House Price Crash Forum

Tim Congdon On Creditism And Money Creation

HOLA441
That's right. :)

Excellent, well done.

Yes of course the general public is being fooled into thinking eddie george is running around in the background with his pockets stuffed full of fivers. :lol:

You could always stop posting though, save the mods some work?

Yeah - you'd love that. My money is on you getting the cut first though ;)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
You aren;t getting it I think.

You aks the bansk for proof of their claims.

They don't have any.

Therefore you no longer have to "repay" them anything.

Pretty simple.

I wish I wasn't getting it, genuinely, but I think I am... You are upset, it seems to me about the language. Who cares? What have they done wrong apart from deception?

HOLA443
HOLA444
Yes of course the general public is being fooled into thinking eddie george is running around in the background with his pockets stuffed full of fivers. :lol:

The contract states payment will be made in cash. :)

The billing is done like payment has been made in cash.

No cash changed hands.

Yeah - you'd love that. My money is on you getting the cut first though ;)

Whatever, trevor.

HOLA445
HOLA446
I wish I wasn't getting it, genuinely, but I think I am... You are upset, it seems to me about the language. Who cares? What have they done wrong apart from deception?

Well so far this deception has wasted the lives of billions, it tears families apart and is responsible for hundred of millions of deaths in world wars, not to mention the malinvestment shortening everyones life etc etc

HOLA447
HOLA448
Well so far this deception has wasted the lives of billions, it tears families apart and is responsible for hundred of millions of deaths in world wars, not to mention the malinvestment shortening everyones life etc etc

But we don't know that it is a deception (because we can't say for certain what the Government will do in the future) and by continuing to mis-identify the cause we prolong the suffering which is what you are doing.

HOLA449
But we don't know that it is a deception (because we can't say for certain what the Government will do in the future) and by continuing to mis-identify the cause we prolong the suffering which is what you are doing.

It's a deception because the lies have already happened.

It doesn't matter if the state makes it nominally right later on, the lie has already occured and the damage has been done.

100 people have been told that they have value x available.

Actually only 3 of them can actually have that value.

All 100 of them have made plans (long term plans such as buying houses, capital investment, shares, pensions etc) which are simply unsustainable in reality. As the decpetion becomes uncovered all those plans have to be liquidated and new plans drawn up to fit the value that is actually out there.

The damage is done, and printing can't stop it.

Edit - what the state by printing is doing is making sure that it and it's banking buddies are part of the 3, not part of the 97.

Edited by Injin

HOLA4410
It's a deception because the lies have already happened.

It doesn't matter if the state makes it nominally right later on, the lie has already occured and the damage has been done.

100 people have been told that they have value x available.

Actually only 3 of them can actually have that value.

All 100 of them have made plans (long term plans such as buying houses, capital investment, shares, pensions etc) which are simply unsustainable in reality. As the decpetion becomes uncovered all those plans have to be liquidated and new plans drawn up to fit the value that is actually out there.

The damage is done, and printing can't stop it.

Edit - what the state by printing is doing is making sure that it and it's banking buddies are part of the 3, not part of the 97.

I think we can forget about the State replacing the credit with cash, even if they wanted to do it, people haven't worked out that it wouldn't cause Zimbabwe and there would be riots. What I'm not getting, in your model is whether price inflation actually happens: do the lies affect the price of cash?

HOLA4411
I think we can forget about the State replacing the credit with cash, even if they wanted to do it, people haven't worked out that it wouldn't cause Zimbabwe and there would be riots.

So will closing banks and not paying depositors. The happy medium of course is to pay some and default on some.

What I'm not getting, in your model is whether price inflation actually happens: do the lies affect the price of cash?

I am not sure, it's very complicated and I can't follow it all.

Still working on it, though my checking so far lead me to the surprising conclusion that it's actually deflationary.

HOLA4412
So will closing banks and not paying depositors. The happy medium of course is to pay some and default on some.

I am not sure, it's very complicated and I can't follow it all.

Still working on it, though my checking so far lead me to the surprising conclusion that it's actually deflationary.

Magnanimity won't make your square peg fit into your round hole.

Edited by Alan B'Stard MP

HOLA4413