House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest theboltonfury

Doesn't This Make You Irate - If You're A Bloke

Guest theboltonfury

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/1/20090818/ten-cl...di-c60bd6d.html

What has the world come to? The law is so in favour of the fairer sex. They get the kids, even if they are unfit to mother and then want all your money. If you tell them that they look nice at work, you get sued for sexual harrassment.

She says - 'I need the money as I have been accustomed to being entertained by royalty and dignitaries in castles'

The judge should have locked her up.

Guest X-QUORK

What has the world come to? The law is so in favour of the fairer sex. They get the kids, even if they are unfit to mother and then want all your money. If you tell them that they look nice at work, you get sued for sexual harrassment.

She says - 'I need the money as I have been accustomed to being entertained by royalty and dignitaries in castles'

Agree with you on the Cleese ruling, an absolutely disgusting example of greed by the ex-wife.

Not really - she's just a nasty greedy human, there are plenty of them. Egged on by a nasty lawyer, no doubt.

What should be stopped is allowing the argument about "becoming accustomed to life at a higher standard" to be presented as if it were valid. It's crap, and should be defined in law as being a crap argument. For man or woman.

Guest theboltonfury
Not really - she's just a nasty greedy human, there are plenty of them. Egged on by a nasty lawyer, no doubt.

What should be stopped is allowing the argument about "becoming accustomed to life at a higher standard" to be presented as if it were valid. It's crap, and should be defined in law as being a crap argument. For man or woman.

Sorry, I'd like to clarify my position. I like women. They are generally great.

But people like ex-Mr Cleese and Heather Mills undo all the great work in one foul swoop that many great women that have done before them.

I heard a marvellous quote from John Cleese on the radio this morning to the effect of how lightly he'd got off, and could you imagine how much higher the settlement would have been if she'd actually contributed anything to the marriage. Nice to know he's still got his sense of humour.

Lets remember that this was an American Court. US courts often are more about "procedure" than fairness and justice.

The actor has been ordered to give Alyce Faye Eichelberger £8 million in cash and assets - including a New York apartment, a London property, and a share in a beach house in California - on top of another £612,000 annually for the next seven years.

That's more than Fred Goodwin!

Sorry, I'd like to clarify my position. I like women. They are generally great.

But people like ex-Mr Cleese and Heather Mills undo all the great work in one foul swoop that many great women that have done before them.

The real problem is that women - presumably men also - can do this in the first place. If you've already accumulated assets prior to getting together, you are absolutely out of your skull getting married these days. If you've got nowt then there's nothing to lose.

If I get married I am definitely going to put a wad of money into a legal but offshore trust that she can't get her filthy mitts on.

I don't blame women, they're hard-wired this way. But PC government panders to not just immigrants but also to women. Women have so much power, way more than men. They get anything they want, whenever they want. Guys die early due to working their nuts off.

This is why white men look East to where the women are not yet corrupted. Give it a generation and they'll be the same too, already signs of it.

If I get married I am definitely going to put a wad of money into a legal but offshore trust that she can't get her filthy mitts on.

I don't blame women, they're hard-wired this way. But PC government panders to not just immigrants but also to women. Women have so much power, way more than men. They get anything they want, whenever they want. Guys die early due to working their nuts off.

This is why white men look East to where the women are not yet corrupted. Give it a generation and they'll be the same too, already signs of it.

Don't forget to NOT tell her (nor anyone else) that it even exists!!!

I think Mr parry might have something to say about this.... appear to not yet be corrupted.. IMHO your better off heading to africa

I think Mr parry might have something to say about this.... appear to not yet be corrupted.. IMHO your better off heading to africa

Sure, if you want your knob to drop off.

Guest theboltonfury
If this was his first wife, I might have some sympathy... but his third! Does the stupid f*cker never learn?

He clearly believes in the institution

do you actually mean they'll be your slave and do whatever you ask?

Guys: For many people, there is (a lot) more to life than money/maximising assets.

Obviously not for ex-Mrs Cleese!

Guest UK Debt Slave
I heard a marvellous quote from John Cleese on the radio this morning to the effect of how lightly he'd got off, and could you imagine how much higher the settlement would have been if she'd actually contributed anything to the marriage. Nice to know he's still got his sense of humour.

I heard that too on R4 this morning

:lol:

At least he still has a sense of humour about it!

This should make women far more irate than it does men. Firstly it maintains the highly inaccurate stereotype that women are incapable of being financially independent and argues that they require a man to look after them. Secondly, these high-profile case, whilst highly atypical, only serve to undermine men's increasing reluctance to get married. Go to any dating website and you'll find a disproportionate number of articulate, educated, independent and attractive women desperately looking for a husband. The ex Mrs Cleese and her lawyers have got rich at the expense of one man and a countless number of other women.

Guest theboltonfury
This should make women far more irate than it does men. Firstly it maintains the highly inaccurate stereotype that women are incapable of being financially independent and argues that they require a man to look after them. Secondly, these high-profile case, whilst highly atypical, only serve to undermine men's increasing reluctance to get married. Go to any dating website and you'll find a disproportionate number of articulate, educated, independent and attractive women desperately looking for a husband. The ex Mrs Cleese and her lawyers have got rich at the expense of one man and a countless number of other women.

That does not address the fact that the law is an ass, and screws a man in favour of a woman all the time.