House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
loginandtonic

Did Both France & Germany Emerge From Recession

I think the answer is oui and ja.

Our hapless bunch have been Xeroxing the money to keep the property ponzi going and banks up.

How did the continentals manage to do it without QEasying and persecuting savers? Yet our lot are too dumb to manage it.

Here we had to tear up the rule book and encourage more reckless debt taking, reducing the spending power of the prudent, just to bail out the feckless.

Blanchflower, King and the whole lot of them - F**ing amateurs. And I say that even if the French/German figures are a blip. USELESS HERE, BoE = utterly US£L£SS.

[hangs head in shame]

Our hapless bunch have been Xeroxing the money to keep the property ponzi going and banks up.

How did the continentals manage to do it without QEasying and persecuting savers? Yet our lot are too dumb to manage it.

Here we had to tear up the rule book and encourage more reckless debt taking, reducing the spending power of the prudent, just to bail out the feckless.

Blanchflower, King and the whole lot of them - F**ing amateurs. And I say that even if the French/German figures are a blip. USELESS HERE, BoE = utterly US£L£SS.

[hangs head in shame]

If you consider just how low we went towards the end of 08/start of 09, it's no suprise that we should see some improvement. Getting anywhere near 07 again is a very different matter.

Guest Daddy Bear

[hangs head in shame]

How did the continentals manage to do it without QEasying and persecuting savers?

Errrmmmm......sorry ...are you in a parallel universe?

Obviously they stole our QE. Yes, that must be it.

I highly doubt even France/Germany are out of recession, but it stands to reason they will emerge before us, they will come out less burdened by the debts of stimulus and accordingly went into recession more quickly and deeply .

thx for the posts

Errrmmmm......sorry ...are you in a parallel universe?

they apparently did not QE and at 1% savers had an easier time than UK savers. in other EU countries, savings rates are 6%+, eg Poland btw.

why here, to achieve any so-called improvements, do we have to run our economy like spiv wideboys and beat savers up?

[hangs head in shame]

we could significantly improve our GDP output by rounding up all the jeremy-kyle-watching unemployed chavs and sticking them into the meat grinder in iraq or afghanistan.

they may as well be doing something productive.

in cold hearted terms it could be considered an expendable asset....gets the job done quicker for us,and costs us quite a bit less per capita for their sustainance if they do get bumped off.

they are certianly well trained for it,given all the time they've had to play shoot 'em ups on those playstations the taxpayer has generously supplied them.

what HPI have they have in Fr and germ?

That's make an interesting comparison

I think you'll find they had considerably smaller hpi bubbles

The places that had the highest real estate prices will pay the highest price for it

The places that had the highest real estate prices will pay the highest price for it

SO which of the major papers will be the first to point this out?

we could significantly improve our GDP output by rounding up all the jeremy-kyle-watching unemployed chavs and sticking them into the meat grinder in iraq or afghanistan.

they may as well be doing something productive.

in cold hearted terms it could be considered an expendable asset....gets the job done quicker for us,and costs us quite a bit less per capita for their sustainance if they do get bumped off.

they are certianly well trained for it,given all the time they've had to play shoot 'em ups on those playstations the taxpayer has generously supplied them.

I prefer to send the bankers over first, greater savings per person sent. More bang for your buck as it were.

why here, to achieve any so-called improvements, do we have to run our economy like spiv wideboys and beat savers up?

That's not a nice way to talk about Nathaniel :D

That's exactly what Vince Cable said last night on R4 at 5pm.

He noted that Germany and France had the lowest real eastate prices in Europe, which is why they are out of the woods (if they really are) first.

He mentioned the bubble in the UK, Spain and Ireland and the public debt horror of Italy and Greece.

Spot on to be honest.

But which nations did German banks lend to and what was there HPI bubble's like?

Edited by interestrateripoff

The Germans didnt blow 100's of billions on bailing out their banks.

The germans had a bigger stimulus for the car industry, their scrappage scheme dwarfed ours, but was still a drop in the ocean compared to the money we dropped in the banking black hole.

Of course it also helped that the scrappage money was inevitably spent on German cars and created work and wealth in their own country.

thx for the posts

they apparently did not QE and at 1% savers had an easier time than UK savers. in other EU countries, savings rates are 6%+, eg Poland btw.

well, according to the times the ECB directly QEd 80bn Euros, and bought a couple of hundred billions from private banks that lent to governments.

they just seem to have hidden it well.

In fact, all QE does is keep bankrupt banks from being wound up.

what has put the GDP up is government spending, which forms part of the GDP, and a fall in imports.

As for Europe as a whole, the "flash" numbers show a small decline, but exclude members like Spain and Ireland.

But which nations did German banks lend to and what was there HPI bubble's like?

They certainly wont be unnaffected, but we also hold loans and a hpi bubblecrash inflicts most of its diffilcult costs (high costs, indebted population etc etc) on its location, not on where the loan is held.

Edited by Stars

Don't be so sure on Germany and France, there are still the issues with the baltic states.

There is still a potential for a huge banking crisis on continential Europe.

The game isn't over yet.

My only prediction is that, all things being equal, they will have a lot less pain to go through than us.

It still might be a while before things untangle themselves though

That's exactly what Vince Cable said last night on R4 at 5pm.

He noted that Germany and France had the lowest real eastate prices in Europe, which is why they are out of the woods (if they really are) first.

He mentioned the bubble in the UK, Spain and Ireland and the public debt horror of Italy and Greece.

Spot on to be honest.

If France and Germany are on the road to growth again the fun will really start in places like Spain and Ireland. Eurozone interest rates will go up whne it suits France and Germany no matter what the rest of the Eurozone want.

I wonder if the German banks have written off all their investments in Ireland?

Its easy to recover when you dont mark-to-market.

VMR.

When the Irish recession is finally over the German taxpayers will own Ireland lock stock and Guiness barrel.