House Price Crash Forum

Nevermind Fiscal Armageddon

Guest UK Debt Slave

HOLA441
Guest UK Debt Slave

This is a measure of the weird wacky world we are living in

While the global economy collapse around us................................

I bring you the important news that Heinz is redesigning its new tomato ketchup bottle after complaints that it is not squeezy enough.

CRISIS? WHAT CRISIS?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbys...ezy-bottle.html

Forgive me for posting this on the main forum.........

But seriously.......when this is headline news in The Telegraph, one does begin to doubt one's sanity

:lol:

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
when this is headline news in The Telegraph, one does begin to doubt one's sanity

:lol:

There is only purpose of newspaper stories - to sell newspapers. It is totally irrelevant whether the stories are important, or even true.

This one not only caught your attention, but got you publicising the newspaper on their behalf. It's far from insane - it did its job.

HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest UK Debt Slave
There is only purpose of newspaper stories - to sell newspapers. It is totally irrelevant whether the stories are important, or even true.

This one not only caught your attention, but got you publicising the newspaper on their behalf. It's far from insane - it did its job.

Fair play to you

It's a perfectly valid point

But I've had a few beers and it caught my attention. :rolleyes:

HOLA447
Guest sillybear2

It's true, the layers of plastic in the bottle walls kind of separate from each other and make a squeaky noise. It's kept me awake at night to be honest, I'm glad they're on to it.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Being in Canada severely restricts access to British foodstuffs... so imagine my joy when I found Branston Pickle!!!

Imagine my disappointment when I got the bottle home.... and found it was a squeezy bottle....

Imagine my further disappointment when I didn't find a single crunchy bit in it!!!

It's a crime against humanity.... liquid Branston..... when the hell did that happen???

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Come on peeps, someone surely has an opinion about Branston Sludge..... it's way more important than house prices and the economy....!

I am appalled! Still, one thing that is worth doing is working out how to make your own chutney, I knew someone who did this veg chutney that was awesome with peanut butter on toast, you won't go back to Branston after that. No crunchy bits in a chutney, what have we become?

HOLA4412
Being in Canada severely restricts access to British foodstuffs... so imagine my joy when I found Branston Pickle!!!

Imagine my disappointment when I got the bottle home.... and found it was a squeezy bottle....

Imagine my further disappointment when I didn't find a single crunchy bit in it!!!

It's a crime against humanity.... liquid Branston..... when the hell did that happen???

It's probably because they're using the Branston name to flog lots of stuff these days, including baked beans (which I've never bought as I can't get my head around the idea of pickly beans).

Maybe you had the sandwich pickle version? It's a red instead of gold jar lid and has much smaller bits in it.

You know you can pay for UK stuff to be sent over don't you? Apparently they use the insta-fat high fructose corn syrup in the NA Branston products, but use sugar in the UK ones, so I would avoid the local versions and get the real deal sent out to you.

TFH

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417