House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TalkingSense

Is The Stock Market Boom Caused By Qe ?

It is weird that the stock market is booming whilst unemployment is rising and everyone I know is working there backsides off.

Is quantitative easing actually causing the stock markets to boom ?

I'm not sure but Dr Bubb raised a good point the other day...... there are plenty of people with savings in the bank, whether that's from a lifetime's effort, a lottery win or an STR fund....

With the absolutely dismal interest rates (for savers) people are looking elsewhere to try and keep pace with real (not published) inflation.

I think a lot of money has gone into stocks or housing that would otherwise have stayed in the bank earning a comfortable return.

For instance, I have bought a few shares for the first time in my life (and I'm knocking on) because I can see the bit I do have put away dwindling by the day.