House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Disposable Heroes

If You Live In Glasgow, Have A Ride Along With Lance Armstrong

Guest DisposableHeroes

-Hey Glasgow - group ride starts at Ashtree House Hotel. 9 Orr Square. Paisley, Scotland. See you there at noon!!

-Hey Glasgow - ride's at 12 noon. Location tbd. Stay tuned! Still dialing it in. And yes, I have my rain coat!

-Hey Glasgow, Scotland!! I'm coming your way tomorrow. Who wants to go for a bike ride??

http://twitter.com/lancearmstrong?page=1

Twitter - ugh

It's a one way media just like television, which is why the BBC for example love it.

twitter%20research%201.jpg

Idiots following others.

At the same time there is a small contingent of users who are very active. Specifically, the top 10% of prolific Twitter users accounted for over 90% of tweets. On a typical online social network, the top 10% of users account for 30% of all production. To put Twitter in perspective, consider an unlikely analogue - Wikipedia. There, the top 15% of the most prolific editors account for 90% of Wikipedia's edits i

http://blogs.harvardbusiness.org/cs/2009/0..._men_follo.html

Guest DisposableHeroes

About 300 people have joined an impromptu bike ride with cycling legend Lance Armstrong after he issued an open invitation on a Twitter post.

_46224053_lancearmstrong226.jpg

The seven-times Tour de France winner alerted fans that he was coming to Scotland during a Tweet on Monday.

He posted: "Hey Glasgow, Scotland! I'm coming your way tomorrow. Who wants to go for a bike ride?"

Armstrong set off from Ashtree House Hotel, Paisley, Renfrewshire, shortly after 1230 BST on Tuesday.

BBC Scotland reporter Mark Daly spoke briefly to Armstrong before he set off at the head of a 300-strong pack of cyclists in Paisley.

Speaking while cycling with Armstrong, he said: "He told me he hadn't been doing too much training but he was in advance preparation of putting his team together for his assault on next year's Tour de France.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgo...est/8207007.stm

It's a one way media just like television, which is why the BBC for example love it.

So thats Stephen Fry ignores my tweets. T*sser! :lol:

Guest DisposableHeroes

Great to see somebody doing something positive with their valuable life.