House Price Crash Forum

Wtf Is Happening With Our Economy-

Guest KingCharles1st

HOLA441
Guest KingCharles1st

An awful lot of confusing data, predictions and scenarios been posted up on here over the last few days.

Some people making 700 quid a month for doing nothing while others are losing their jobs- every self employed I personally speak to is in dire straights and really fear for their companies future etc etc.

I can no longer make any sense of it.

The concept of MANAGEMENT appears to be an extremely loose one in this current Labour session.

Edited by KingCharles1st

HOLA442
Guest UK Debt Slave
An awful lot of confusing data, predictions and scenarios been posted up on here over the last few days.

Some people making 700 quid a month for doing nothing while others are losign their jobs- every0ne i speak to ius in dire straights and really fear for their companies future etc etc.

I can no longer make any sense of it.

The concept of MANAGEMENT appears to be an extremely loose one in this current Labour session.

I suspect the whole idea is to keep people running around like headless chickens not knowing what the hell is going on.

The last thing they want is anyone finding an escape route from their web of destruction.

HOLA443

The concept of "economy" in its other sense has been thrown out of the window.

Now, just debt-ridden turnover using inflated money supply.

Going to end much worse as a result of the current policies, when inflation carries on ticking up and wages (and jobs) suffer.

HOLA444

well, many are on holiday. the economy is on hold.

wait till the roads fillup with returners in September.

hope will change to TSHTF.

another emergency to deal with....probably some more QE and ramping till its time to leave with the Bill...at election time.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
The concept of "economy" in its other sense has been thrown out of the window.

Now, just debt-ridden turnover using inflated money supply.

Going to end much worse as a result of the current policies, when inflation carries on ticking up and wages (and jobs) suffer.

Yup, which is why monetary reform is the single most important point to tackle. If the monetary foundations are collapsing, it is pretty pointless trying to tinker around the edges.

The government has to stop banging on about consumption - we are just further cannibalising the rather rotten carcass. There needs to be a complete rethink in the way the economy functions. Consumption fuelled by debt is a road to ruin. We are probably at the end of the road already, but most people, and the government, seem too ill informed to realise it.

HOLA449
Yup, which is why monetary reform is the single most important point to tackle. If the monetary foundations are collapsing, it is pretty pointless trying to tinker around the edges.

The government has to stop banging on about consumption - we are just further cannibalising the rather rotten carcass. There needs to be a complete rethink in the way the economy functions. Consumption fuelled by debt is a road to ruin. We are probably at the end of the road already, but most people, and the government, seem too ill informed to realise it.

They know and they are simply filling their own boots in readiness for the end.

Gordon Brown cares about your bank balance about as much as you care about this.

HOLA4410
They know and they are simply filling their own boots in readiness for the end.

Gordon Brown cares about your bank balance about as much as you care about this.

I dare say you are right, but I was giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Either way we need massive political and monetary change. I just fear that the word won't get out until it is too late.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
this xmas will be interesting....

True, but I think people (1) are more resiliant than HPCers tend to think and (2) judge everything in relative terms.

For example, in 2007 people might have been unhappy if they only had 1 holiday in the year when their mates had 2, now they're unhappy if they had a pay cut when their mates only had no pay rise.

People won't be unhappy because they have less for xmas than they did in 2007 - they will be unhappy if they get a lump of coal for xmas when their neighbour gets two lumps.

HOLA4415
True, but I think people (1) are more resiliant than HPCers tend to think and (2) judge everything in relative terms.

For example, in 2007 people might have been unhappy if they only had 1 holiday in the year when their mates had 2, now they're unhappy if they had a pay cut when their mates only had no pay rise.

People won't be unhappy because they have less for xmas than they did in 2007 - they will be unhappy if they get a lump of coal for xmas when their neighbour gets two lumps.

So well put we all measure things relatively not absolutely now how do you like my Cortina Ghia it is an i don't you know not a GL!

HOLA4416
So well put we all measure things relatively not absolutely now how do you like my Cortina Ghia it is an i don't you know not a GL!

People will be 'unhappy' when they lose their job and get their house repoed which is just around the corner for a growing number of people

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Guest KingCharles1st
We don't have an economy. We have banks, houses, shops, and insurance.

We gave the manufacturing to China.

Exactly- so why do we play at having one then? The people in charge of this sham don't have a ******ing clue.

HOLA4419

That'll be your full reserve banking I suppose. Run that by me again. :lol:

HOLA4420

Most of our economy was us selling houses to one another at ever inflating prices, those who bought earlier got to pledge equity against fancy cars. It was a pyramid scheme and it suckered in some of the young in our society. Shameful.

Like I said.. I am waiting for the revolution. They'll need those ******ing cameras and stun guns and crowd kettle killing tactics, cos I aint gonna be passive. I'm going with intention.

HOLA4421

Yes, very true. HPC tends to see things too clearly as we tend to know many facts which the average Joe is oblivious to. The actual unfolding of events seems to be much more chaotic than is logical.

Agreed about the relative thing too. People can cope as long as the unwinding isn't too rapid. Camping down the road is cheaper than flying somewhere hot, but it's still a holiday.

The SHTF when things unravel too quickly and without warning. I think most people know that they need to pay down debt, be concerned about their job etc. Some will be caught out after believing the government that everything is fine and they should get out spending, but I think most know something is wrong, even if they can't identify it.

You could argue that the government is trying to keep the plates spinning for as long as possible, to allow those smart enough to see through it a chance to prepare. You could also argue that they are just lining their own pockets and are clueless about how to fix anything anyway. Personally, I'm just trying to get myself as self sufficient as possible, while trying to encourage real political and monetary change.

HOLA4422

I got an email this morning from amazon and one of their adverts is about the collapse of the world currencies and humanity that can be averted if more people pre-order Red Dwarf - Back to Earth DVD.

Click the link and then the Red Dwarf tab to see Rimmer's economic prediction. :lol:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/mpd/permalink/m...:m1P1AE87OWWDR2

Edited by Take Me Back To London!

HOLA4423
It'll all kick off when little Jimmy only gets a lump of coal in his Christmas stocking because the bank pulled his parents credit cards.

Only when the people can't borrow, steal or beg another penny will the real pain start. Not long now.

Not sure about that - had an unsolicited letter this morning from one of my card providers, doubling my credit limit to £8k....