little out dated but no major work, i couldnt believe it when it went sale agreed in one day...

The house is old fashioned but nice big reception room. Just need modernised I guess. Its in the wrong side of Malone though in my opinion. Would prefer Stranmillis to here.

Well i was talking to my solicitor earlier to today about this very subject.

I was moaning about how properties in nice areas have not seemed to have fallen in price. His view is properties in popular areas at the higher end (300k +) have not dropped much.

The general view is Belfast is short of decent places for mid market buyers, and everyone wants to live in bt9 thus keeping prices high.

He said work has ground to a halt on property stuff, the only thing moving is the sub 175k stuff.

Edited by leftofcentre

I wonder will this near neigbour sell for £8K more than the asking price? I can't see it somehow. :o

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r...=1&sort=h2l

arent these hooses near enough in finaghy??!!

as for the 300k semi teabag head id rather have a detached for 25k less

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r...&sort=added

DCV ratio is about 1.3 which is typical asking price at the moment, but yes probably a little over priced considering buy prices should be lower than asking and it needs updating. Also don't forget that they have to complete first, loads of sales go 'agreed' then back to for sale after they either can't get a mortgage or can't sell their own house at the same ridiculous level.

I am still worried that banks are giving out high mortgages at the moment, its easily possible to get an unaffordable mortgage if you provide a decent deposit.

There will be current buyer repos and bank losses again when the interest rates go into double digits.