House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob Loblaw

Who Says Education Is Being Dumbed Down?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...-using-bus.html

Yes its the Daily Mail again. Boys get a certificate in using a bus

The certificate recognised, among other skills, his ability to walk to the local bus stop, enter the bus 'in a calm and safe manner', and wait until the bus has stopped before trying to get off.
We think he may go far - so long as he gets the 135.'

Who needs the Daily Mash?

It is astomnishing that someone thought a certificate was necessary for that sort of thing. Certificates have been handed out willy nilly for ridiculous things for years, but I have never heard of a certificate for catching a bus.

Guest theboltonfury
It is astomnishing that someone thought a certificate was necessary for that sort of thing. Certificates have been handed out willy nilly for ridiculous things for years, but I have never heard of a certificate for catching a bus.

You'd have got one for doing it in the Cubs.

You'd have got one for doing it in the Cubs.

I actually wrote that and then edited out before posting!

I think cubs are a bit younger than GCSE age though? Not sure.

I think there's a secret government competition each year for the msot ludicrous idea that gets put into practice.

The winner probably gets promoted to the "publishing bad news on a major events day" team.

:lol:

Guest theboltonfury

about 9/10 I think.

Cycling proficiency anyone? Amazing that I could ride my bike without it since it was regularly described as an absolute essential for a child's safety.

Ah bring back the good old days.

Guest skullingtonjoe
Cycling proficiency anyone? Amazing that I could ride my bike without it since it was regularly described as an absolute essential for a child's safety.

Ah bring back the good old days.

Right. I`m outraged - why the hell can`t they give out awards for keddling?

Next it`ll be certificates for advanced masturbation! :rolleyes:

A certificate, i'd want a ******ing stun gun before you'd get me on public transport, last time I used a bus I came off it high as a kite from all the passive pot smoking.

Its not usually like that, I think you got lucky.

According to the Taxpayers alliance, Britian fell from 7th to 17th in an international comparison of reading literacy betweeen 2000 to 2006.

The only qualifications some young people will get is an ASBO.

Try the Brown Calculator for yourself! {Concentrate now Gordon Concentrate!}

[Make sure the volume is ON]

http://www.tpadata.com/browncalculator/

I told the judge he LOOKED 18 and he told me he was 18, it was just that he only had a little woggle.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...-using-bus.html

Yes its the Daily Mail again. Boys get a certificate in using a bus

Who needs the Daily Mash?

I'm not normally a cat lover, and I don't normally admit to finding anything cute, but your avatar turns me into a big girls blouse with a cherry on top.

There were some interesting comments after that story mainly from parents of special needs kids who had received these types of certificates.I think the kid in this story shouldn't have been entered for that particular certificate.

As for the Daily Mail , they need to think out their comments on educational standards a little bit more carefully.

A few weeks ago on one page they were moaning that 1 in 6 kids weren't reaching reading and writing standards by age 11 but a few pages later they were moaning that 1 in 6 kids in primary schools can't even speak English when they arrive there to receive their education.