House Price Crash Forum

Best Place In The Uk To Move To

What did we have before we had chavs? I'd never heard the word before about 5 years ago (and in fact you still don't hear it in Scotland: we have neds, schemies and jakies (jakeys?) instead), but now it seems that people are queuing up to leave the country because you're never more than 10 feet away from a chav. Were they just the lower classes before?

Back in the nineties this lot were referred to/predicted as the "status zero generation". There was an observed growing strata of completely useless people with bad education, bad life skills, little means or intention of getting employment and generally not much going for them. A number of people worried about the the offspring of these CUPs - what were they going to turn out like with such rubbish parents?

Fast-forward to 2009...

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 days time and I am moving to the Isle of Wight! Fortunately the Chavs can't swim! :P

Sorry, Hip to be Bear, you've got a big shock coming to you, then! You go to any main town on the Island and you will find chavs galore!!! We have one of the highest unemployment rates in the country and the highest level of underage pregnancies, so that should give you an idea of what you have to look forward to!

True, but not many of them in Niton!

Sure Ryde, Newport, Cowes, Sandown, Lake and Shanklin have their fair share, but I always close my eyes when I drive through any of them! ;)

Plus I am moving from Weymouth..Chav central....They hold the antenatal classes in the schools down here....So the South Wight holds no fears for me!

Edited by Hip to be bear
So let me get this straight, you're advocating that we should encourage physical fitness and training in military techniques among the "ill-mannered, aggressive lowlifes" of the UK.

Doesn't sound like a bright idea to me. You might want to re-think your strategy on that one.

National Service didn't involve military training did it? It doesn't matter what they have to do, it's just a discipline. It will make them think that there are things in life far more important than swigging cans of beer in front of their Wii and playing computer games until they are deranged. It will give them a sense of well-being and pride and a reason to get up in the morning.

Edited by tplatt