House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cinnamon

Bob Dylan Racially Profiled By Us Police

'Residents called to complain there was an old scruffy man acting suspiciously,' said officer Spencer. 'It was an odd request because it was mid-afternoon. But it's an ethnic Latin area and the residents felt he didn't fit in.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/bigbr...sic-legend.html

I guess now that racism is so openly rife in all communities that people phone the cops the moment they see someone not of their race walk down the street in 'their' area, that even old hippie saints like Bob Dylan get harassed by account of being too old and too white in the latin part of town, we finally have reached the much desired state of perfect equality where even racism is colour blind.

Guest DisposableHeroes
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/bigbr...sic-legend.html

I guess now that racism is so openly rife in all communities that people phone the cops the moment they see someone not of their race walk down the street in 'their' area, that even old hippie saints like Bob Dylan get harassed by account of being too old and too white in the latin part of town, we finally have reached the much desired state of perfect equality where even racism is colour blind.

'The Times They Are A-Changin'

So it's ok for a person not to fit in because their skin is white ?

Fair enough. So why does that not work the other way around ? Cake and eat it springs to mind....

from the times ive been to america, if you dont have a car and are walking youre automatically assumed to be some sort of drifter. I walked from a Holiday Inn type place to a shopping Mall maybe half a mile away and people look at you like youre some sort of alien. No 'sidewalks' or anything, and it was mixed in with residential development. Walking, whats that?

from the times ive been to america, if you dont have a car and are walking youre automatically assumed to be some sort of drifter. I walked from a Holiday Inn type place to a shopping Mall maybe half a mile away and people look at you like youre some sort of alien. No 'sidewalks' or anything, and it was mixed in with residential development. Walking, whats that?

The place where Dylan got harassed had fine sidewalks alright, but, Dylan was committing the classic offense of 'loitering with intent to cross the road whilst being white'.

The 'times are not a-changing', but they are rapidly reverting to the nasty bad old days when everyone openly hated everyone else.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/today/reports/...s/oldham1.shtml

An investigation for Today has found disturbing evidence that Asian youths in parts of Oldham are trying to create no go areas for white people.

Last year the police investigated record levels of racist attacks in Oldham.Of the 572 cases, 60% turned out to be white victims.

Pakistanis make up the majority on the Glodwick estate just west of the town centre. Some youths speak the language of racial hatred. It's not clear whether this is bravado but their message is blunt... white people keep out.

Isn't multiculturalism/mass immigration such a wonderful concept?

"Bob Dylan Racially Profiled By Us Police" says the thread title.

"Bob Dylan Racially Profiled By Civilians" say the facts.

The cops took the bigot who called seriously and proceeded to harass Dylan, and so, it was teamwork...

Can you imagine calling the police anywhere and saying: "This is a white area and there is a suspicious, scruffy looking black guy walking down our street, can you come out and check him out?" Do you honestly think the police would not quite rightly tell you that walking the street is no offence and that they don't have time to faff around with nonsense like that?

How about just realising that there are a lot more bigots than you think and that this very behaviour breeds more bigotry and that the end result will be a nation of paranoid bigots who don't trust each other at all anymore?

The cops took the bigot who called seriously and proceeded to harass Dylan, and so, it was teamwork...

Can you imagine calling the police anywhere and saying: "This is a white area and there is a suspicious, scruffy looking black guy walking down our street, can you come out and check him out?" Do you honestly think the police would not quite rightly tell you that walking the street is no offence and that they don't have time to faff around with nonsense like that?

How about just realising that there are a lot more bigots than you think and that this very behaviour breeds more bigotry and that the end result will be a nation of paranoid bigots who don't trust each other at all anymore?

I know there are paranoid bigots, so when I saw your title "Bob Dylan Racially Profiled By Us Police but manages to conduct himself with grace, unlike some" I wondered why you were trying to mislead, and who you wanted people to think the "some" are. I decided to wave some facts at your disinformation.

I probably wouldn't call the police if I saw someone scruffy walking around but people have done. I remember a story about a famous black guy with dreadlocks (it was either Benjamin Zephania or Oliver Skeete) who had recently moved to a quiet country village. He was walking down a country lane when a police car pulled up and told him they'd had a complaint. Naturally, he conducted himself with grace.

I remember a story about a famous black guy with dreadlocks (it was either Benjamin Zephania or Oliver Skeete) who had recently moved to a quiet country village.

Benjamin Zephania is a far-left activist linked to the ALF. If you see him walking around your neighbourhood its probably a good idea to keep an eye on him.

I know there are paranoid bigots, so when I saw your title "Bob Dylan Racially Profiled By Us Police but manages to conduct himself with grace, unlike some" I wondered why you were trying to mislead, and who you wanted people to think the "some" are. I decided to wave some facts at your disinformation.

I probably wouldn't call the police if I saw someone scruffy walking around but people have done. I remember a story about a famous black guy with dreadlocks (it was either Benjamin Zephania or Oliver Skeete) who had recently moved to a quiet country village. He was walking down a country lane when a police car pulled up and told him they'd had a complaint. Naturally, he conducted himself with grace.

I was referring to a certain Mr. Gates who is a Professor of Black Studies in Harvard, who was seen appearing to break an entry by a passer-by who happend to work in this area. The police that turned up was racially abused by him and accused of targetting him for his race and treated to 'yo mama' jokes as well as to a display of indignation along the lines of 'do you know how I am'. Then Obama decided to play the bigot in chief and weighed in before he had all the facts, discrediting the police as racist, and after much hissing and spitting from all sides, it all ended in a beers and general embarrassment all round, sobering up a lot of people who had very much hoped that we're past this old fashioned racist grief mongering and special pleading.

There are a number of things happening in those stories, but, as you can see, when people think that others are out to get them, or when they decide to take revenge on strangers because of their race, nothing good ever comes from it.

And kudos to everyone who manages to behave normally in this world without a racial reaction and fears (valid or imagined) clouding their thinking or degrading their behaviour (as Dylan (and many other people, lots of non-famous dreadlock wearers too) demonstrated admirably so), but let's not gloss over the fact that every racial group has a number of racist poison dwarves who hold a grudge against the world in general and who will happily poison the atmosphere for all of us.

Rascism ironically is colourblind, and if you care anything for getting along with everyone, then everyone has to be on the guard for that and stamp on the beginnings of it, when they happen, there and then.

EDIT: no post without typos...

Guest X-QUORK
I was referring to a certain Mr. Gates who is a Professor of Black Studies in Harvard, who was seen appearing to break an entry by a passer-by who happend to work in this area. The police that turned up was racially abused by him and accused of targetting him for his race and treated to 'yo mama' jokes as well as to a display of indignation along the lines of 'do you know how I am'. Then Obama decided to play the bigot in chief and weighed in before he had all the facts, discrediting the police as racist, and after much hissing and spitting from all sides, it all ended in a beers and general embarrassment all round, sobering up a lot of people who had very much hoped that we're past this old fashioned racist grief mongering and special pleading.

There are a number of things happening in those stories, but, as you can see, when people think that others are out to get them, or when they decide to take revenge on strangers because of their race, nothing good ever comes from it.

And kudos to everyone who manages to behave normally in this world without a racial reaction and fears (valid or imagined) clouding their thinking or degrading their behaviour (as Dylan (and many other people, lots of non-famous dreadlock wearers too) demonstrated admirably so), but let's not gloss over the fact that every racial group has a number of racist poison dwarves who hold a grudge against the world in general and who will happily poison the atmosphere for all of us.

Rascism ironically is colourblind, and if you care anything for getting along with everyone, then everyone has to be on the guard for that and stamp on the beginnings of it, when they happen, there and then.

EDIT: no post without typos...

+1

Good post.

apologies in advance for my silly question. But what is "black studies"? Ifit has professors in harvard teaching/researching it how come I've never come across it in academia in Europe?

erm... I just googled "black studies" and got back 385k links :o:huh::o

no wonder "the west" is collapsing if this stuff is taken seriously! I mean, west-african studies, "horn of africa studies, bantu studies, etc... all seem like perfectly "normal" subjects to me.. but what the hell is "black studies"????

John Denver ?

john-denver.jpg

To be fair - if that black **** walked past my house I would be calling 911 as quick as you could say....... 911.

I just cant trust his big lips and dodgy looks. Definite scruffy ****.