House Price Crash Forum
ScaredEitherWay

Quick, Buy In Bagshot, Liphook Or Salford...

They may not appear to have much in common, but Bagshot in Surrey, Liphook in Hampshire, and Salford in Greater Manchester are all places where house prices are predicted to rise over the next five years.

These potentially lucrative locations, along with Gateshead in Tyne and Wear, Dronfield in Derbyshire, and Ebbw Vale in Gwent, have been tipped to recover quickest from the slump by propertyforecasts.co.uk.

Whole article is huge ... didn't want to overload the old copy/paste functions (and create some 3' long posting that 83 people then decide it's a good idea to copy before posting their own 2 word responses).

http://www.independent.co.uk/money/mortgag...ts-1772397.html

Edited by ScaredEitherWay

http://www.propertyforecasts.co.uk/

Property Professionals & Investors

For a quarterly fixed fee, you can look at any number of forecasts, locally or regionally, to check out where you next plan to invest.

Invest.

Invest.

Invest.

There, I've said it enough times.... therefore it's true....

Forgot the best bit:

How accurate are these forecasts? Can one believe them? Obviously, in these turbulent times for property, forecasting is uniquely difficult. But we do publish historic accuracy statistics annually, as well as provide a guide to historic accuracy for every neighbourhood and town forecast we make.

Edited by Dubai

Maidstone.... don't forget maidstone, property is forecast to go up 200% there in the next month

How do they forecast these rises? Do they just pull a number out of a hat?

Location location: Where to buy

Average predicted growth over five years

Houses:

Ebbw Vale (Gwent) 50%

Liphook (Hants): 48%

Bagshot (Surrey): 44.5%

Shefford (Beds) 44%

Dronfield (Derbys): 36%

York (Yorkshire) 35%

Ellesmere Port (Ches): 33%

Salford (Manchester): 32%

Flats & maisonettes:

Bagshot (Surrey) 49%

Liphook (Hants): 48%

Abergele (N Wales): 45%

Gateshead (Tyne & W) 33%

Altrincham (Cheshire): 30%

Source: www.propertyforecasts.co.uk

32% growth predicted for Salford over the next five years is ridiculous and totally in the realms of fantasy. Any person that were to believe such a thing and buy a house there, must be a suffering from some sort of mental deficiency similar to the people in those news stories in-which members of the public climb into bear cages at the zoo because they think the animal is big and cuddly.

Edited by enrieb

Scared... why have you removed your avatar? I thought it was rather nice...!

I never had an Avatar ... must have been a site default.

There have b een site changes in the last couple of weeks - it must have gone during those changes.

*shrugs*

I didn't even notice to be honest :)

Perhaps they have a dinner party and all write down where they have investments .. .or, BTLs, and that's the list.

It never ceases to amaze me how seemingly intelligent people can be taken in by this kind of ramping. What it tells you is that despite unprecedented meltdowns, bankruptcies, money printing and a huge loss to the tax payer, plus a price crash that has barely even begun, a large proportion of the UK population STILL thinks property is an investment in the short term.

This time there is simply no excuse to be taken in by this drivel. Anyone who buys in response to this kind of ramping fully deserves to lose a fortune and end up on a park bench with old copies of the FT to keep the chill away.

Edited by VacantPossession

32% growth predicted for Salford over the next five years is ridiculous and totally in the realms of fantasy. Any person that were to believe such a thing and buy a house there, must be a suffering from some sort of mental deficiency similar to the people in those news stories in-which members of the public climb into bear cages at the zoo because they think the animal is a big and cuddly.
Or they are simply pricing in all that BBC money from their employees' relocation ploughing into the area.

Ignoring of course, that if they do actually make the move, they will all move to Didsbury and Hale anyway. Living in the UK equivalent of Mogadishu, except the locals are harder to understand and lesser armed (in Mogadishu) will not appeal to some lefties in the Beeb. So they will basically move to Islington on Mersey.

Or they are simply pricing in all that BBC money from their employees' relocation ploughing into the area.

Ignoring of course, that if they do actually make the move, they will all move to Didsbury and Hale anyway. Living in the UK equivalent of Mogadishu, except the locals are harder to understand and lesser armed (in Mogadishu) will not appeal to some lefties in the Beeb. So they will basically move to Islington on Mersey.

I'd have said they're pricing in the beeb money (mistakenly) and also the 650 million donated by the taxpayer to the central salford initiative.

Maidstone.... don't forget maidstone, property is forecast to go up 200% there in the next month

Don't be daft, 300% by next Friday for sure, if 2 more people are seen flooding into Bluewater shopping mall you can count on 350% easy, do keep up!

I honestly believe that in the next 2-3 years house prices will rise to 2007 levels.

I doubt they will increase more than that. That is the ceiling. This year may see a 3% drop on graphs like they say and recovering next year.

There won't be any crash and like wise houses won't rise 30% or anything for a few years.

Wow.

Now that's insightful.

Where do you stand on hyper-inflation or deflation, Sibs?

Do you think we're headed for a Weimar Republic or do you subscribe to the Elliot Wave theory?

Or doesn't any of that matter because people who don't want to sell their houses cheaply won't and that's the end of it?

I'm no expert, believe me, but you take ignorance to a new level...