House Price Crash Forum
tahoma

Black Monday

Down 1.88% in a few minutes.

You can all mock, but I remember the good old days, when we got a 'BLACK ***DAY' thread about every 32 hours. Those were the days. They sold them in jars. And you got the broken bits for free. etc.

You think that's bad take a look at the DAX? That must be the evidence that they're "coming out of recession" that we've been hearing about. :blink:

[EQUITIES] are falling even faster now with the Dax showing a three-figure loss as the DJII future drops like a stone and is currently quoted 161 points lower at 9160, after having already hit a 9124 trough. The Dax is around 2% lower at 5205 with consumer goods off nearly 4% while the rest of the sectors show broad-based losses of between 1% and 1.7%.

You can all mock, but I remember the good old days, when we got a 'BLACK ***DAY' thread about every 32 hours. Those were the days. They sold them in jars. And you got the broken bits for free. etc.

Yebbut you have to call it before the start of the day!

Another buying opportunity coming up this autumn?

This is all about the dire U.S. consumer figures coming out towards the end of last week.

You can forget about any recovery if the US consumer figures don't start to turn around and the world markets know it.

:lol: Don't forget it started on Aug, 14:

August 14, 2009

You think that's bad take a look at the DAX? That must be the evidence that they're "coming out of recession" that we've been hearing about. :blink:

Since when do stock markets actually reflect the state of an economy?

My heavily invested stock is holding up fine :)

Fish? or chicken?

Guest Steve Cook
Since when do stock markets actually reflect the state of an economy?

In the end, despite all the machinations and manipulations by our illustrious ruling elites, they must...

Edited by Steve Cook

Hear that whooooshing sound?

That'll be the sound of the dollar backdraft sucking liquidity out of the system.............

The current atmosphere is very weird, it has the same fell as when the sh1t hit the fan with NR and it all went sour. Maybe it's me, but it feels like everyone is treading water and tiredness is setting in. I know I'll probably get berated for such musings, as it's 'statless' but that's how I'm interpreting the current feel of the whole situation. It's just a feeling that there aren't enough finders to plug the dyke. :ph34r:

The current atmosphere is very weird, it has the same fell as when the sh1t hit the fan with NR and it all went sour. Maybe it's me, but it feels like everyone is treading water and tiredness is setting in. I know I'll probably get berated for such musings, as it's 'statless' but that's how I'm interpreting the current feel of the whole situation. It's just a feeling that there aren't enough finders to plug the dyke. :ph34r:

Don't know what you do for a living Stew but in the B2B world it is exactly the same, I know it's August but there is a general malaise around I think centred on the fact that nothing is fixed yet and yet the media is saying otherwise.

Don't know what you do for a living Stew but in the B2B world it is exactly the same, I know it's August but there is a general malaise around I think centred on the fact that nothing is fixed yet and yet the media is saying otherwise.

In business I always call these two weeks the "Dogdays" It's the same every year and corresponds to the news silly season. Just waiting for a major celeb to wipe themselves out in a spectacular *car/plane/helicopter/lawn mower/food blender crash.

* Delete as appropriate