House Price Crash Forum

Black Monday

tahoma

[EQUITIES] are falling even faster now with the Dax showing a three-figure loss as the DJII future drops like a stone and is currently quoted 161 points lower at 9160, after having already hit a 9124 trough. The Dax is around 2% lower at 5205 with consumer goods off nearly 4% while the rest of the sectors show broad-based losses of between 1% and 1.7%.

Down 1.88% in a few minutes.

You can all mock, but I remember the good old days, when we got a 'BLACK ***DAY' thread about every 32 hours. Those were the days. They sold them in jars. And you got the broken bits for free. etc.

Yebbut you have to call it before the start of the day!

Another buying opportunity coming up this autumn?

Guest Steve Cook
Since when do stock markets actually reflect the state of an economy?

In the end, despite all the machinations and manipulations by our illustrious ruling elites, they must...

Edited by Steve Cook

The current atmosphere is very weird, it has the same fell as when the sh1t hit the fan with NR and it all went sour. Maybe it's me, but it feels like everyone is treading water and tiredness is setting in. I know I'll probably get berated for such musings, as it's 'statless' but that's how I'm interpreting the current feel of the whole situation. It's just a feeling that there aren't enough finders to plug the dyke. :ph34r:

The current atmosphere is very weird, it has the same fell as when the sh1t hit the fan with NR and it all went sour. Maybe it's me, but it feels like everyone is treading water and tiredness is setting in. I know I'll probably get berated for such musings, as it's 'statless' but that's how I'm interpreting the current feel of the whole situation. It's just a feeling that there aren't enough finders to plug the dyke. :ph34r:

Don't know what you do for a living Stew but in the B2B world it is exactly the same, I know it's August but there is a general malaise around I think centred on the fact that nothing is fixed yet and yet the media is saying otherwise.

Don't know what you do for a living Stew but in the B2B world it is exactly the same, I know it's August but there is a general malaise around I think centred on the fact that nothing is fixed yet and yet the media is saying otherwise.

In business I always call these two weeks the "Dogdays" It's the same every year and corresponds to the news silly season. Just waiting for a major celeb to wipe themselves out in a spectacular *car/plane/helicopter/lawn mower/food blender crash.

* Delete as appropriate