House Price Crash Forum

Goodbye

HOLA441

I've completed on a house purchase. I'd mentioned before that we'd had an offer accepted(can't find that thread - if someone does then I'd have no problme) and after a long time we have bought.

In fact the sellers panicked and lobbed a further £5,000 off the price.

Nice house, no mortgage, close to the station. Yes, I do think that if we waited we could have got this cheaper (much cheaper), but frankly I'm relieved to be at a point when I don't need to worry about house prices any more.

This site kept me sane when everyone was telling me that I was mad. I have gone too early (and I would not have purchased with a mortgage) but I'm now free. Good luck to everyone who's staying on the train for the rest of the line.

HOLA442
HOLA443
I've completed on a house purchase. I'd mentioned before that we'd had an offer accepted(can't find that thread - if someone does then I'd have no problme) and after a long time we have bought.

Nice house, no mortgage, close to the station. Yes, I do think that if we waited we could have got this cheaper (much cheaper), but frankly I'm relieved to be at a point when I don't need to worry about house prices any more.

This site kept me sane when everyone was telling me that I was mad. I have gone too early (and I would not have purchased with a mortgage) but I'm now free. Good luck to everyone who's staying on the train for the rest of the line.

goodbye.

debt free is the way to be.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Debt free eh! I doff my hat in your general direction, and wish a few million of my fellow countryfolk had been even a little bit as prudent these last 6 years. ATB.

HOLA446

Splitter!!

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Thats the important bit.

HOLA4415
And the people on here aren't already mental?????

Let's get this straight.

Media, Government, Finance, National Builders, Hidden Landowners are the people who are "Mental" with greed - but it's all in the Bible if you bother to look!

Congrats on finding the place for you - bought outright!

Don't forget pop pickers, there are 10's of 1000's out there with the bank repo man knockin' on their door.

Even with a bank mortgage -

You merely rent - till you pay every cent!(with grotesque interest)

HOLA4416

Adios Amigo

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Because this place was keeping my sanity when I could have bought with a mortgage.

If I stay I'll buy gold and beans and bury them in our new garden.

Hehe, but if you don't stay you won't know which to buy more of.

Well done for getting a place mortgage free, now do your patriotic duty, get leveraged and go splurge on lots of tat that will break and be discarded long before you manage to pay off the debt.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

You are right that if you had waited a couple of years - maybe more - you would have got the house cheaper and probably had a lump sum as well - but the point is - you made an informed choice - and if you are happy with that then all best wishes. The sad ones are the one's who aren't informed - like my colleagues' son who is going into a first time buyers mortgage with a deposit from his mum of £30k and still has a mortgage of £180k and thinks he has a good deal....

Btw have just agreed to waive maintenance payments from my ex as he is stuggling with his £200k mortgage as he has gone onto three day week and new wifey is on short term contract. Needless to say they are a little stretched- luckily for him I have never been interested in buying a house since we divorced and so I can afford to be a bit magnanimous...funny really - I rent on one wage , he buys on two (at the time), yet I feel much better off....

I have no inclination whatsoever to get back into the housing market. Ever. Interesting to watch the bun fight from the sidelines though..

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Btw have just agreed to waive maintenance payments from my ex as he is stuggling with his £200k mortgage as he has gone onto three day week and new wifey is on short term contract. Needless to say they are a little stretched- luckily for him I have never been interested in buying a house since we divorced and so I can afford to be a bit magnanimous...funny really - I rent on one wage , he buys on two (at the time), yet I feel much better off....

You have your own life, a decent income. Why were you accepting maintenance? Kids? Opportunity cost?