House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jessica Rabbit

Money Into Fund Isa?

Been thinking this stock market rally is unsustainable and is defying logic. Several people in the know are making noises in the press now that it's all going to go pop before the end of the year...so...

We need to boost our FTB deposit. Should we wait for the market to take a dive (I think it will) and then stick some substantial sums in a Fund ISA near the bottom (i.e when no one else will touch it)?

What advice would you give/what should we read up on for investing in a fund ISA?

What should we look at when choosing funds or fund managers?

I don't have much knowledge of this sort of investment so any pointers would be good.

Thanks

J

Last year I put all my cash ISA into Hargreaves Lansdown Vantage Shares ISA. 20 grand quickly became 17 grand and is now up to 23 grand. So it was worth it. Just.

It is worth noting from next year 10200 can be invested per tax year.

Last year I put all my cash ISA into Hargreaves Lansdown Vantage Shares ISA. 20 grand quickly became 17 grand and is now up to 23 grand. So it was worth it. Just.

It is worth noting from next year 10200 can be invested per tax year.

Took the plunge also today. Got sick of the intrest rates, so bought into a few funds of the type generally recomended on here. What the hell, its only money.

Took the plunge also today. Got sick of the intrest rates, so bought into a few funds of the type generally recomended on here. What the hell, its only money.

I'm sticking with the cash ISA as cash, for one reason only: so that if & when I get a mortgage, I can stick the ISA money in an offset account, get the value of it, yet preserve the tax-free status for when the mortgage is paid off.