House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

profitofdoom

How To Get Back At Supermarkets

I always buy the special offers in supermarkets,money off,BOGOF etc.It's a good idea to study the receipt because on about one occasion in three the offer isn't actually carried through and you get overcharged.I make my way to customer services and announce quite loudly "An offence has been committed under the Sale of Goods act".By this time Mrs P is scuttling towards the door.I insist that the item is given to me free not just the offer reinstated with a threat of Trading Standards.

I do find it very hard to believe that these "offers" are quite deliberately not programmed in as a way of majing extra profit.

I always buy the special offers in supermarkets,money off,BOGOF etc.It's a good idea to study the receipt because on about one occasion in three the offer isn't actually carried through and you get overcharged.I make my way to customer services and announce quite loudly "An offence has been committed under the Sale of Goods act".By this time Mrs P is scuttling towards the door.I insist that the item is given to me free not just the offer reinstated with a threat of Trading Standards.

I do find it very hard to believe that these "offers" are quite deliberately not programmed in as a way of majing extra profit.

At uni in Aberystwyth I did 3 months at a DIY store one summer on the checkout (avoiding cursing Welsh for not speaking it). I can easily understand how offers get missed, as the computational input is usually done by computer illiterates.

They wouldn't even give us the control of the till to sort out their F Ups.

Customers still blamed me.

This tip and many more available at MSE - you know, the sight that all HPCers seem to hate! :blink:

Sorry to disappointment, it's just incompetence. Of course, not gutted it people don't notice.

Heres my tip

Buy stuff, eat half of it, take it back and say it tastes off.

They give you another one.

Repeat until they go bankrupt.

LOL that made me chuckle, thanks King S :)

Heres my tip

Buy stuff, eat half of it, take it back and say it tastes off.

They give you another one.

Repeat until they go bankrupt.

even better they usually give you another, plus a voucher or two for the inconvenience of having to come back if you bleat a bit.

I like to break the stems of the loose broccoli before I by it too - sticking it to the man 10 grams at a time.