House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

B.a. Cutting Back...on Toothpaste...

Just come back from a long hual flight with B.A. Was luck enough to fly business class, which was nice, they should ban that cattle class on long haul flights, it's barbaric, I digress.

I asked the hostess for a tooth brush and toothpaste not long before I landed, I thought they gave them out, or had them in the loo's.

She was happy to give me one but said..."these are on a request only basis now".

Sign of the times.

Difficult situation, best to check online beforehand, not sure if they go into detail but I'd expect toothpaste and an eye mask at least.

The eye masks were in the little packs, they were being rationed too.

The eye masks were in the little packs, they were being rationed too.

Interesting. I flew cattle class to the Eastern seaboard in June and all of us had the eye-mask + toothcleaner kit. Who cares anyway, it's so poor quality you're better off carrying your own. Or do the posh people up front get nicer ones?

One day, I will turn left!

Edited by Cash with Nowhere to Go

Interesting. I flew cattle class to the Eastern seaboard in June and all of us had the eye-mask + toothcleaner kit. Who cares anyway, it's so poor quality you're better off carrying your own. Or do the posh people up front get nicer ones?

One day, I will turn left!

I'm normally up the back with the cattle so I am glad to report the business class ones are much better quality. You get a nice little travel pouch too and some 'smellies' which looks good quality.

As I said, business class style travel should be the normal. It's ridiculous how they get away with packing people in the back of those big planes.

I'm normally up the back with the cattle so I am glad to report the business class ones are much better quality. You get a nice little travel pouch too and some 'smellies' which looks good quality.

As I said, business class style travel should be the normal. It's ridiculous how they get away with packing people in the back of those big planes.

Once I was with a first class passenger; she stayed with us in the normal people line , upon seeing her ticket they took us out of the normal people long long queue

'as a group' (even though we were economy), put the three of us into the first class lounge complete with free food, showers and wine.

Only to see an Upper Class Lounge opposite me, with similar frosted glass doors. Just made me wonder what they do for you in there.

Edited by three pint princess

Just come back from a long hual flight with B.A. Was luck enough to fly business class, which was nice, they should ban that cattle class on long haul flights, it's barbaric, I digress.

I asked the hostess for a tooth brush and toothpaste not long before I landed, I thought they gave them out, or had them in the loo's.

She was happy to give me one but said..."these are on a request only basis now".

Sign of the times.

I was talking to the Sales Manager of one of the Heathrow hotels a few weeks ago; amongst the other bits about the fall in trade and soaring vacancy rates in every hotel that isn't or cannot slash prices, he mentioned that BA have just stopped selling First Class tickets on some routes. They're not taking out the cabin as that costs money but they are flying with the seats empty unless they've overbooked and they seat some Business Class people there. Even then, the BC people don't get the "First Class Experience", they just get Business with a nicer seat.

They can all stick flying up their bum, I don't intend to do it again unless, as above, I don't get treated like cargo. Wow, I remember when flying was a pleasure, and had glamour! Both my partner and I have had close family members near death in foriegn hospitals recently, still wouldn't fly. One died, wouldn't even fly to the funeral. It is that unpleasant.

At least they're not charging to go to the bog, like RyanAir are thinking about...!

Total rubbish and most likely illegal or contravening codes of practice. Just thrown out to get their name in the papers, again.

I thought Lyingair were looking into seeing if it were viable for people to stand up? :unsure:

Again, claptrap. Please explain how it would be safe for people to be on 'stools' or standing up on a plane during take-off and landing. Exactly.. Drivel.

Guest KingCharles1st

So the little company in Slough that makes "airtooth," will lose its biggest customer, have to charge the remaining customers more, and then go pop.

Heh, heh heheh, heh heh.

bandb.jpg

Again, claptrap. Please explain how it would be safe for people to be on 'stools' or standing up on a plane during take-off and landing. Exactly.. Drivel.

The survival rate in crashes would indicate that the seats are unsafe anyway, and that by extension airlines are not in the least interested in passenger safety, but rather cargo space. A nephew in the industry told me that most people who don't die in the impact bleed to death from the stumps where there feet used to be after the seats have slid forward and performed an impromptu amputation. He (the nephew) suggests lifting your feet onto the seat...I think this humour because no-one above average height can do this in cattle class. 'Brace position' don't make me laugh! Survivability would rocket if the just turned the seats round. Apparently they say that nobody want to fly backwards. Emergency exits? Last time I flew budget there were two seats in the way of the wing exits. I remember what happened at Manchester.

I detest flying and now only do it when I really really have to. Sorry, I seem to have wandered into an early morning rant!

edit - typo

Edited by Sceptacled Bear