House Price Crash Forum
SarahBell

Very Happy Today

Well I've had a good laugh anyway!

All the papers at the supermarket seem to incicate the recession is over in the UK too!

Thank goodness for that.

And the local councillor has a letter in the paper saying the housing market is recovering!

So had a good laugh and going to write some fun letters to the paper.

Well I've had a good laugh anyway!

All the papers at the supermarket seem to incicate the recession is over in the UK too!

Thank goodness for that.

And the local councillor has a letter in the paper saying the housing market is recovering!

So had a good laugh and going to write some fun letters to the paper.

Tw@ at work spent his entire inheritance on 25% deposit for a house about 3 months ago, now telling anyone who strays within 10 ft of him how he's really pleased he caught the bottom of the market...

whatever...he will see.

Guest UK Debt Slave
Tw@ at work spent his entire inheritance on 25% deposit for a house about 3 months ago, now telling anyone who strays within 10 ft of him how he's really pleased he caught the bottom of the market...

whatever...he will see.

:lol::lol::lol:

whatever...he will see.

How confident are you?

I bet you wondering did I fire six shots or only five...

Guest happy?

whatever...he will see.

Do you think we will see more inter-generational wealth destruction. We read on here the other day of parents gifting deposits - more and more seem to get sucked in to it.

Well its par for the course in the propaganda matrix. I freak out when my work colleagues start spouting this sort of gibberish, they should know better.

and more if system would allow

I can so picture said twit

Edit: TWIT!!! Who said twit? I said tw@t and i damn well meant tw@t. I don't mind the odd blanking out but i'll not stand for substitutions :angry:

Edited by athom

Guest Daddy Bear

and more if system would allow

I can so picture said twit

Edit: TWIT!!! Who said twit? I said tw@t and i damn well meant tw@t. I don't mind the odd blanking out but i'll not stand for substitutions :angry:

I think you'll find the correct version is technically

tw@

I think you'll find the correct version is technically

tw@

'Hamish' works as well.

whatever...he will see.

Yep, ask him again in August 2011. :rolleyes:

He'll be reaching for a long rope and looking for a tall tree by then and no mistake.

Does buying now make him a tw@ or was that a separate observation of his general character? Personally, I have much sympathy for people in his position and he may yet be proved to have made a good decision.

I'm really struggling to maintain my bearishness at the moment because of "the fear". I suspect he succumb to the same fear. If he loses (long-term, I mine) then I'll feel sorry for him, not condemn him as an idiot. Its hard to be confident in one's own financial predictions when so many "experts" get it so badly wrong.

Oh haha you're so funny.

I bet you laugh up every flight of stairs when you walk to your 108th floor council flat. :lol:

Hey sibbers, posting at five o'clock? Shouldn't you be out showing people round houses? Or is business a bit (108th story) flat?

:lol:

Do you think we will see more inter-generational wealth destruction. We read on here the other day of parents gifting deposits - more and more seem to get sucked in to it.

Yep

Just seeing a recently babied-up friend and her hubby sucking £100-150k off their parents in cash for a deposit on a 4-bed terrace @450k. I blame maternal hormones

Yep

Just seeing a recently babied-up friend and her hubby sucking £100-150k off their parents in cash for a deposit on a 4-bed terrace @450k. I blame maternal hormones

I also blame adverts like this bit of emotional blackmail - Be a GOOD parent!! :ph34r:

DSC00507.JPG

post-17142-1250268251_thumb.jpg

Edited by athom

I value houses for a living. Nobody where I work is rushing to buy. This is the most obvious of suckers rallies. The final proof for any waverers should be that Ztuart Law of Assetz is predicting a 5-10% rise in values by the end of the year. On his track record over the last three years that should indicate an inevitable drop.

Guest happy?
I also blame adverts like this bit of emotional blackmail - Be a GOOD parent!! :ph34r:

That is seriously frightening - the sort of propaganda that would make Goebbels blanch. I wonder how many parents/grandparents for all the right motives will get caught.

Aaaaaahhh, lunch.

Not quite yet with those ones. The older ones are coming along nicely though. Definitely poussin-sized now.

However, the hen that isn't laying anything might be lunch shortly.

A

Oh haha you're so funny.

I bet you laugh up every flight of stairs when you walk to your 108th floor council flat. :lol:

Tetchy, Sibbers? I think you need a bit more sleep, mate. Stop posting at 5am.

That is seriously frightening - the sort of propaganda that would make Goebbels blanch. I wonder how many parents/grandparents for all the right motives will get caught.

I would say quite a few. I work with joe public and joe is buying this green shoots crap pretty well. We are getting nearly as obedient and pliable in our sheepyness as the yanks.