House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BruceLi

How Much Cash Do I Need?

Hello guys:

I need to work out, how much cash I need in my saving account before buying a 200k house?

at moment, I know there is 20K deposit, 2K stamp duty, I know there are more hidden cost, such as

legal fee, Land Reg etc. extacly how much exactly?

please as much detail as possible , many thanks

Hi:

I am plan to buy a 200k house, I need to work out how much cash do i need in my current saving account

I already know there is 20K deposit, and 2K stamp duty. what elese do I need to pay? and how much it will be?

Many thanks

You might want to try a different part of the forum for a question like this - you could even post on the main forum - it might get moved after a while to somewhere else, but would attract attention, and you'll get some answers.

There's nothing wrong with being prepared and knowing how much cash it's all going to take - sorry I can't help you - but I'll be interested in the replies you get for ball park figures for solicitors fees etc...

Hello guys:

I need to work out, how much cash I need in my saving account before buying a 200k house?

at moment, I know there is 20K deposit, 2K stamp duty, I know there are more hidden cost, such as

legal fee, Land Reg etc. extacly how much exactly?

please as much detail as possible , many thanks

I would guess about £4.5k

Mortgage fees £800.00

stamp duty £2,000.00

Solicitor £600

Removal firm £500.00

Surveyor £500.00

Edited by twatmangle

I would guess about �4.5k

Mortgage fees �800.00

stamp duty �2,000.00

Solicitor �600

Removal firm �500.00

Surveyor �500.00

Having looked into this (and I live in the provinces not London), I would say at least £1000 bfor the mortgage. Stamp duty is correct, You need to double the solicitor. £600 will cover the solicitor (including land registry fees and other fees) perhaps on the internet but for a solicitor you can phone you are looking at £1,200. Removal firm and surveyor are roughly what i found to the the case. If the HIP is more than 6 months old then add £200 for the searches.

Edited by HPCbeliever

Having looked into this (and I live in the provinces not London), I would say at least £1000 bfor the mortgage. Stamp duty is correct, You need to double the solicitor. £600 will cover the solicitor (including land registry fees and other fees) perhaps on the internet but for a solicitor you can phone you are looking at £1,200. Removal firm and surveyor are roughly what i found to the the case. If the HIP is more than 6 months old then add £200 for the searches.

I'm currently in the process of buying a house... in fact we are due to complete any time now. I have until 5pm to make my final decision whether to go ahead.

These are my figures for this purchase. (Note that we are not selling, only buying, so I should have mentioned this.)