House Price Crash Forum

Bill Still's Money Reforum

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you can't make much headway with endless discussions about the existence or non-existence of a chair or whether governments should exist when they inevitably will to the end of time. We just will not allow that nonsense. We would like to exchange information and actually advance the ball down the field.

Someone sent me some great stuff during a debate about the BoE yesterday that I've not seen anywhere else. This is priceless to me.

What do you aim to discuss that cannot be discussed here?
It'll be like HPC on steroids. Anyway Bill's goals have been achieved already, the government have nationalised all the banks. Well done Bill, never before has a political camapaign achieved its aims before its even been set up. ;)

Exactly. It is a sad irony, especially considering someone as intelligent and creative as Bill clearly is (that is very genuine on my part, by the way)

I am sorry bill, but i will never accept ANY monopoly control of money and credit. People should be left to decide what money is, how much they wish to lend, and to whom and at what price they lend it. I do not want governments stealing from me to benefit corrupt special interest. Your system, despite its good intentions, is no better than the current one.

Remeber what Friedman said. The biggest mistake people make is to judge a policy by its intentions, rather than its outcome.

I like to modify that sentence to say 'stated objectives' rather than 'intentions'.

Edited by Where is my pen?

I'm going to bring my friends in and they just won't waste their time when the debate de jour is whether or not the sun will rise the next day.

They just think its nonsense.

Are you going to allow injin on your site bill ?

Well accuracy is not rife in these circles.

I never said govt should nationalize banks -- quite the contrary.

I never said govt should monopolize credit -- quite the contrary.

And as far as "my" system goes, it's not my system. I highlight several systems -- all of which demand that the govt not borrow any more money -- no more national debt -- and that banks must move to full reserve banking. That means that banks can only loan money they actually have. Period! There are many variants thereof. I talk about a lot of them, preferring none.

Exactly. It is a sad irony, especially considering someone as intelligent and creative as Bill clearly is (that is very genuine on my part, by the way)

I am sorry bill, but i will never accept ANY monopoly control of money and credit. People should be left to decide what money is, how much they wish to lend, and to whom and at what price they lend it. I do not want governments stealing from me to benefit corrupt special interest. Your system, despite its good intentions, is no better than the current one.

Remeber what Friedman said. The biggest mistake people make is to judge a policy by its intentions, rather than its outcome.

I like to modify that sentence to say 'stated objectives' rather than 'intentions'.

I don't know what "sailing close to the wind means", but I'm not going to push/advertise my place. Those who know will know. I shall still post and participate here because it's fun and I learn something every day.

no one has really said anything to warrant banning. i believe bill is sailing close to the wind - but, to be fair, DrBubb ramped his his website for ages.
Are you going to allow injin on your site bill ?
no

Bill only allows people on his site who repeat exactly what he posts like parrots.

Bill has repeatedly refused to face the facts, which is why his hpc threads go round in circles for page after page.

facts, evidence and logic will not be tolerated on Bill's site.

I don't know what "sailing close to the wind means", but I'm not going to push/advertise my place. Those who know will know. I shall still post and participate here because it's fun and I learn something every day.

I've learnt a lot from your threads and the debates have been lively and entertaining. Please continue to post. And please don't be put off by the British sense of humor. We like to take the p*ss.

Guest UK Debt Slave
that's my choice. I want a place where you don't have to revert to square one with every post. No progress there.

Some of you lot are being bit harsh aren't ya?

Bill Still gave the world MoneyMasters

That's a great deal more than any of us will achieve

Doesn't mean you have to worship him

Give the guy credibility for Christ's sake

Some of you lot are being bit harsh aren't ya?

Bill Still gave the world MoneyMasters

That's a great deal more than any of us will achieve

Doesn't mean you have to worship him

Give the guy credibility for Christ's sake

I gave him credit for being intelligent and creative. However, as far as I am concerned, his thesis is bunk. It happens sometimes that smart people get lost from time to time and I would urge Bill to take a holiday and have a rethink. It is not all lost, but he seriously needs to take a look at his 'solution'.

Thanks. You know, I've laid myself on the line here -- completely open. I've been accused of all sorts of things, including being a Brit.

I make no pretense at being a high fallutin economist. I just read stuff and connect the dots and I love history. That's it. My conclusions are my own. It's honestly what I think and these guys who only tell me to go take a vacation and rethink.... Why is it I seem to draw this kind of fire?

I've learnt a lot from your threads and the debates have been lively and entertaining. Please continue to post. And please don't be put off by the British sense of humor. We like to take the p*ss.

Ok mateys, bring on me parrots.

You've penetrated my disguise -- the core of the British Pirate Party.

Bill only allows people on his site who repeat exactly what he posts like parrots.

Bill has repeatedly refused to face the facts, which is why his hpc threads go round in circles for page after page.

facts, evidence and logic will not be tolerated on Bill's site.

And as far as "my" system goes, it's not my system. I highlight several systems -- all of which demand that the govt not borrow any more money -- no more national debt -- and that banks must move to full reserve banking. That means that banks can only loan money they actually have. Period! There are many variants thereof. I talk about a lot of them, preferring none.

Bill. One last attempt here to explain this to you.

THERE IS NO NATIONAL DEBT! It is a meaningless accounting record to try to legitimise the extent of the robbery taking place through inflation.

This money will never be paid back. It was NEVER intended to be paid back. It is a slight of hand to get people to BELIEVE it is a real debt, because simply printing the money is too obviousl

The process is simple. The government, instead of printing money directly, it prints a bond and then sells it into the market. At the same time, the central bank (just an arm of the government - and NOT a private bank) simultaneously buys them from the market (with newly printed money) It is a farce Bill! There is no national debt in reality.

Edited by Where is my pen?
Guest UK Debt Slave
I gave him credit for being intelligent and creative. However, as far as I am concerned, his thesis is bunk. It happens sometimes that smart people get lost from time to time and I would urge Bill to take a holiday and have a rethink. It is not all lost, but he seriously needs to take a look at his 'solution'.

But you haven't explained why.

For the record, I'll explain why we will not have debt free money under the current circumstances

Too many people want too much stuff and there isn't enough to go round.

Voila!

People would be fantistically better off under a debt free monetary system

The fatal flaw in the concept today is the finite availability of resources.

Central banks exist to allocate a resource.......money, and the availability or non availability of money controls the affordability and availability of everything else.

That is their raison d'etre.

If you think communism is shite with 6.5 billion people on the planet, prepare for 10 billion people.

Monetary reform is the second most important issue facing mankind

Overpopulation is the first