House Price Crash Forum
gruffydd

Amazing German Machines Lead Europe Out Of Recession

And the Lely Group of the Netherlands has invented a machine that milks cows without human intervention.

But in Britain we have a miracle machine that milks humans without human intervention. We call it "The City"

But in Britain we have a miracle machine that milks humans without human intervention. We call it "The City"

Bum Bum! :lol:

:lol:

"Lely has already sold some 7,000 of its robot milkers worldwide. Cows learn to sidle up to the $300,000 (€210,187)-plus devices on their own when their udders feel full, letting themselves in and out of a special stall to do so. For the first time since man domesticated animals, farmers don't have to rise before dawn to milk the herd. Jutta Schemmerling, who owns a farm with 90 cows in the town of Ober-Mörlen north of Frankfurt, says she has more time to spend with her seven-year-old son since installing two Lely robot milkers last year. "It makes a difference in the quality of life," she says."

So Jutta spent $600,000 on machinery to milk only 90 cows ??????????

Does that make any sense ?

I'm a bit rusty on this but 90 cows would take one worker 3 hours, agricultural wages in Germany about $12 per hour, so $36 per milking session. Doesn't seem to add up too me, if he had 400 cows and the one parlour could milk them all, then ok, but 90 cows, lazy bugger.

Steigen Sie aus meinem Land aus, (get orfff my land)

I'm a bit rusty on this but 90 cows would take one worker 3 hours, agricultural wages in Germany about $12 per hour, so $36 per milking session. Doesn't seem to add up too me, if he had 400 cows and the one parlour could milk them all, then ok, but 90 cows, lazy bugger.

Steigen Sie aus meinem Land aus, (get orfff me land)

Fixed.

Guest sillybear2

Yup, it's nothing we don't already have in the Square Mile :-

"Customers at Legoland in Denmark and other amusement parks now sit in seats attached to giant robot arms that hurl them in unpredictable directions."

"Lely has already sold some 7,000 of its robot milkers worldwide. Cows learn to sidle up to the $300,000 (€210,187)-plus devices on their own when their udders feel full, letting themselves in and out of a special stall to do so. For the first time since man domesticated animals, farmers don't have to rise before dawn to milk the herd. Jutta Schemmerling, who owns a farm with 90 cows in the town of Ober-Mörlen north of Frankfurt, says she has more time to spend with her seven-year-old son since installing two Lely robot milkers last year. "It makes a difference in the quality of life," she says."

7000 litres/cow/year

90 cows

630000 litres a year, machine is probably good for 5 years, doesnt add up to me.. unless he thinks wholesale milk prices are going to skyrocket over the next 5yrs :ph34r:

If you have to bring someone in for 8 hour shifts, and total cost of employment is $40 an hour.. with all the taxes, overhead, vacation time, sick days, benefits, etc..

That is $320 a day, times 365 days a year as the cows need to be milked year round. Which is around 100k per year.

Also with interest rates so low it makes financing these things easy.

Edited by aa3

It seems a "shame" that all the new machines are just replacing regular folk doing their trade. A fork-lift truck driver isn't going to re-train as a lawyer I doubt.

Yes, we need a different system than the current one to take into account the massive automation happening. I've been trying to warn people that this recession is different, there will be no end to the downturn in jobs this time. As the jobs simply aren't going to exist. My answer is the social credit national dividend.

Even if the fork-lift truck driver somehow could retrain as a lawyer which I agree is very unlikely, reality is lawyers are finding themselves unemployed as we already have too many lawyers.

With an economic system designed for mass automation, these creations are so beneficial to society. They allow us to enjoy the same level of consumption but with less labour. The leisure dividend that its obvious the machines should be providing. But on the current system a person like an automobile factory worker loses their job, as a wonderous machine replaces him. What happens now is he is impovershed, and of course reduces his spending accordingly. This causes a contraction elsewhere in business, like for example he can't afford to buy a new car anymore.

If you have to bring someone in for 8 hour shifts, and total cost of employment is $40 an hour.. with all the taxes, overhead, vacation time, sick days, benefits, etc..

That is $320 a day, times 365 days a year as the cows need to be milked year round. Which is around 100k per year.

Also with interest rates so low it makes financing these things easy.

Add in the scrappage scheme, so the government hands you 200,000 for three wrinkly milkmaids, then it all makes sense.

Add in the scrappage scheme, so the government hands you 200,000 for three wrinkly milkmaids, then it all makes sense.

Wonder how depreciation tax credits work on older human farm equipment, like milkmaids.

Wonder how depreciation tax credits work on older human farm equipment, like milkmaids.

i think they start off looking like the Injin avatar, and work back from there.

I just bought some Rockshox Pike Air forks from Germany. Rockshox is an American company, but the forks are sourced and manufactured in Taiwan. They arrived in 3 days, perfectly packaged, no customs to pay because they are EU. Despite Euro/Pound parity they cost £150 less than the same forks in the UK. So I bought them.. helped out the German economy...

Edited by IwantaHome

Guest sillybear2
It seems a "shame" that all the new machines are just replacing regular folk doing their trade. A fork-lift truck driver isn't going to re-train as a lawyer I doubt.

Shame, because the lawyers will have a field day the moment the robot fork-lift cuts a dozen people down at 25mph in reverse.

Guest sillybear2
7000 litres/cow/year

90 cows

630000 litres a year, machine is probably good for 5 years, doesnt add up to me.. unless he thinks wholesale milk prices are going to skyrocket over the next 5yrs :ph34r:

Laziness is priceless.