House Price Crash Forum

House Prices To Rise 50% By 2014 Says Indy Today

HOLA441

http://www.independent.co.uk/money/mortgag...ts-1772397.html

Check this out for top notch ramping

sample quote:

Mandy Bradley, director of propertyforecasts.co.uk,

believes these attractive qualities could help push prices up 50 per cent by 2014, although this is still considerably lower than the annual 30 per cent hikes seen during the recent boom.

:lol:

and even better

Location location: Where to buy

Average predicted growth over five years

Houses:

Ebbw Vale (Gwent) 50%

Liphook (Hants): 48%

Bagshot (Surrey): 44.5%

Shefford (Beds) 44%

Dronfield (Derbys): 36%

York (Yorkshire) 35%

Ellesmere Port (Ches): 33%

Salford (Manchester): 32%

Flats & maisonettes:

Bagshot (Surrey) 49%

Abergele (N Wales): 45%

Gateshead (Tyne & W) 33%

Altrincham (Cheshire): 30%

Source: www.propertyforecasts.co.uk

I think Sibley must have a new job as editor of the Independent money section

FFS

Edited by Maddog21

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
I might be being a bit thick, but what were the solid reasons for the 50% rise in five years, is it the rising unemployment level, prospective IR increase, decrease in GDP or some other reason?

im gonna go for unemployment. this has always been a driver for a strong economy.

HOLA443
Guest Daddy Bear
I might be being a bit thick, but what were the solid reasons for the 50% rise in five years, is it the rising unemployment level, prospective IR increase, decrease in GDP or some other reason?

some other reason..

boom-3_image006.jpg

HOLA444

Rich foreign buyers. They have spent a lifetime dreaming of a house in Shefford, Dronfield, Ellesmere Port, Salford or Abergele. It'll be the full employment and tropical weather in the UK that swings it for them. :)

Nomadd

HOLA445

this is the funniest article i've read on houseprices for ages

unreal

check out the advise

Reconsider everything before buying

It's an old cliché, but don't let your heart rule your head. Even if a property seems ideal – and in an area you believe is on the up – make sure you're not persuaded into paying over the odds. The property market is notoriously unpredictable, so being cautious could save you a fortune. Make sure you have read the Home Information Packs and revisit your research before making a final decision.

An idiots guide to losing money

This has got a two page spread in the Indy today

It is the biggest VI article of the year

HOLA446

Rise by 50%, that means by 2014 nationwide average prices will be 230k from current level of 154k, which requires an average rise of 10k per quarter until 2014! The rise is faster than any time in the past, See graph below for the out of the hat prediction of hyper inflation:

Prediction.JPG

post-552-1250344414_thumb.jpg

Edited by moosetea

HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest Daddy Bear
This is an American graph about US dollar supply. This is a UK site where the majority will be buying in GBP.

Got the equivalent graph for the UK?

Irrelevant

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Rise by 50%, that means by 2014 nationwide average prices will be 230k from current level of 154k, which requires an average rise of 10k per quarter until 2014! The rise is faster than any time in the past, See graph below for the out of the hat prediction of hyper inflation:

10k a quarter or £3333 rises per month assuming it starts today? Oh that's plausible.

The more this insane level of ramping is sanctioned by these powerful people the more i buy into conspiracy theories. NO EDITOR could believe this is anywhere near likely so how can it be printed unless it is a part of an agenda? Something is really going down.

HOLA4411
http://www.independent.co.uk/money/mortgag...ts-1772397.html

Check this out for top notch ramping

sample quote:

Mandy Bradley, director of propertyforecasts.co.uk,

believes these attractive qualities could help push prices up 50 per cent by 2014, although this is still considerably lower than the annual 30 per cent hikes seen during the recent boom.

:lol:

and even better

Location location: Where to buy

Average predicted growth over five years

Houses:

Ebbw Vale (Gwent) 50%

Bagshot (Surrey): 44.5%

Shefford (Beds) 44%

Dronfield (Derbys): 36%

York (Yorkshire) 35%

Ellesmere Port (Ches): 33%

Salford (Manchester): 32%

Flats & maisonettes:

Bagshot (Surrey) 49%

Abergele (N Wales): 45%

Gateshead (Tyne & W) 33%

Altrincham (Cheshire): 30%

Source: www.propertyforecasts.co.uk

I think Sibley must have a new job as editor of the Independent money section

FFS

An excellent article, a little on the conservative side for my liking though, supply and demand will ramp prices far higher than this by 2014, id say more like a 75 percent jump is more likely across the board.

HOLA4412
An excellent article, a little on the conservative side for my liking though, supply and demand will ramp prices far higher than this by 2014, id say more like a 75 percent jump is more likely across the board.

Civil war it is then. Nice to know I dont have to pay anyone a pension :)

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
10k a quarter or £3333 rises per month assuming it starts today? Oh that's plausible.

The more this insane level of ramping is sanctioned by these powerful people the more i buy into conspiracy theories. NO EDITOR could believe this is anywhere near likely so how can it be printed unless it is a part of an agenda? Something is really going down.

House prices are really going down, really shockingly low down, for people too young to remember or for those who should know better, but have convinced themselves there has been some permanent paradigm shift in the way houses are valued, what is coming will really put them off their breakfast. The VI`s are scared, people will panic and there will be much defaulting on loans, and much anger at the "experts" who sold and encouraged these loans. The only weapon the VI`s have is scaring people onto the ladder, surprisingly (or maybe not surprisingly) there are many in the UK prepared to hang on the "experts" every word and respond to their previous brainwash session (10 years+ of relentless BUY BUY BUY pumping out of TV`s and radios and the mouths of family BTL`ers and other assorted muppets as well as newspapers trumpeting the desired lifestyle and how much you should pay for it) by jumping in when they can get the finance.

To prevent total meltdown the banks need people tripping over themselves to get loans when prices start their long drop to the bottom, the banks are hoping that masses of applications will provide a few hundred thousand "good prospects". If people don`t take the bait and become victims of "credit revulsion" then the bankers are out of business. When you see crazy articles like this you know the end-game is close. Either way, I think the end-game for the present system is close anyway no matter what the VI`s do? And can they dig any "good prospects" out of the ashes of the UK sheeple debt junkie generation?

HOLA4415

The monopoly board in your mind maybe my friend, not in the real world though. Have you walked/driven round Edinburgh recently? The supply and demand lie is blown clean out of the water.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

you bears are so pessimistic...houses prices to double by 2014.

thatll be only 14 times salary mortgages....

HOLA4419
House prices are really going down, really shockingly low down, for people too young to remember or for those who should know better, but have convinced themselves there has been some permanent paradigm shift in the way houses are valued, what is coming will really put them off their breakfast. The VI`s are scared, people will panic and there will be much defaulting on loans, and much anger at the "experts" who sold and encouraged these loans. The only weapon the VI`s have is scaring people onto the ladder, surprisingly (or maybe not surprisingly) there are many in the UK prepared to hang on the "experts" every word and respond to their previous brainwash session (10 years+ of relentless BUY BUY BUY pumping out of TV`s and radios and the mouths of family BTL`ers and other assorted muppets as well as newspapers trumpeting the desired lifestyle and how much you should pay for it) by jumping in when they can get the finance.

To prevent total meltdown the banks need people tripping over themselves to get loans when prices start their long drop to the bottom, the banks are hoping that masses of applications will provide a few hundred thousand "good prospects". If people don`t take the bait and become victims of "credit revulsion" then the bankers are out of business. When you see crazy articles like this you know the end-game is close. Either way, I think the end-game for the present system is close anyway no matter what the VI`s do? And can they dig any "good prospects" out of the ashes of the UK sheeple debt junkie generation?

+1

Well said.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
I'm just a little curious as to who is going to push prices up in York, seeing as the main employers in the yorkshire region have been shedding jobs left right and centre and have no intention of re-employing people any time soon.

easy, borrowers on 100 times JSA income loans.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Guest Daddy Bear
Really, so dollar inflation means guaranteed sterling inflation?

If the dollar tanks every currency will go with it.

My own opinion is the government will make a formal devaluation of the US $ overnight.

Much more orderly.

Bigger gains for those who are able to get on the right side of the trade.

Banks will be closed - an enforced bank holiday.

It is looking like this may be the only solution to the banking crisis.

HOLA4425